Become a Patron!

using a Kick in a BAM

Jason Commerford

Member For 4 Years
Does anyone else out there have a problem with sporadic contact when using a Kick in their BAM? I frequently need to hit my button on my BAM 2-4 times before it will fire when I have a kick installed. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate the help. I have one Sigelei Kick and 2 other clones from Fasttech.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
are you making sure that your coil is above 1.0?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Inconsistent firing sounds like a connection issue. Possibly not making a good ground contact. I'd give it a good cleaning and make sure the kick fits reasonably snug in the kick tube without slopping around.

Jason Commerford

Member For 4 Years
Inconsistent firing sounds like a connection issue. Possibly not making a good ground contact. I'd give it a good cleaning and make sure the kick fits reasonably snug in the kick tube without slopping around.
It is snug. I don't think that is my problem. I will give it another cleaning to be sure that is not an issue. What do you use to clean your connections?

Jason Commerford

Member For 4 Years
Lefty and Celtic Fog

Which batteries do you use (flat top/button, amps, IMR, protected, high drain, etc.) ? Which Kick/clone do you use? Have you ever had this problem?

Last edited:

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Both my Smok and FT kick will fire down to 1.2. With anodized aluminum I'd stick with alcohol and a clean rag then once more with the dry rag to remove any residue. The only time I've ever had intermittent firing it's been a contact issue. If it fires consistently without the kick and all the kicks do it then that pretty much leaves contact between the sleeve and the mod or the sleeve and the kick. What kind of battery are you using?

Last edited:

Jason Commerford

Member For 4 Years
Both my Smok and FT kick will fire down to 1.2. With anodized aluminum I'd stick with alcohol and a clean rag then once more with the dry rag to remove any residue. The only time I've ever had intermittent firing it's been a contact issue. If it fires consistently without the kick and all the kicks do it then that pretty much leaves contact between the sleeve and the mod or the sleeve and the kick. What kind of battery are you using?
I usually do use alcohol so I will stick with that. Just wondering if anyone was using some high tech cleaner that I wasn't aware of. When using the bam with a 26650 and no kick I do not have the intermittent firing problem at all, regardless of the device attached to it, i.e. clearomizer with 510 to ego adapter or 510 tanks. Don't have any other mod that will accept the kicks so that I could test them. As for batteries I have Efest IMR 26500 3000mAh in both button and flat top. In the flat top I have both a blue and red variety if that makes a difference. At any rate they all experience the same intermittent firing problem.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If all three kicks do it, it works fine without the kick and more than one battery does it then that leaves contact with the sleeve as it's the only constant when it happens. I asked about batteries in case it might be a protection issue with either the fuse or the kick. The fuse will reset itself. If a battery was slow to recover from a drain the kick would refuse to fire. The Efests should be sufficient and if it was a nick in the battery wrap it's unlikely that it would happen with more than one battery.

Jason Commerford

Member For 4 Years
If all three kicks do it, it works fine without the kick and more than one battery does it then that leaves contact with the sleeve as it's the only constant when it happens. I asked about batteries in case it might be a protection issue with either the fuse or the kick. The fuse will reset itself. If a battery was slow to recover from a drain the kick would refuse to fire. The Efests should be sufficient and if it was a nick in the battery wrap it's unlikely that it would happen with more than one battery.
Thanks for the help. I will just work on the contact issue.
Do you have or know of any other mods that use 26500s or 26650s that will accept a kick? I have a copper Hades but the kicks will not fit in it. Also, have you found one particular brand/manufacturer of the various kicks that seems to work best?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not really. All my kicks are collecting dust except for one in my Hammer since I know that 18350 won't last all day. I've only used the Smok and the FT. Both work fine with the Smok being a mm or so shorter. The FT cost me about half as much but the Smok got here in a couple of days. Toss up.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both Fasttech Kick and Evolve Kick 2. They both work but the Evolve kick does a better job keeping contact with the Negative (sleeve). That said, at 4 times the cost ... it should.

VU Sponsors