Become a Patron!

Using A Kick In Hybrid Mode

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok, so I've decided to order an HCigar Caravela clone. My question to you guys is; will running it in hybrid mode free up enough inside space to run an 18650 flat top, with a kick?

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's a very specific case, I wish I had some info for you. <3

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No the kick uses up 15mm of the battery tube space...if you are not getting a longer battery tube the kick will only allow you to run 18500's

I have the FT Caravela clone...kick + 18500 (had to grind down the center pin by approx 2mm as well :( )

I did come across this kick adapter/extension tube, the threads appear course like on the Caravela I have (but the diameter is 1mm larger so the tube diameter will be mismatched....might have to get one just to see if it will work, will only be out a few bucks to see

Last edited:

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No the kick uses up 15mm of the battery tube space...if you are not getting a longer battery tube the kick will only allow you to run 18500's

I have the FT clone...kick + 18500 (had to grind down the center pin by approx 2mm as well :( )

I did come across this kick adapter/extension tube, the threads appear course like on the Caravela I have (but the diameter is 1mm larger so the tube diameter will be mismatched....might have to get one just to see if it will work, will only be out a few bucks to see
Thanks buddy, worst case scenario I'll run an 18500. I'd like more battery capacity though, but it is what it is I suppose

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've actually changed course with my build plans.

I'm commissioning a custom length brass tube by Fakir.

http://www.fakirsmods.com

He just confirmed that he'd be happy to make a custom tube for me :)

I'm going to use this top cap/switch assembly from Rampage Vapor, in polished stainless.

http://www.rampagevapor.net/22le-dal-polished.html

When all is said, and done I'll have a gorgeous, unique piece to use for daily fill up, and go duties! I'm friggin excited!:D

VU Sponsors