Become a Patron!

Using Stainless Steel Coils in Wattage Mode (Steampunk 220W)?

Hey everyone,
So I recently purchased some new 0.45 ohm SS316 prebuilt coils to use in my RDA. Not having them installed or anything yet, I looked at my beloved Tesla Steampunk 220W mod to see how to change to SS coils. Yet I find that whenever I change the coil material on the mod, it puts me to TC mode, which I don't want. Is there any way to remain in Wattage Mode when using SS coils on the mod?
Thanks in advance.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
you do not set anything to use wattage mode. you only set the wire type to use TC
so just use teh coils and set your wattage without trying to set SS on the mod and you are good to go

you do not set anything to use wattage mode. you only set the wire type to use TC
so just use teh coils and set your wattage without trying to set SS on the mod and you are good to go
Ahh yes, I suppose I should've just tried it out before asking, thanks alot buddy :)

Hello again, so now I installed my SS316 coils in my RDA and tried it on my Steampunk. But the indicator on the bottom still says "KA" for Kanthal? Is this a big problem, with the ohms and all?

VU Sponsors