Become a Patron!

USP Grade VG & BP Grade PG

Hi, would be interested in an expert opinion. I recently purchase from a web site selling the above. Being the skeptic I am, I had emailed and wanted reassurance that it was pharma grade. They confirmed it was .
However on their site I found under terms and conditions the following:
(All of our eliquids/ juices are made using food grade ingredients like BP grade Propylene Glycol, USP grade Vegetable Glycerine and natural and artificial food grade flavorings and should be handled as you would handle food.) (Copied and pasted) . This seems like a contradiction. I hope someone may shed some light as I won't know what I getting. Is there any way to tell and how should this be labeled when or if it arrives.

Last edited:
Not knowing where you are, but BP grade appears to be British Pharmaceutical Grade. USP is United States Pharmacopeia.
I am in Australia. I had to modify the title as this is how the wording was on the purchase page.
Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi, would be interested in an expert opinion. I recently purchase from a web site selling the above. Being the skeptic I am, I had emailed and wanted reassurance that it was pharma grade. They confirmed it was .
However on their site I found under terms and conditions the following:
(All of our eliquids/ juices are made using food grade ingredients like BP grade Propylene Glycol, USP grade Vegetable Glycerine and natural and artificial food grade flavorings and should be handled as you would handle food.) (Copied and pasted) . This seems like a contradiction. I hope someone may shed some light as I won't know what I getting. Is there any way to tell and how should this be labeled when or if it arrives.
I wouldn't worry about it. Sounds like a standard warning to me.

I wouldn't worry about it. Sounds like a standard warning to me.
Thanks Pami. I appreciated the link. My concern was , basically, expecting to get Pharma quality and getting food grade how would we know the difference ? The vendors that appear to have the best quality have postage costs that are almost the same as the price of the product . I attempted to buy from a company in US and the goods came to $90 US and postage was $75 US ( the cheapest option available on this site) $214.17 AU. Some would argue that this is a hell of a lot cheaper than cigs but I gave up the cancer sticks 4 Years ago and only started on the Vaping 12 months ago as the nicotine MAY be beneficial for my medical condition. I won't say what this is as I don't wish to influence anyone to take up vaping in the hope it my help their symptoms

Thanks Pami. I appreciated the link. My concern was , basically, expecting to get Pharma quality and getting food grade how would we know the difference ? The vendors that appear to have the best quality have postage costs that are almost the same as the price of the product . I attempted to buy from a company in US and the goods came to $90 US and postage was $75 US ( the cheapest option available on this site) $214.17 AU. Some would argue that this is a hell of a lot cheaper than cigs but I gave up the cancer sticks 4 Years ago and only started on the Vaping 12 months ago as the nicotine MAY be beneficial for my medical condition. I won't say what this is as I don't wish to influence anyone to take up vaping in the hope it my help their symptoms
Pami, Hopefully a simple question if you have the time. I have found a NZ site that is selling 100ml or 200 ml (size) of nicotine @100mg PG or 100mg VG (type). This looks to me to be to be a 1% nicotine content . Other US sites offer 100mg/ml or 75mg/ml this, I think , equates to 10% & 7.5% nicotine.
Am I correct about the NZ site or do I just need more schooling .

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Pami, Hopefully a simple question if you have the time. I have found a NZ site that is selling 100ml or 200 ml (size) of nicotine @100mg PG or 100mg VG (type). This looks to me to be to be a 1% nicotine content . Other US sites offer 100mg/ml or 75mg/ml this, I think , equates to 10% & 7.5% nicotine.
Am I correct about the NZ site or do I just need more schooling .

Without seeing the bottle I cannot say for certain. But, 100mg should be 100mg regardless of the bottle size. I buy mine in a liter bottle and it's 100mg. This is what I have... https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/unf...nicotine-e-liquid-base-1-liter-container.html

Pami, my confusion is the way it is written . As stated, the US will, as a general rule ,have it listed as I have stated above . The NZ site is is not doing this 100mg/ml . My assumption was that they were saying 100mg/100ml . The only thing I can think of is if ALL mg of nicotine is in relation to 1ml by law.
That would mean it is 100mg /ml or 10%. Thanks for the links . You won,t believe it but of all those links the one I had booked marked was the one the had just sent about My Freedom Smokes.

Without seeing the bottle I cannot say for certain. But, 100mg should be 100mg regardless of the bottle size. I buy mine in a liter bottle and it's 100mg. This is what I have... https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/unf...nicotine-e-liquid-base-1-liter-container.html
Thanks Pami . I was amazed .The link you had sent me previously I had picked out only one to bookmark and was surprised you had then sent me the link to the
same site My Freedom Smokes. . I was amazed. The other thing I just noticed is that MFS lists the same way as the NZ site which explains your not appearing to see the difference. Just starting out with DIY and it is a bit of a mine field out there so I will take your advise and have a good look at your recommendations . Cheers.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Wow! That is cool that you had picked the same link :D

If you didn't know already, we have a super active DIY section in the forum here: http://vapingunderground.com/#diy-e-liquid-do-it-yourself.137
You should check out some of the threads there, I'm sure it would help answer any questions you may still have.

:cheers:

VU Sponsors