Become a Patron!

USPS Delivery Nightmare Horror Story Thread

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Where's Waldo?
IMG_20170527_200927.jpg
Do ya see the package? Do ya think you would see it at 5am when you head off to work?
I only found it because I took out the trash before dark. It's my wife's masks and filters for her CPAP machine.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I get a LOT of packages delivered. I've seen a lot of the stories/videos of delivery men just throwing packages around and whatnot. I only had a problem once with a mangled package, but the contents were fine, thankfully. Every couple of months, I make a bunch of cookies or candy and give them to the UPS, USPS and FedEx delivery guys. I don't know if that's what makes a difference but I haven't had any problems with package deliveries since I started doing that a couple of years ago. :)

But when it comes to mailing items, we never, ever leave outgoing mail in the mailbox. We've had so many mailmen/women who can't seem to manage picking up AND dropping off mail. We've had our mail end up in a neighbor's backyard, lost outgoing mail and have received mail from down the street that a neighbor had tried to mail out. Everything outgoing, we drop off at the post office ourselves.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I live in the middle of nowhere so our post office is tiny. You see the employees around town so they tend to be respectful of our packages. I can’t say the same of ups and fed ex.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I knew a package was meant to come today, surprised when check tracking, I never requested shit, they full of crap :finger:

4C05E4FA-102B-471B-A9AC-6FA15FB81609.jpeg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I live out in the woods in a kind of small community. My main mail carrier is a great guy. If there's anything bigger than an envelope or ad paper he brings it up to the house. So all my vape mail goes strait to my house not down at the mail box. Sometimes there's another guy. I dont know if they rotate or if he's just a sub. He comes around less. When he brings vape mail, it doesnt go in the box (and it would fit). No, he likes to put my stuff in a Walmart bag and hang it on the outside of the box. That just screams, "Hey look, come and take me!". If it happens again I'm going to call the PO.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I live in the middle of nowhere so our post office is tiny. You see the employees around town so they tend to be respectful of our packages. I can’t say the same of ups and fed ex.
The Cheers theme song is going through my head as I imagine Cliff having a mug of beer lol.

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had a package sitting in the Chicago sorting facility since the 12th, if this counts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm currently going through this now. Ordered from 3Fvape on Thanksgiving. Took 1 week to get to US from China. 3 weeks and still counting for final delivery from Elizabeth NJ (which is 30 mins from me)

I swear, if I ever see a postal worker in a dark alley......

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Did the request on 12/4, received the package in question 2 weeks later. Got this TODAY. Guess they gonna be searchin' a while.

upload_2019-1-3_4-31-48.png

NotNew2VapingNow

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my pet peeve with my mail carrier(s) is that they're all a bunch of lazy pricks!
I'll be waiting for a package & perhaps a check of some sort...package gets dropped off at my door, but then I've still got to walk up to the mail box to get the mail....is it that difficult to deliver the mail at the same time as the package? and just because you can fit a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff in the box, how about a little customer service? deliver the 5 or 6 packages to my door & don't stuff them all in the box!!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
my pet peeve with my mail carrier(s) is that they're all a bunch of lazy pricks!
I'll be waiting for a package & perhaps a check of some sort...package gets dropped off at my door, but then I've still got to walk up to the mail box to get the mail....is it that difficult to deliver the mail at the same time as the package? and just because you can fit a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff in the box, how about a little customer service? deliver the 5 or 6 packages to my door & don't stuff them all in the box!!

We have EXACTLY the same problem with all but one of our mail carriers. One of them, the "lead" guy for this route, is intelligent enough that if he has to get out of the truck to bring a box to the door, he rubberbands all the mail to it -- and he's really nice too; when I holler "thank you!" He hollers back "No problem! have a nice day!" But the others? :facepalm: My husband and I have BOTH asked one or more of them why they don't bring ALL the mail to the door, if they have to get out anyway -- they don't even have an answer, but we know the real reason: THEY'RE STUPID!!!

Andria

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ordered some BB plugs beginning of the week from ebay, showed as in my city and out for delivery Thursday, never turned up though and been in transit since, where the hell is it going, doesn't take that long to get to my place from the post office :headbang:

9hSb8B0.png

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered some BB plugs beginning of the week from ebay, showed as in my city and out for delivery Thursday, never turned up though and been in transit since, where the hell is it going, doesn't take that long to get to my place from the post office :headbang:

9hSb8B0.png
If they don't show up let me know. I've got a dl and mtl I've been trying to sell to no avail. When I get back from vacation tomorrow I'm closing my thread and I can send them to you. I've got one BB and have one in it for mtl which is all I need it for.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

9hSb8B0.png
I had a package sit for 5 days at a local post office. Sometimes, I think they forget about some packages (first class mail). I had a priority mail package (sent to me) arrive 10-11 days later. Some of the postal folks are not the brightest.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some of the postal folks are not the brightest.

Sometimes things fall off the belts and sit on the floor. You have to open a ticket sometimes because it shows it arrived at a location so get to work you lazy bastards and find my package~!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If they don't show up let me know. I've got a dl and mtl I've been trying to sell to no avail. When I get back from vacation tomorrow I'm closing my thread and I can send them to you. I've got one BB and have one in it for mtl which is all I need it for.

Will do, thank you :)

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Package was abducted by aliens on 6/8. Never seen again.....
Screenshot_2019-06-15-17-43-41.png

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes things fall off the belts and sit on the floor. You have to open a ticket sometimes because it shows it arrived at a location so get to work you lazy bastards and find my package~!
Been there done that, now I think my ticket is getting an alien anal probe too....

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is on the one who's truck it was on and your post proves that~! I went off on Amazon Prime because that happened to me and took them 3-4 days to tell me they refunded my money and it was Lost or Damaged. So I called and said which is it? Damaged or Lost? They just told me we have no further information. So I told them take your Amazon Prime and shove it up your ass~!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Several months back, I posted a screen shot from an email I received from the P.O. I had inquired about a package that didn't show. It ended up being delivered 2 weeks later. Since that time, I receive a monthly email from them, stating they've yet to find my package. I haven't had the heart to tell them that it's because they already delivered it.

A week ago, I received another email from them, basically saying they've halted all efforts in trying to locate it. Just proves to me, they really don't research those packages.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Several months back, I posted a screen shot from an email I received from the P.O. I had inquired about a package that didn't show. It ended up being delivered 2 weeks later. Since that time, I receive a monthly email from them, stating they've yet to find my package. I haven't had the heart to tell them that it's because they already delivered it.

A week ago, I received another email from them, basically saying they've halted all efforts in trying to locate it. Just proves to me, they really don't research those packages.
I don't think they scan them, most of the time, nor account for them. Most of the tracking-data seems like Fantasy Island garbage.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't think they scan them, most of the time, nor account for them. Most of the tracking-data seems like Fantasy Island garbage.

I once had an International Package stop in Brooklyn. When I tried to open a ticket with the International USPS Tracking they gave me a hard time so I called my main Post Office and received a call back within an hour from the manager. Explained that it stopped in Brooklyn by the scans and how rude International USPS Tracking was with me. He said he will research it and call me back the next day in the afternoon. My package was delivered before Noon the next day.

Last edited:

Chum

Member For 5 Years
Our regular carrier is awesome, but gets what seems like 20 weeks of vacation a year. The subs are awful...so awful that I have arranged contact with all the surrounding neighbors that get my mail or I get theirs. I put tracking on the cell phone so I call home instantly and have my Wife check for package as well

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Our regular carrier is awesome, but gets what seems like 20 weeks of vacation a year. The subs are awful...so awful that I have arranged contact with all the surrounding neighbors that get my mail or I get theirs. I put tracking on the cell phone so I call home instantly and have my Wife check for package as well

We had that exact situation, the lead mail carrier was the only of 3-5 who had a lick of sense. But unfortunately, he retired, so now if you combined the 4-6 idiots who do our street, you couldn't come up with even one lick of sense. They're just pitiful.

Andria

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

9hSb8B0.png

Well this is getting more funky, was in the right city to be delivered, now it has gone to seattle for some unknown reason, I am starting to wonder if this could be my 1st vape package in over 6 years I will not end up receiving, glad the package isn't anything very exciting.

pHaueox.png

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not to hijack this thread with a Canadian mail tale, but our post woman is a piece of work. When the weather gets nice she likes to take long weekends. We don't have Canada Post delivery on weekends so on some Fridays she'll load up her bins for that day in the morning at our local post office and not deliver that day. We've been watching her do this for 2 years and Canada Post has done nothing. On the Monday's after one of her long weekends you'll see the back of her van full with 2 days worth of mail.

She did this this past Friday, I ordered a SXK BB for a friend, update said out for delivery in the morning and mail didn't come for me or any of my neighbors that day.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well this is getting more funky, was in the right city to be delivered, now it has gone to seattle for some unknown reason, I am starting to wonder if this could be my 1st vape package in over 6 years I will not end up receiving, glad the package isn't anything very exciting.

pHaueox.png

I used to order a good bit from ECX, so i can confirm that there's a black hole somewhere near Seattle. Strange that it sucked your pkg all the way across the country, but I hear they get bigger and stronger, the more stuff they suck in. :giggle: I believe there's one in S. FL too, some weirdly-named place.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

When I had a package come into JFK and take a scenic tour of New York State and then through Massachusetts with a leisurely tour of the Connecticut Shore before coming back to New York they told me well someone put it in the wrong bin~! Worst part was in in the Queens Distribution Center when that happened.
:coffee:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well we will see if it comes back to Des Moines now or taking a trip somewhere else :wait:

Tmf7sfM.png

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
USPS don't operate there, but the tracking does work as comes via USPS, I add all my china packages to informed delivery, so can see whats happening with them and don't have to track each package separately.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I see that it is with EMS.

upload_2019-6-17_19-15-29.png

Now I am trying to figure out if it has left China yet. Track 17 shows it as in transit and shows a plane.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got a new one today, had 2 packages of hardware come today, so waiting eagerly for mail person, get notification they are delivered, I am in my work apartment in Des Moines, so have to go down to the long list of mailboxes for all the apartments, open my mailbox, completely empty, are you kidding me, so I really shouldn't of done what I did, but started opening other apartment mailboxes, and 2 mail boxes down, there are my packages, I'm in apartment 1 and the mail person put them in apartment 3 mailbox :huh:

I know shouldn't open other people's mailboxes, but glad I did, don't know if the person in apartment 3 is a honest person or not, so may never seen $100 worth of gear if hadn't checked other mailboxes, just glad no one saw me.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I come home from working expecting vapemail... Box is empty.. I get home, get to the door - I get a "we attempted to deliver" sticky on the door.

Well, fine - wtf? Not marked Signature; Owed; etc.. No idea why these morons failed to deliver. I'll leave the idiotic slip in the box for MONDAY, now - fookin' halfwits.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
..and you know it's more BS, because they claim they arrived 15min after you left..
A) I saw no vehicle as I left the property or down the street;
B) they haven't delivered the mail before 3pm in months.

VU Sponsors