Become a Patron!

USPS

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Half the time, I think horror stories regarding shippers have to do with location.

I never have issues with USPS here, but, I live in a development without local delivery. Everybody has a PO Box at the local office, so no worries over stolen or weather damaged things.
UPS is nice too. There has been a few times I ordered easily identifiable things (like LCD monitors, which ship in their regular packaging) and the UPS guy would leave it at the post office instead of leaving it at the door for anybody to see and steal. Although, I'm starting to think that I might be getting too much stuff shipped to me via UPS. Twice this year I have gotten somebody elses packages delivered to me with my name and address on them.

FedEx though...that's another story. Lived in 3 different houses over the past 15 years and it was hard getting a delivery from them at each one. I could sit in my living room and watch out the window as a FedEx truck pulled up, sat for a few seconds, then drove off. Would look at the online tracking and see "delivery attempted, recipient not home" when the driver didn't even bother to get out of the truck.
I have the exact opposite experience regarding UPS and FedEx. USPS is just a toss up at best. FedEx is cheaper than UPS, and they've never let me down. I used to have to order overnight by 10:30 AM delivery on a fairly regular basis, and they never failed me.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The hipster douche bag rockabilly reject came through today. I mean the professional looking, mail carrier.

No I don't the mail dude looks like a stray cats, Social D video reject from the early 90s.
I at least got my wire which I was out of and my flavors.

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am having the same issue with USPS, UPS and DHL. Heck one of the things I bought was shipped from Ca. and made it to Ut. only to turn around and go back to Ca. for no reason and I cannot find out why. The seller didn't turn it around.

One package has been sitting in Co. for over a week without movement, it's our PG and VG the last of the stuff we need so we can start DIY . Another shows it was shipped but the carrier isn't showing any progress at all on it, which doesn't surprise me every time I get something from this carrier it shows up then the tracking goes active.

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am having the same issue with USPS, UPS and DHL. Heck one of the things I bought was shipped from Ca. and made it to Ut. only to turn around and go back to Ca. for no reason and I cannot find out why. The seller didn't turn it around.

One package has been sitting in Co. for over a week without movement, it's our PG and VG the last of the stuff we need so we can start DIY . Another shows it was shipped but the carrier isn't showing any progress at all on it, which doesn't surprise me every time I get something from this carrier it shows up then the tracking goes active.
I've had packages from the next state over from where I live go on vacation to the U.S. Virgin Islands, then Florida, then California before getting to me.

Boshears

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a mod coming from Florida to me in North Carolina. I ordered it on the 24th still can get any information from usps about the shipment. This is twice that this has happened. Never any trouble with UPS or FedEx. The usps needs to step up there tracking site.

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think I will give the PG and VG until Monday to start movement if it doesn't then I will re-order it. We bought enough to get us started and will need more anyway. Heck who knows maybe the second order will beat the first order here.

VU Sponsors