Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown coil problems?

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for posting this. I had a .25 coil go out on me yesterday after 5-6 days. I loaded another coil last night and used this video. Something else clicked in my head this morning though. I just realized when I am vaping. I'm not actually "pulling" on the drip tip, rather I have been letting the coil do the work and "push" into my mouth. I think this could be a major part of my problem. Thank you again for posting the video.

I watched that video too, it was helpful but he goes a bit overboard, holy crap-half an hour to explain this?
Just drip e-liquid on the inside cotton and wait for it to absorb, then drip some more, and repeat.
It takes quite a bit as the cotton absorbs a lot. Then install your coil, fill your tank, and let it sit for a few minutes. Then start at a modest power setting or lower temp setting until you're certain the wick is fully saturated before going full bore.

And yeah, if you're just pressing the fire button and not moving air through the coil, you're gonna have a bad time. You need to move a lot of air through the coil. I assume this is pretty standard for most coils.

There's tons of knock-off coils for the Crown out there. All of those on FastTech that don't say authentic are certainly knock-offs, and I see them on ebay and I'm sure other places too. I think it's pretty safe to assume that anything popular will always be faked, especially anything made in China.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I watched that video too, it was helpful but he goes a bit overboard, holy crap-half an hour to explain this?
Just drip e-liquid on the inside cotton and wait for it to absorb, then drip some more, and repeat.
It takes quite a bit as the cotton absorbs a lot. Then install your coil, fill your tank, and let it sit for a few minutes. Then start at a modest power setting or lower temp setting until you're certain the wick is fully saturated before going full bore.

And yeah, if you're just pressing the fire button and not moving air through the coil, you're gonna have a bad time. You need to move a lot of air through the coil. I assume this is pretty standard for most coils.

There's tons of knock-off coils for the Crown out there. All of those on FastTech that don't say authentic are certainly knock-offs, and I see them on ebay and I'm sure other places too. I think it's pretty safe to assume that anything popular will always be faked, especially anything made in China.
It ain't brain surgery....

It's the same process as any other sub-tank coil: drip juice into the coil until it's saturated, but not soaked into the coil (no juicy coil); screw in and take your power up slowly, making sure you're seeing bubbles from the coil wicking.

That's all I've ever done and I've never had a coil prematurely crap out on me that wasn't defective from the get go (gurgling and crazy spit-back from bad seals or poor wick installation), but that's only been Kanger OCCs so far. I've had one Crown coil that was weird and buffet-y/restricted, but it didn't burn up.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For what it's worth, my new crown came from vape royalty and the coil that burned out was stock. I ordered a 4 pack after I had the burn out from the same store. I also just ordered another one in black to go with my Evic vtc. I really hope that they sort the issues out as it's almost perfect. Even though I'm trying to get away from nickel and move towards stainless, I find that crowns ni200 coils are great (so far).

judo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just an observation I had the other day about my crown tank having a little spit-back.
Most people who give advice to nooobs about priming coils tend to overstate presoaking
the cotton with juice but with good reason. Not enough juice it burns, too much = spit-back.
The instructions for the crown tank say .3-.5 ml's before first use. For anyone not familiar
with measuring liquids in small amounts .3-.5 ml's is about 1/3 full of a glass dropper.
The first time I primed my crown coil I patiently dropped in what must of been at
least 3/4 - 1 full dropper of juice. With that amount of juice it took forever to burn off before
the spit-back went away.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alot of folks that get spit back and gurgle turn up the wattage.. Low wattage doesn't vaporize all the juice completely..These stainless/Japanese cotton coils like the higher wattages to really shine..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just an observation I had the other day about my crown tank having a little spit-back.
Most people who give advice to nooobs about priming coils tend to overstate presoaking
the cotton with juice but with good reason. Not enough juice it burns, too much = spit-back.
The instructions for the crown tank say .3-.5 ml's before first use. For anyone not familiar
with measuring liquids in small amounts .3-.5 ml's is about 1/3 full of a glass dropper.
The first time I primed my crown coil I patiently dropped in what must of been at
least 3/4 - 1 full dropper of juice. With that amount of juice it took forever to burn off before
the spit-back went away.
Plus if you flood the coil either by pulling too hard at low wattages or by over priming, and leave it flooded as you ramp up your power, the excess juice will burn in the coil potentially leading to premature coil death.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

judo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep! I've done what both guyakaguy and break-19 have commented on lol.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the time being, I've given up on my Crown coils in standard power mode and strictly using them in SS temp mode. The Herakles Plus coils on the other hand are holding up well to high wattage and VG. If only it wasen't such a cluster fuck with the placement of all the controls.

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm still only getting about 3-4 days out of these coils. I do the ridiculously long break in that the guy in the video does. Usually no burnt hits, but huge flavor loss after about 3-4 days. It's a shame because I love this tank.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still only getting about 3-4 days out of these coils. I do the ridiculously long break in that the guy in the video does. Usually no burnt hits, but huge flavor loss after about 3-4 days. It's a shame because I love this tank.
You're lucky then LOL I get anywhere from 30-60 mls out of a coil. That's 1-2 days. But it's still my favorite tank!

VU Sponsors