Become a Patron!

UWell Crown coils, question about popping noise when vaping

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, I recently purchased a uwell crown tank, for the second time. It's been a few months since I've used one, and I guess I just didn't appreciate the way the coils run in the uwell crown tank until my second go.
Now, after reading hours upon hours about the different metals used to Vape with, I keep hearing the word "pop" when it comes to talking these specific metals, and heating them.
I keep getting a popping noise when I vape the crown, it's because I set it to 40w and take really slow inhales, because I get much better flavor when I vape that way, I push the fire button for a good 3-4 seconds, sometimes 5. No burnt hits, it doesn't taste funny, it's actually great. It just tends to make a loud POP noise when I do it this way versus vaping it with fast inhales, when I vape it normal speed, no pop. But huge clouds. When I vape it slow, sometimes 2-3 sometimes 4 popping noises which are pretty loud. What's going on in my tank? Is it the wicking and the juice is just dripping into the cotton flower this popping noise ??
Any help please, I just want to Make sure I'm not hurting the wire causing it to produce any unnecessary fumes.
Thanks!
You guys are great.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Curious which coils you are using and with what device? Im using the Ni200 coils and I can't buy a pop...Just a smooth, rich, flavorful vape with only a little gurgle.

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
0.25 SS coil that came with it. Running,it at 40-45watts at the most..trying to get the most out of my coils so I'm staying below 50.
I vape like every 5 minutes if not sooner lol.
It just makes this loud popping noise of I don't suck fast, I'm wondering if it's just the wicking process..I haven't dived into the,ni200 coil yet, stoked about it tho. The ss coils are BOMB.

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The popping though.
Same thing happens with my Starre freemax. With the ni200 coils. I let it sit over night and then I vape,it and it pops like a cap gun.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You using thin juice?...that usually makes the snap crackle pop.

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm vaping taffy man gr8ape, so I think it is an 70\30blend but I could be wrong. It doesn't say on the bottle.
But DAMN. this shit is Damn good.
By far the best grape flavor out there, and the best of the taffy man collection.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Usually when they don't mention the ratio it's 50-50.....from what I've gathered from many juice outfits.

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm on day two of using my.025 ss coil that came pre installed. Still excellent flavors
From what I can remember about,having,this tank months ago is the coils turn black after about a short week.
Hoping my vaping style has changed and I've learned how to prolong the quality of these bad boys. I used to chain vape without allowing time for the coil to resaturate. Now I make sure to wait in between puffs.

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Weird. I woke up this morning feeling hungover as all hell for whatever reason..(i don't party, and I went to sleep around 1am, woke up at 1259pm) must have just slept really deep. Anyway, woke up and,you a day puff off my vape, I had my crown w/ 0.25ohm coil in on top of eleaf I stick 60 w w\ tc, running it,i regular wattage mode at 45w and it tasted horrible. No flavor, must have been dry. My juice was low so maybe it just wasn't fully saturated. I refilled it, and took a puff, now,its back to normal.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm vaping taffy man gr8ape, so I think it is an 70\30blend but I could be wrong. It doesn't say on the bottle.
But DAMN. this shit is Damn good.
By far the best grape flavor out there, and the best of the taffy man collection.
Actually got some taffy man grape the other week. It is delicious.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, I recently purchased a uwell crown tank, for the second time. It's been a few months since I've used one, and I guess I just didn't appreciate the way the coils run in the uwell crown tank until my second go.
Now, after reading hours upon hours about the different metals used to Vape with, I keep hearing the word "pop" when it comes to talking these specific metals, and heating them.
I keep getting a popping noise when I vape the crown, it's because I set it to 40w and take really slow inhales, because I get much better flavor when I vape that way, I push the fire button for a good 3-4 seconds, sometimes 5. No burnt hits, it doesn't taste funny, it's actually great. It just tends to make a loud POP noise when I do it this way versus vaping it with fast inhales, when I vape it normal speed, no pop. But huge clouds. When I vape it slow, sometimes 2-3 sometimes 4 popping noises which are pretty loud. What's going on in my tank? Is it the wicking and the juice is just dripping into the cotton flower this popping noise ??
Any help please, I just want to Make sure I'm not hurting the wire causing it to produce any unnecessary fumes.
Thanks!
You guys are great.
First, it's normal. It's a few different causes I've narrowed down, but first and foremost it literally is popping. Vaporized liquid being trapped by un-vaporized liquid creating a bubble that pops. This especially happens with claptoned coils or more porous types of coils. It can also happen with strait wire coils though, quickly vaporizing the juice in contact with the coils while it's surrounded by the liquid still, it'll happen more often when the cotton is completely (potentially over) saturated. So don't really worry about it, nothing wrong is happening, it just is what it is and comes with the territory of the higher level of wicking that you get with these new tanks, and combine that with SS coils that heat up very quickly, it's going to happen. You could try bumping the wattage up a little that might allow that "sealing" liquid to vaporize quick enough to not bubble too much, though you'd likely still get a little crackling.

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Mine pops with certain juices and dont with others. Seems the higher VG juices dont do this at all. I had some 50/50 that would pop like crazy.

VU Sponsors