Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown RBA Guidence

Hello my name is Joseph and I am messaging in regards to my Uwell Crown RBA. A few months ago I had bought RBA equipment and organic e-liquids. At the store I had help with getting me set up with my mod. After a few weeks of the coil and cotton wearing out, I had attempted to make my own coils. I was able to make the coil and insert cotton successfully but I believe I am doing something wrong. I am getting great vapor production that is smooth, not dry and doesn't taste burnt. Unfortunately I am not getting any flavor. I am using 22ga Kanthal A1, and I was making between 4 and 6 wraps on a 25 coil master. Some times I would space out the wraps, others times I would not. As far as the cotton, I either trimmed it close and left it as is, or I would leave it a little longer and use the S method. If you could give any tips on what I should do as far as making coils or inserting cotton I would appreciate it. I am using a eVic VTwo Mini, that goes up to 75 W. I would like to stay on the lesser wattage if possible, around 25 Watts, for I do not like the warm vapor as much. Thank you and have a nice day! - Joseph

Hydro1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
22 gauge kanthal and sub 25 watts dont go together. For lower wattage builds try 28 guage. 22 needs a lot of power to get it going.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I use an eVic VTC Mini (the predecessor to the VTwo Mini) with a crown and an RBA with no problems. My coils are 26g SS316L, 2.5mm (like yours), 4 wraps. One difference is that I use it in temperature control mode, set at 420 degrees and 32 watts. works like a charm with no flavor loss. I recommend it if you aren't against trying Stainless Steel for your coil. I like SS because it lasts a long time, and can be used in both normal wattage mode, and temp control mode.

For the record, my crown produces better flavor than most other tanks I've tried except my Griffin 25 (but that's a big tank, hard to build on, and looks funny on my smaller mods).

VU Sponsors