Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown settings

vapexin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Relatively new to vaping, I added a new kit to my collection. The well crown with an IPV3 mod. Previously I had been using a Kanger Subtank mini in a snow wolf mini 75 w mod, which I have been very happy, in terms of flavor. I tried various settings on the uwell crown but cant seem to get the same level of flavor. On the kangertech sub tank i am mostly on 30 W with .5 coils.

Are there any specific , recommended settings for the Uwell crown? I do realize I get better flavor at around 50W but still not consistent. I have head a lot of raving reviews about the crown, so I think its just me not using the device properly. Any pointers would be helpful

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the .25 coil at about 62-65w..good flavor and thick clouds.. Be sure you prime your coil and start low slowly bumping up the watts (power mode) to find your sweet spot..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey thanks, I will. Haven't messed with TCR thus far but now sounds like a good time.
Let us know what you think. What I noticed was in standard setting I was seeing .26-.27 ohm, in TCR it dropped to .25 and increased ramp up from about .36 max to .42

vapexin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will try out the .25 coil and see how it goes. Thanks

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
must have missed something what is TCR?

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok thanks not trying to hijack the thread but dose that only apply to certain mods? Cuboid? not ipv3? Because I have an ipv3 and not the cuboid never heard of it..

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will try out the .25 coil and see how it goes. Thanks
If those coils don't do it for you when it comes to flavor, I would suggest you try the .15 Ni200 Crown coils. They seem to be more consistent than the 4 packs of SS coils.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok thanks not trying to hijack the thread but dose that only apply to certain mods? Cuboid? not ipv3? Because I have an ipv3 and not the cuboid never heard of it..
Yes, some of the mods with temp control recently have the ability to adjust TCR, basically you can adjust how a temp control coil ohm's.Your ipv3 does not have that ability.

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks good to know,, I did a google search and it just came up with a bunch of scientific mumbo jumbo nothing about vaping lol

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
wires we use for coils in our atomizers have these tcr values, either positive or negative, or null...
the tcr specifically referred to in this thread is an adjustable value in a memory location. the dna 200, evic vtc mini are 2 such devices that these values can be input

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape the .5's ar 50-60 watts and get great flavor and vapor. How long have you been using the coil? IME, the crowns have a pretty long break in.

vapexin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I vape the .5's ar 50-60 watts and get great flavor and vapor. How long have you been using the coil? IME, the crowns have a pretty long break in.
I have gone about three tank fills on this. Its getting there, but only marginally. What I don't understand is that i get the same flavor at 30 W on the Kangertech sub tank

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use the .5 coils and don't start getting any flavor until 50-55 watts.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been using the Crown on my Evic VTC Mini, 550f @ 40W in TC SS316 mode. Flavor has been extraordinary since the very first fill. After about a half tank, the flavor started coming through strong and smooth, and has only been getting better with every puff, I almost can't believe it. This is hands down the most flavorful vape I've ever had. Give these settings a shot and see what you think after just one tank fill, and it'll only get better with every fill :p

20160118_081430.jpg

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Been using the Crown on my Evic VTC Mini, 550f @ 40W in TC SS316 mode. Flavor has been extraordinary since the very first fill. After about a half tank, the flavor started coming through strong and smooth, and has only been getting better with every puff, I almost can't believe it. This is hands down the most flavorful vape I've ever had. Give these settings a shot and see what you think after just one tank fill, and it'll only get better with every fill :p

View attachment 38671
From what I've read, supposed to use the TCR setting for 304 stainless with the Crown tanks. It won't damage the mod to use it in 316 mode? My first foray into tc, so just double checking so I don't fry my mod :(

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
for crown ss coils, both .25 and .50, try this on for size...m1/m2/or m3 set to 0125...50 to 60 watts...450 degrees...as a jumping off point

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe I should back it off to 450f and go by 5's till I like the temp? Just want to make sure I have the tcr correct

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I've read, supposed to use the TCR setting for 304 stainless with the Crown tanks. It won't damage the mod to use it in 316 mode? My first foray into tc, so just double checking so I don't fry my mod

The TCR is for adjusting the resistance readings for various types of wire, and relates nothing to the tank you use. The Crown SS coils are 316 Stainless Steel, so using the SS316 Mode is exactly what it was designed for. Some people find changing the TCR can fine tune their vape experience, but I've found SS316 mode works perfect for these coils, so there's no need to adjust them. If I were to build a coil, then I would use TCR adjustments to fine tune everything. Since the adjustments are made at one thousandth increments, alot of people can't even tell the difference between the different adjustments (from personal experience, most of my friends can't tell the difference, even some of the experienced ones) so the TCRs are really only for the more experienced vapers

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The TCR is for adjusting the resistance readings for various types of wire, and relates nothing to the tank you use. The Crown SS coils are 316 Stainless Steel, so using the SS316 Mode is exactly what it was designed for. Some people find changing the TCR can fine tune their vape experience, but I've found SS316 mode works perfect for these coils, so there's no need to adjust them. If I were to build a coil, then I would use TCR adjustments to fine tune everything. Since the adjustments are made at one thousandth increments, alot of people can't even tell the difference between the different adjustments (from personal experience, most of my friends can't tell the difference, even some of the experienced ones) so the TCRs are really only for the more experienced vapers

Someone had told me the Crown coils were 304 SS. And others say 316L. Been running it with the TCR for 304 since last night and I'm getting a good vape. Not sure how accurate it is...lol

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
After even more research, I have found around 6 vendors that list the coils as 316, and the RBA as 304 just like the tank, but says the wire that comes with the rba is 316. And a lot of sites that don't list any details. So based on the majority it seems to be 316. And then most of the forum conversations about it seem to not know and most people admit to using the tcr for 304.

Boggles the mind. I just switched to the 316 mode and trying it for awhile now. And I guess I will settle on the one that gives me the best and most consistent vape of the 2? Who know if it will be accurate, but who cares as long as it doesn't burn or dry it I guess. Might end up back in wattage mode, might end up not liking tc ;)
Thanks for all the help!

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After even more research, I have found around 6 vendors that list the coils as 316, and the RBA as 304 just like the tank, but says the wire that comes with the rba is 316. And a lot of sites that don't list any details. So based on the majority it seems to be 316. And then most of the forum conversations about it seem to not know and most people admit to using the tcr for 304.
Boggles the mind. I just switched to the 316 mode and trying it for awhile now. And I guess I will settle on the one that gives me the best and most consistent vape of the 2? Who know if it will be accurate, but who cares as long as it doesn't burn or dry it I guess. Might end up back in wattage mode, might end up not liking tc
Thanks for all the help!

If you look on the package itself (the yellow band around the case) it says SUS316 Food Grade Stainless Steel, with pictures of stainless steel food utensils. No Vendor necessary. Alot of people fail to take the time and read labels and pamphlets and manual, and end up either using the product incorrectly, or inefficiently. Luckily in this case though, it is all about preference, not function, so you can't go wrong. Some people may find that the TCR of 304 works better for them on SS316, depending on the mod they're using. Since not all chips are built the same, not all chips function the same, so a TCR of 304 may function better. Try them both, see which one you prefer, and use that one, it won't ruin the mod or coil or anything so it's all good.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you look on the package itself (the yellow band around the case) it says SUS316 Food Grade Stainless Steel, with pictures of stainless steel food utensils. No Vendor necessary. Alot of people fail to take the time and read labels and pamphlets and manual, and end up either using the product incorrectly, or inefficiently. Luckily in this case though, it is all about preference, not function, so you can't go wrong. Some people may find that the TCR of 304 works better for them on SS316, depending on the mod they're using. Since not all chips are built the same, not all chips function the same, so a TCR of 304 may function better. Try them both, see which one you prefer, and use that one, it won't ruin the mod or coil or anything so it's all good.
You are absolutely correct, it does state it in the little owner's manual/card! Duh, why didn't I think to go read it again...lol? I did read it when I bought the tank. 6-8 months ago. Long before I ever considered even looking at temp control much less using it. Unfortunately, my chemo brain has significantly shortened my long term memory, That is also why I have researched and read non stop on tc for the last 2 weeks. Thanks for the reminder on the simplicity of the owner's manual, I will revisit those first next time I have questions :D

Thank you all for all your help throughout my process. I now feel like I won't explode when I push the button ;)

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need some advice. I have an ipvd2 75w tc mod. A crown tank. I get to buy coils today. I havnt tried the 0.15 ni coil yet. Will it work correctly in the mod (do I have enough power to do it?).

I ask because the 0.5 coils are great, and the 0.25 takes my mod up to 70-73watts to get the right flavor. Bin worried that the 0.15 coils just won't work.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need some advice. I have an ipvd2 75w tc mod. A crown tank. I get to buy coils today. I havnt tried the 0.15 ni coil yet. Will it work correctly in the mod (do I have enough power to do it?).
I ask because the 0.5 coils are great, and the 0.25 takes my mod up to 70-73watts to get the right flavor. Bin worried that the 0.15 coils just won't work.

Since you've been using SS in Wattage mode, you have the mindset that lower ohm coils will take more power in TC, but that's not true at all. You probably wouldn't need more than 40W or so in TC mode. I ran my Crown with the Ni coil at 500f-550f @ 35W-40W and worked great, but Ni coils just don't hold a flame to SS coils (in either Power or TC). With the Ni coils, you must run it in TC NI Mode only! You cannot use Nickel in Power Mode. Switch it to TC mode, set the temp around 400f at 30W-35W, and bump up the temp until it feels right for you. Once you find the temp you like, bump up the Watts as necessary, but higher wattage doesn't always mean better, you're gonna want to leave it at just under the point it goes into "Temp Protect".

The easiest way to explain it is like this:
In TC, Wattage = Ramp Time. The longer the coil stays in the "ramp up" the more smooth and consistent the vape will be. Once it hits Temp Protect, the mod will "pulse" (firing the battery on/off rapidly) to maintain that Temp. Pulsing gives a wavy kind of vape (just like if you were to tap the button on your mod really fast, it wouldn't give you a very good hit). If the Wattage is too low, the coils won't reach the Temperature you set either. So find the temp you like first, then bump up/fine tune the wattage and you'll be good to go

Hope that helps a bit :)

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
With the ni200 coil you will have to use temp mode, but it should work like a champ...

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. Just worried about hitting the top out point of my mod in tc mode and not getting the flavor I want. Some day I'll get a mod that goes higher, but I love the size of a single battery mod.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm using the .5 crown at 45 watts and loving it!
If I use SS Tc I'm
At 450

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the crown again after having it once before with my snow wolf 200 W V1 .5 mod and previously I had bad luck with all three coil heads. Now I am using a cuboid with the .25 coil heads after buying another crown tank because I realized that this tank was made for high/max VG juice. The thinner the juices on this tank and others like the TFV4, herk plus, and full list of others that have recently came out, The more metal flavor you get/this is only from my experience\ . the whole idea was to get the RDA experience which ( in my opinion is about clouds and flavor with a thicker juice ) for example the Atlantis V2 .3 coil heads would smoke through coil's like crazy on high VG - Max , at full watts potential-once I realized that now I have a 70/30 in my crown with the .25 coil heads with the TCR of 108 at 65 W and the flavor is on point and thick dense clouds from the first pull. Now the only problem is when I initially primed installed the tank even after a few drags and still currently I am getting a variable coil reading even cold of like .32 sometimes it goes down to as low as .27 but other than that I'm a little confused right now on why it's reading the coils this way the only thing I can think of is because of the nonresistance wire that Bonds the dual coils in the crown coil.there's a video on YouTube. I can't remember who shows the video of a crown coil pulled out of the coil jumped across in velocity deck and only the SS 316L portion was glowing at 40 W with small parts interconnecting the dual coils not heating up it was a little bit of the trip because U well claims there is no nonresistance wire in the coil heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

View attachment 38671

Love my eVic Mini VTC

Just wanted to chime in because safety is should be paramount. (late to the party as usual!) TCR adjustment is becoming a lot more popular, and even with the various safety features of mods. I've run into too many people who've had safety issues because of setting the TCR far from what it should be for the particular wire they are using. This is usually where i point them... https://www.djlsbvapes.com/different-wires/ . It gives a good basic explanation, and the TCR for commonly used wires. (some devices only do 4 digits, just drop the leading 0's)

P.S. The TCR for 304 and 316L SS are very close, on my SX Mini and my Crown I can set the TCR manually, or select the coil as 304 SS and I notice no difference.

VU Sponsors