Become a Patron!

Uwell crown v1 stock coil twisted buid

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so i have been rebuilding uwell crown v1 stock coils for a while now. Getting pretty good at it and thought id share a new coil style.

watch any video on youtube about stock coil rebuilding and its the same process. Instead i have used a twisted SS316L wire. Two 26ga wires simply twisted together. I put both wires in a drill and let the wife hold the drill and i held both wires. I spun a whole spool of geekvape 26ga SS316L. just bend the whole wire in half and put the bend in the drill. Because its such a stiff wire it stays together if you twist it tight.

so 5 and a half wraps got me a .45ohm build which doesnt sound that low but damn the flavour im getting is like im in a dream and theyre letting me try the new uwell crown v4. some of the greatest vaping flavour ive ever had. I used a coilmaster coil jig with the 4mm bit and when you wrap the coil its tight but when you let it go it goes a little looser but thats what you want. It retains the original crown coil diameter (approx 5.5mm?)

use the full length of the cotton pad, width just a bit wider than the coil and something cool about geekvape coil wire spools is that you can unscrew the center to take all the wire out and then respool your twisted wire (pic below) not sure about other brands

This is how im doing my coils from now on. Unbelievable flavour. All other vids ive seen and followed give you a rebuilt coil but lack the crown quality. You wont be sorry with this one.

reply or pm for any questions!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess i forgot to mention, your going to need to back off the coil jig screw to let it guide the wire properly as shown in this pic.

This wire is very stiff so its not so delicate when stuffing it into the coil housing definitely a plus for anyone who knows how hard it is to get the coil into the housing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And all put together on a smoant battlestar and some homebrew vanilla caramel lucky strike tobacco juice

edit: i find the sweet spot is 40-50 watts at about 200 degrees celcius TCR

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
NowI like this.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk
Oh trust me, i spun 12 in a row this way and tested for resistance.

A coil burns, i clean it out, wash it really well, and then let it dry really well leaving the outer layer of cotton because that part is really hard to remake leakproof.

3 "new" packs of coils for about $3 worth of wire and cotton and about an hour of sweat shop style labor. Absolutely worth the money.

would it be horrible if i told you that i have 100 new coils in the box and ive been rebuilding the same 12 coils some on their 5th build? Or would it be worse to say i got a deal for 3 new crown tanks for $50US and 25 sets of replacement o-rings for $12US. This is my favourite tank. Im not playing games here bud. They dont make it anymore. So i invested to make it last until they invent some new crazy tank that absolutely crushes the crown both looks and performance.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Rose Gold and a Black one, love them....

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 4 all in stainless, tried nautilus, cleito, cloud beast, big baby beast, crown 3, idk alot of tanks and none of them compare. At all. And then go figure the coils are like disposable RTDAs

VU Sponsors