Become a Patron!

Uwell must be taking a well deserved beating

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks like Uwell is giving away the house because vapers have absolutely no faith or trust in their products anymore.

https://myuwell.com/collections/special/products/se-1-package

They deserve all the backlash they are getting for the shitty coils they produced. I do give them credit for kind of trying to make amends but for me its just a little to late. When I email your company 3x with no response because I bought dozens of shitty coils and you can't even give me the coutesy of a response I'm pretty much done supporting your shitty company. Your going to see every reviewer starting to push their stuff now because Uwell is flooding them with product to give away. The shame is they know they fucked up and they still refuse to admit it. Instead their answer is to sell their shit at a cheaper price. Either way this is a big loss for Uwell. Truth is there are way to many companies out there doing things right to warrant giving Uwell another shot. Good luck with that Uwell.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

s7m8a1978

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I personally can't speak for Uwell being I don't own any of their products. I seriously considered buying the Crown 2 but didn't based on reviews. Their tanks themselves have gotten excellent reviews but the coils bombed. I'm steering away from factory coils and getting my feet wet in the RTA pool. I do hope they get their coil issues corrected. I was sincerely interested in owning a tank from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I personally can't speak for Uwell being I don't own any of their products. I seriously considered buying the Crown 2 but didn't based on reviews. Their tanks themselves have gotten excellent reviews but the coils bombed. I'm steering away from factory coils and getting my feet wet in the RTA pool. I do hope they get their coil issues corrected. I was sincerely interested in owning a tank from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still have my original Crown. I use the Rba section a lot. I also have about 300 coils for it that seem to have come from a good batch. I sold my Crown II and Rafale because I could not find a decent coil anywhere for them.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still use the Crown I with the RBA deck, once you get the build/wicking combination down it's fairly easy and one damn fine Vape.

I do have the Crown II, don't use factory coils but use the RBA deck for it, I like it.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't have any trouble with them replacing V1 or V2 coils for my Crown II, they have always responded to my e-mails or I phone them.
I would like to see a pic of 300 coils!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I didn't have any trouble with them replacing V1 or V2 coils for my Crown II, they have always responded to my e-mails or I phone them.
I would like to see a pic of 300 coils!
fc7c99660b3cacb6ce48853cba5e5f03.jpg
90f45867d490f55b7df738f30d1f2153.jpg

At my girls house for the weekend as I am every weekend. Here's a pic of 132 of them. I keep them there because she runs 2 Crowns as well. The other 150 or so are at my house. Hope that satisfies you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Still use the Crown I with the RBA deck, once you get the build/wicking combination down it's fairly easy and one damn fine Vape.

I do have the Crown II, don't use factory coils but use the RBA deck for it, I like it.
That rba head on the original Crown is awesome. I got 2 more on the way from Fastech.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
fc7c99660b3cacb6ce48853cba5e5f03.jpg
90f45867d490f55b7df738f30d1f2153.jpg

At my girls house for the weekend as I am every weekend. Here's a pic of 132 of them. I keep them there because she runs 2 Crowns as well. The other 150 or so are at my house. Hope that satisfies you.

Looks like you like your Crown, I like mine.
I'm digging the Crown II, got 20 of the V4 .5 a couple of weeks ago, personally I think it beats the Crown, Uwell got it right with V4, also got 12 .25.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the Crown 1 and about 50 coils. I used the rebuildable head more than the factory coils.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks like you like your Crown, I like mine.
I'm digging the Crown II, got 20 of the V4 .5 a couple of weeks ago, personally I think it beats the Crown, Uwell got it right with V4, also got 12 .25.
I do, it's my favorite Sub Ohm tank. I picked up those coils at ecig.com when they had them for $8 with a 20% off sale. They're part of my vapocolyse collection. Unfortunately, my girl only Vapes on a Crown and she doesn't build at all. So I moved half the collection of coils by her because she kept hitting me up for coils. Lol. Since then I've gotten into RTA'S so I don't need as many as I thought I would.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do, it's my favorite Sub Ohm tank. I picked up those coils at ecig.com when they had them for $8 with a 20% off sale. They're part of my vapocolyse collection. Unfortunately, my girl only Vapes on a Crown and she doesn't build at all. So I moved half the collection of coils by her because she kept hitting me up for coils. Lol. Since then I've gotten into RTA'S so I don't need as many as I thought I would.

If the time comes, you won't have any trouble selling some off.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If the time comes, you won't have any trouble selling some off.
I know, especially at the price I paid but no matter what I always like having my Crown handy with an extra coil. Its become my go to out and about tank. If I'm out and I need to change a coil real quick it just makes life much easier.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mike Vapes just posted an SE-1 review. Said he's vaped the hell out of it, and it's holding up great. Not sure if the new coils can work on the Rafale or Crown 2. Uwell probably needs to retrofit good coils for their existing tanks too, including the og Crown. Never bought another Uwell tank, after having the Crown coil issues that we all know. Uwell seems to watch these posts, because they PM'd
me once, offering to assist. But they lost interest when they heard I had an og Crown--- it was the Crown 2 people they were trying to help. They also questioned whether I knew how to prime the coils, etc, and I explained that everyone knew about the issues. In other words, an apology, but no action. Endless emails about how to prime, break in, and vape correctly. I lost interest and let it drop, not enough time in the day. Maybe this was 6 months ago.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mike Vapes just posted an SE-1 review. Said he's vaped the hell out of it, and it's holding up great. Not sure if the new coils can work on the Rafale or Crown 2. Uwell probably needs to retrofit good coils for their existing tanks too, including the og Crown. Never bought another Uwell tank, after having the Crown coil issues that we all know. Uwell seems to watch these posts, because they PM'd
me once, offering to assist. But they lost interest when they heard I had an og Crown--- it was the Crown 2 people they were trying to help. They also questioned whether I knew how to prime the coils, etc, and I explained that everyone knew about the issues. In other words, an apology, but no action. Endless emails about how to prime, break in, and vape correctly. I lost interest and let it drop, not enough time in the day. Maybe this was 6 months ago.
Yes they can, the Rafale, Crown 2 and SE-1 the coils are interchangeable

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like Uwell is giving away the house because vapers have absolutely no faith or trust in their products anymore.

https://myuwell.com/collections/special/products/se-1-package

They deserve all the backlash they are getting for the shitty coils they produced. I do give them credit for kind of trying to make amends but for me its just a little to late. When I email your company 3x with no response because I bought dozens of shitty coils and you can't even give me the coutesy of a response I'm pretty much done supporting your shitty company. Your going to see every reviewer starting to push their stuff now because Uwell is flooding them with product to give away. The shame is they know they fucked up and they still refuse to admit it. Instead their answer is to sell their shit at a cheaper price. Either way this is a big loss for Uwell. Truth is there are way to many companies out there doing things right to warrant giving Uwell another shot. Good luck with that Uwell.

I agree 110%, Jack...I too loved their products till they fucked up the coils and let their customers sort the good from the bad....!

I'll never buy another uwell product.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The crown was my first high wattage subtank. I could never get a coil to last more than a week. When it did work it was marvelous but buying coils got expensive. I sold off all my crowns and turned my back on Uwell.

What I don't get is they make coils for other tanks but can't get their own right...

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Me too, but my whole point was I'm sick of companies like Uwell fucking their customers. They think they can make shoddy sub par coils and ignore everyone. Then the next time they want to pedal their shit they just drop the price and give a whole bunch of them to reviewers that push their shit and all is forgiven. That's total bullshit. They should have done the right thing as soon as they knew they fucked up. I think I've shown I used to be a big fan of Uwell products. Well, not anymore.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Me too, but my whole point was I'm sick of companies like Uwell fucking their customers. They think they can make shoddy sub par coils and ignore everyone. Then the next time they want to pedal their shit they just drop the price and give a whole bunch of them to reviewers that push their shit and all is forgiven. That's total bullshit. They should have done the right thing as soon as they knew they fucked up. I think I've shown I used to be a big fan of Uwell products. Well, not anymore.

I agree, which is why i tend to stay away from Sig and wismec now and I'm Leary on P4U.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Para's pickin on me :huh::popcorn::D
That's just too funny.
And your timing was perfect.
I was just recently thinking of mom.
Well, mine, not yours.
Not that there is anything wrong with yours.
Just I am a bit more partial to mine.
Besides, she was mine after all.
But I am sure yours is just as perfect.

Damn it, who gave me this shovel?

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have not been on the Forum for awhile, but now I know what's wrong with my Uwell coils,I have a heck of a time with my coils.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have both Crowns, CoilArt makes a great coil for the original Crown, hadn't found anything for the II so it went back in the box.
I've started using RBA's for the TFV8 & Cleito (original and 120)... with great success... why didn't I think about an RBA for the II?? Did it come with the Tank? hmmm, will have to go dig it out of the storage boxes and see.

Dao'ith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 2 of the Crown 1 tanks with a small stockpile of coils. Never had any issues with the tanks or coils.

I have 2 of the Crown 2 tanks and must have gotten lucky with the coils. Still using the coils that came with the tanks and it's been over a month on the coil with no issues. I did purchase Rafale coils having heard the issues with the Crown 2 coils and am using them in 1 of the tanks.

I have 2 of the D1 tanks and haven't had any issues with the tanks or coils.

I do understand peoples frustration with the Crown 2 coil issues, but Uwell did keep working to fix the issue. Unlike Sigelei who continues to sell the 213 even though it's been proven to max out at around 165w. Not only do they continue to sell the 213, they introduced the Fuchai 213 still boasting 213w and now the "Shiney 213" also boasting 213w. That in my mind is far worse than a company that had issues and continued to work until they fixed the issue.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is why I wrap my own coils. Its so damn easy ! I do not know why people still use these tanks! I would be so disappointed If a 20 dollar 5 pack of coils didn't work. Ask them to make you an RBA base Coil you use instead. :)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I understand how people feel. Comparing what Sig did to what Uwell did is the exact same thing. Like Sig Uwell was expected to produce a product that meets certain expectations. They did not. They did not correct it. They ignored their customers. Just like Sig did. The only good thing that came out of this debacle is I learned to make my own coils now.

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

no matter what me and the guys at the local vape shop tried building on the crown I rba we couldnt get it to hit above 20 watts without massive burnt hits...whats your secret? as far as bad coils i never got a bad one however i havnt used the crown in a while because ive gotten into 30mm drippers and high wattage 4s lipo builds

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
no matter what me and the guys at the local vape shop tried building on the crown I rba we couldnt get it to hit above 20 watts without massive burnt hits...whats your secret? as far as bad coils i never got a bad one however i havnt used the crown in a while because ive gotten into 30mm drippers and high wattage 4s lipo builds
I just use simple coils on the RBA head. 5 or 6 wraps of SS on a 2.5 or 3.0 bit. Cut the cotton to the edge of the deck. Rabbit ear the cotton. Slide the top on. Take a piece of leftover wire you cut the coil from and gently tuck the cotton in covering the juice holes. Then take the wire and run it along the inside of the juice hole creating just a touch of space between the juice holes and cotton. Put it all together and vape. I'm vaping Raspberry Custard right now ohming out at .3 at 500f and 66w in TC on my HT Slice. It's just wonderful.

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just use simple coils on the RBA head. 5 or 6 wraps of SS on a 2.5 or 3.0 bit. Cut the cotton to the edge of the deck. Rabbit ear the cotton. Slide the top on. Take a piece of leftover wire you cut the coil from and gently tuck the cotton in covering the juice holes. Then take the wire and run it along the inside of the juice hole creating just a touch of space between the juice holes and cotton. Put it all together and vape. I'm vaping Raspberry Custard right now ohming out at .3 at 500f and 66w in TC on my HT Slice. It's just wonderful.

i havnt tried stainless in it yet only kanthal maby thats why i cant get it to work idk all my other builds work and i dont build any different than you describe i even drilled out the juice ports still a no go. pm me ill mail it to you and you can see if you can get it to work lol

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Great description, would love to see some pics if you're so inclined

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wish I had the time bro. Single working Dad here of 2 boys. I got the method from YouTube. Search Crown RBA build.

Last edited:

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish I had the time bro. Single working Dad here of 2 boys. I got the method from YouTube. Search Crown RBA build.

all good figured id ask

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMO it is the best fucking tank period. Nuff said. I mean the Crown 2. The D! is not my cup of tea but fine as well. I think much better than TFV8 for either. My Kevlar jacket is on so let it fly. Just buy more coils, duh.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
IMO it is the best fucking tank period. Nuff said. I mean the Crown 2. The D! is not my cup of tea but fine as well. I think much better than TFV8 for either. My Kevlar jacket is on so let it fly. Just buy more coils, duh.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion no need for a jacket lol.

The tfv8 isn't for everyone. It's a massive vape machine kinds apples to oranges. The crown is more comparable to the clieto tfv4 baby beast and starre pure tanks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The TFV tanks are another one I hated and everyone loved. I had the TFV4 and at first it was great but then I started buying coils for it and they all had a machine oil taste for the the first half tank or so. After trying a bunch of different coils, I gave up and sold it.

Edit to add - the only subtank I've ever owned that had problem free coils was the herakles plus.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The TFV tanks are another one I hated and everyone loved. I had the TFV4 and at first it was great but then I started buying coils for it and they all had a machine oil taste for the the first half tank or so. After trying a bunch of different coils, I gave up and sold it.

Edit to add - the only subtank I've ever owned that had problem free coils was the herakles plus.
Agreed, hated the Tfv4. Couldn't stand the top fill design and being forced to use that stupid vape band.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You shop like I do lol stock pile it works great until you get a bad run on a product kinda reminds me of back in the day getting bad runs on Boge Cartomizers........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See, you can find plenty of people that do not like the TFV8. The crown II with Rafale NI200 coils, set right on DNA 200-250 will put out clouds close to it and not empty the juice in 2 seconds. Trust me, if my walls could speak they would be complaining about being soaked with juice! Fuckit I don't care if I destroy my home. I am elderly and I will either die in here or in a nursing home. It is not like I am ever going to sell it. Anyways back OT, The thing kicks ass. Agreed that is my opinion but you will find more that prefer the Crown II I gather from looking around. I am glad no one got pissed though. A strong opinion it is. I do feel their ss coils suck. Big reason I do not like the D1 among others. It seems every other time they take a step backwards like the Rafale. It's coils in the Crown II work wonderfully though. I think I pioneered this in another thread. They actually have much more airflow. The bullet holes direct airflow, not increase it. In fact they restrict it. All the while directing it at the coil. Sometimes I think the coil is gone but I vape through the burnt taste and it starts working again. These were the coils. They last me about 250ML. With this, if you are willing to pay you do not really have to build anymore. Unless you want to drip I guess. The only downside is this leaks like a motherfucker. Well, I usually am chain vaping and it leaks when smoking hot. If you keep it cool and sane it does not leak much. To me it is the best tank so far only with those coils and I own most of them.

I shop the same. I thought they would stop producing those coils so bought 100 tubes. Have to look around though the coils can go from $7 to $16. They will undoubtedly come out with a better tank but with my investment in coils I am staying put.

The only big problem is the top washer gets crushed. Does anyone know what size washer that is so I can get them at the hardware store? Otherwise after Two washers you have to buy a new tank.

avyrus666

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only big problem is the top washer gets crushed. Does anyone know what size washer that is so I can get them at the hardware store? Otherwise after Two washers you have to buy a new tank.

Have you taken the washer up to the hardware store to get it matched up? They should be more than happy to at least find one that fits.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That's pretty much all of them, Aspire, Sigelei, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2 of the Crown 1 tanks with a small stockpile of coils. Never had any issues with the tanks or coils.

I have 2 of the Crown 2 tanks and must have gotten lucky with the coils. Still using the coils that came with the tanks and it's been over a month on the coil with no issues. I did purchase Rafale coils having heard the issues with the Crown 2 coils and am using them in 1 of the tanks.

I have 2 of the D1 tanks and haven't had any issues with the tanks or coils.

I do understand peoples frustration with the Crown 2 coil issues, but Uwell did keep working to fix the issue. Unlike Sigelei who continues to sell the 213 even though it's been proven to max out at around 165w. Not only do they continue to sell the 213, they introduced the Fuchai 213 still boasting 213w and now the "Shiney 213" also boasting 213w. That in my mind is far worse than a company that had issues and continued to work until they fixed the issue.
Don't forget that Sigelei also threatened to sue Reviewers like Daniel who pointed this out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors