Become a Patron!

Uwell must be taking a well deserved beating

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bottom line is that Uwell fucked up. They are attempting to make up for it which is way more than what others have done.

Sigelei nope, hell they continue to fuck their customers and have threatened to sue those who point out their bullshit. Aspire, Wismec or any other Joytech company continues to release shit with major quality issues.

Now don't get me started on eFest, MXJO and other malicious companies like them.

IMO if you want to make an example of a company there are much better targets.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Bottom line is that Uwell fucked up. They are attempting to make up for it which is way more than what others have done.

Sigelei nope, hell they continue to fuck their customers and have threatened to sue those who point out their bullshit. Aspire, Wismec or any other Joytech company continues to release shit with major quality issues.

Now don't get me started on eFest, MXJO and other malicious companies like them.

IMO if you want to make an example of a company there are much better targets.

That's the whole point. Examples should be made of all these companies that engage in these types of practices. I have not had a lot of bad experiences with vape gear but Uwell has been one of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's like having a beautiful car and you pop the hood and see a hamster on a treadmill where the engine should be. Who gives a fuck how nice the tank is if the coils are shit?
It's ok, I fed the hamster and greased the bearings in the treadmill.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's like having a beautiful car and you pop the hood and see a hamster on a treadmill where the engine should be. Who gives a fuck how nice the tank is if the coils are shit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Eeeeeeeexactly

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@r055co - I was not referring to you as "the shill".

Just realized how that may have been interpreted.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@r055co - I was not referring to you as "the shill".

Just realized how that may have been interpreted.
No worries, knew that I wasn't the Shill. I just wanted to put things into perspective.

But for the record I still believe Uwell to be one of the best manufacturers. Much better than Aspire, Wismec, etc and certainly light years better than Sigelei.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
No worries, knew that I wasn't the Shill. I just wanted to put things into perspective.

But for the record I still believe Uwell to be one of the best manufacturers. Much better than Aspire, Wismec, etc and certainly light years better than Sigelei.

Aspire wismec and sig are pretty low bars lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aspire wismec and sig are pretty low bars lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Just got my mini, I'm really, really digging it. Flavor is stellar and build quality is superb.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not remember if I mentioned this. Found out these tanks work much better with a silicone o-ring in the top large enough o fit under the recess or "lip" in the cap than the flat fender washer which sucks IMO. A perfect one is from the base of the Crown I. Go figure. No more busted fender washer, hard to fit top or leaking. You would think they could get that right. Maybe not Hamsters but Monkeys at Uwell! After that it just got better. Still the best tank IMO. I use the .1 NI200 coils and it is great. They are actually about .07 so depends on your Mod. Just got a supposedly superior tank. You can read my thoughts on that in the GeekVape thread. Spoiler: I thought it sucked.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Motherfucker! It looks like they have discontinued the Rafale coils. The coils that worked and lasted forever. Figures. I have no idea what tank to even get now. Just wasted $30 on that POS GeekVape. Anyone have any ideas for a killer tank? I do not like the TFV8. I vastly prefer NI200 and it seems every company is getting away from it. Some say health concerns but that is unfounded yet. I need a good tank that blows clouds and has flavor out the ass. Someone please recommend something! This is complete bullshit they discontinued their best coils. I know why because that tank sucked and did not sell. The coils in the Crown II were the shit. Game over.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Motherfucker! It looks like they have discontinued the Rafale coils. The coils that worked and lasted forever. Figures. I have no idea what tank to even get now. Just wasted $30 on that POS GeekVape. Anyone have any ideas for a killer tank? I do not like the TFV8. I vastly prefer NI200 and it seems every company is getting away from it. Some say health concerns but that is unfounded yet. I need a good tank that blows clouds and has flavor out the ass. Someone please recommend something! This is complete bullshit they discontinued their best coils. I know why because that tank sucked and did not sell. The coils in the Crown II were the shit. Game over.
They use the same coils as the Crown II, so no they haven't discontinued them ;)

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I mean apparently they have discontinued the Rafale coils. There is no NI200 Crown 2 coil AFAIK. I guess I could go back to a crown I but the NI200 coil is not nearly as good as the Rafale. Places are closing out the coils for $2.25 but hardly any of the NI200 left. I was thinking of maybe the Herakles plus? The Eagle is a great idea but I think it needs to mature over a few more versions. Plus they do not offer Ni200 either. Anyways If I wanted to mess with rebuilding I would just do so. Clearo's have gotten to the point that they are very similar to the RBA experience. Or I could even revisit Kanger. This was short lived bliss. Of course I could continue with the Crown II if I wish to use SS. AS I said the Rafale did not sell well so I imagine that is why they canned it. The interesting thing is there are more Rafale tanks to be had then coils. I figure people figured out what I did That coil in the Crown II beats most RBA's IMO. What a damn shame. End of party.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyone has moved away from NI200. There are serious health concerns from dummies running it too hot. If you keep it cool enough it should be fine but that is not proven either. Obviously SS is the safest metal material. Shit, it is used in surgery but people that had TI implants got sick sometimes. So SS it is. My problem is I am used to NI200 and the exact reverse of what SS neds. If I run the SS at high wattage and temp it is Equal to the taste and production of NI200. Just takes more oomph. I would run this at 520+F and 90 to 150W on these dual coils. Plus the lower one is.25 so that is not nearly the voltage the NI200 is seeing at .1 at 75W and 460f. Solved I guess. This is still the best tank right now. I seriously thought the Eagle would be better but right now if you want an RBA get an RBA. If you want an RTA/Subtank get that. As I said hopefully that will mature in a few cycles. I do not want to pat $10 to throw awat two coils though. So no replacement for a real RBA. Crown II is still king right now. They made up and produced good coils finally. However I would do as I said and replace the fender washer in the cap with a properly sized silicone o-ring. After that it is just fine.

I was just wondering, are the yellow o-ring the latest coils? Also, ro55 is the mini better quality than the full size? Thanks

Edit: Hold the train! What about this d!? Nicerr than the Crown II? I do dig Uwell the best for Clearo's. I don't think they make RBA's so....... Anyways I am in bad shape. Not a joke. So I really cannot build them. I am glad these things have gotten so good then. What about this D1 though Lol?

Edit2: Not sure I like the double glass on the D!. Heard it holds like 2.5ML. The latest Crown II coils have a Yellow band on the top and black on the bottom AFAIK. They are good if you use them properly. As I mentioned they require more power and heat than the soft NI200. I think this is probably still the best tank right now. This is good to know now that they ran out of the NI200 coils. That's that.

Last edited:
Still use the Crown I with the RBA deck, once you get the build/wicking combination down it's fairly easy and one damn fine Vape.

I do have the Crown II, don't use factory coils but use the RBA deck for it, I like it.
How do you build and wick your rba? I gave up on mine but you've interested me again

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you build and wick your rba? I gave up on mine but you've interested me again

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
For the Crown I the sweet spot for me is a coil around a 2mm di. Now for wicking -
  • Run the Cotton through the coil
  • Fluff out the leads
  • Cut at about a 45 degree angle from the base out
  • Pull the leads up
  • Put on the cap, takes a bit of time, you'll get it it
  • Caps on place the cotton and fluff a bit, don't pack it down, insure it's still fluffy
  • Once cotton has been placed then I will juice it
  • Test fire then put tank back on, fill and vape
It will take a bit of practice but after a couple of times you'll get it. I don't have any problems with leaking or dry hits. 2mm di seems to be the sweet spot with good air flow, wicking and what not.

Looks like Uwell is giving away the house because vapers have absolutely no faith or trust in their products anymore.

https://myuwell.com/collections/special/products/se-1-package

They deserve all the backlash they are getting for the shitty coils they produced. I do give them credit for kind of trying to make amends but for me its just a little to late. When I email your company 3x with no response because I bought dozens of shitty coils and you can't even give me the coutesy of a response I'm pretty much done supporting your shitty company. Your going to see every reviewer starting to push their stuff now because Uwell is flooding them with product to give away. The shame is they know they fucked up and they still refuse to admit it. Instead their answer is to sell their shit at a cheaper price. Either way this is a big loss for Uwell. Truth is there are way to many companies out there doing things right to warrant giving Uwell another shot. Good luck with that Uwell.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Wish I had seen this before I bought my Crown 2 - liked my first crown, but had issues with it getting stuck (unable to take apart to fill tank - the whole thing just comes apart). Still, I was happy with the flavor, etc. So, bought a crown 2 b/c I saw that they had fixed this issue by making the tank lockable. I emailed uwell about the awful taste with the coils - watched a vid on youtube on how to fix it...looks easy enough, but ridiculous to have to "fix" the coils after I bought them from the company! Glad to have a heads up that I should NOT expect a response regarding the email I sent them!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crown I is my best tank and I have most f the current ones. I originally thought an o ring was better in the cap. not. I ended up getting a Fender washer that was slightly too lare. Over a few weeks it molded into shape far superior to the stock one. The cap fits tight though. Now this tank does not leak at all. New coils are lasting 10+ weeks. To be this is an outstanding bargain. With the washer fitted I find no faults with this tank. I know many others had issues. Ymmv. As far as an Email, typical of almost any Chinese company. Nothing new there.

Jates12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a crown II at the moment and the standard coils that came in it are pretty decent, After 2 weeks the first one went and im just on the second one now. The only issues I have is chain vaping it makes it leak something awful. Ive watched countless vids to rectify but none of it works. After reading this though i doubt im going to buy any further coils for it and just get an RTA and be done with dodgy stock coils (I had some awful TVF4 ones that i got with my SMOK Micro one Kit) Im struggling to see why people dont just rebuild anyways, if you can make coils that suit you and give you what you need for much cheaper than buying stock, why wouldnt you save a penny and have a good consistent vape?

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If the time comes, you won't have any trouble selling some off.

If you know the coils are bad, why would you sell them to someone else?

I had the first sets of Crown 2 coils that were bad, and Uwell replaced them for me with no problems, answered emails fine. They seem to be very inconsistent with their customer service, which is a shame cause I love their stuff. Did you contact ecig.c o m about them to see if they can do something? Uwell will NOT ignore them, they buy a lot of their product.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
541947ca4ac17f4a1a82295cf833ea44.jpg
9a81111a668d6498343cd068313316c1.jpg
4a594fd36d83b6c97e7803b2f9cef21d.jpg
9ddef29b4ef59f3c9d69d40e17eeb112.jpg

Crown III Expected in April. Being marketed as 'Just Right. ' I'll let you guys come up with an better slogan as I thankfully never bought a crown.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
541947ca4ac17f4a1a82295cf833ea44.jpg
9a81111a668d6498343cd068313316c1.jpg
4a594fd36d83b6c97e7803b2f9cef21d.jpg
9ddef29b4ef59f3c9d69d40e17eeb112.jpg

Crown III Expected in April. Being marketed as 'Just Right. ' I'll let you guys come up with an better slogan as I thankfully never bought a crown.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.
Crown I is a classic and still to this day holds its own, hell I still have it in my regular rotation.

Crown II isn't bad, they had problems with the first production runs but have since corrected it.

Yes they got a lot of heat for it. Sigelei once were good, now they are shit. They false advertise, continue to do so and threaten those who call them out on it.

Me, I'll buy the Crown III once they have an RBA deck for it, they make quality gear, unlike Sigelei.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your going to see every reviewer starting to push their stuff now because Uwell is flooding them with product to give away.

And that's exactly what happened with their debut product, the UWell Crown tank. They flooded Youtube and blog reviewers with free tanks and these reviewers overhyped it. It was hard to find someone who did NOT want a Uwell Crown tank.

I got one much later, on clearance sale, and I couldn't find a single reason why it was worth full price. Just another clearomizer. Nothing bad about it, but nothing worth writing home about.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think all the hype surrounding the Crown V1 was because at the time the best tanks around were the Aspire Atlantis and Horizontech Arctic. Crown had the first production SS disposable coils on the market back then and it was a big leap forward. I still have 2 Crown V1's in rotation, 1 SE1, and a Crown 2. I personally enjoy all of them and the coils are reasonably priced and readily available. I am looking forward to the reviews of the Crown 3 and hopefully it will be a solid performer at a good price point.

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And that's exactly what happened with their debut product, the UWell Crown tank. They flooded Youtube and blog reviewers with free tanks and these reviewers overhyped it. It was hard to find someone who did NOT want a Uwell Crown tank.

I got one much later, on clearance sale, and I couldn't find a single reason why it was worth full price. Just another clearomizer. Nothing bad about it, but nothing worth writing home about.
Except the Crown I is one of the very few devices to actually live up to the hype, outstanding flavor, excellent build quality and a damn good tank. At the time they were released they were also priced within the going rate for sub-ohm Tanks.

I have a hell of a lot of tanks (seriously lost count around 40 or so) and the original Uwell Crown is still in my regular rotation. As for the current price, the demand for them is still there which goes to show the quality of them.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's all subjective. I find the UWell crown I to be mediocre at best. But I got mine for $8.99 from a local vape shop that was going out of business due to our state govt performing a mafia-like shakedown on vape shops, so I'm not gonna complain...lol.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When the OG Crown came out it was the best Sub Ohm tank on the market, IMHO. They fucked up with their coils and the way they treated their customers. So much so that I will not spend my money on any Uwell products anymore. Really a shame too because when you do get a good coil the OG Crown still gives a fantastic vape even by today's standards.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavour.

-William Cowper

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When the OG Crown came out it was the best Sub Ohm tank on the market, IMHO. They fucked up with their coils and the way they treated their customers. So much so that I will not spend my money on any Uwell products anymore. Really a shame too because when you do get a good coil the OG Crown still gives a fantastic vape even by today's standards.

-William Cowper
You buy any Segeli or Joytech products?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You buy any Segeli or Joytech products?
Last mod I bought from Sig was the Sig 75 TC. Had 3 213's preordered but when Daniels video came out I cancelled 2. My girl still wanted one and till this day loves it in power mode. Never really been a Joytech fan but again my girl loves her Cuboid. If they did come out with something I liked I would buy it because I have yet to have a bad personal firsthand experience with those companies. Uwell on the other hand after months of ignored emails basically told me tough shit. So Uwell can go fuck off as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure they won't miss me and there are plenty of other vapers that will buy their tanks and janky coils but I won't be one of them.

-William Cowper

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last mod I bought from Sig was the Sig 75 TC. Had 3 213's preordered but when Daniels video came out I cancelled 2. My girl still wanted one and till this day loves it in power mode. Never really been a Joytech fan but again my girl loves her Cuboid. If they did come out with something I liked I would buy it because I have yet to have a bad personal firsthand experience with those companies. Uwell on the other hand after months of ignored emails basically told me tough shit. So Uwell can go fuck off as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure they won't miss me and there are plenty of other vapers that will buy their tanks and janky coils but I won't be one of them.

-William Cowper
JoyTech, Aspire, and most all Chinese Manufacturers standard business practice is to ignore their customers complaints (with very few exceptions). The 510 pin issue is well known with Joytech and they do nothing about it. That and their wiring totally sucks, again they ignore and do nothing about it. Sigeli goes a step further than just ignoring they threaten legal action against those who point out their false advertising (the 213) and shitty Temp Control.

So a couple bad runs with the first Crown II's coils I'm not going to bash the entire company since they have corrected it.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
JoyTech, Aspire, and most all Chinese Manufacturers standard business practice is to ignore their customers complaints (with very few exceptions). The 510 pin issue is well known with Joytech and they do nothing about it. That and their wiring totally sucks, again they ignore and do nothing about it. Sigeli goes a step further than just ignoring they threaten legal action against those who point out their false advertising (the 213) and shitty Temp Control.

So a couple bad runs with the first Crown II's coils I'm not going to bash the entire company since they have corrected it.
Totally understand, it's a personal choice when it comes to who we as vapers decide to give our hard earned money to. This is my choice. I know all about the whole Joytech Wismec 510 issue. It's not just China with shitty customer service. Evolv just fixed the same VT133 for the fourth time for me. Now all it does is blink. So people that talk about Evolvs customer sevice being so great are full of shit as well. I just try to do my research before I take the plunge on a mod. Being not made in China is not a magic bullet for great customer service. A great example would be Vape Forward. Their mods are made in China but serviced here. Their customer service is second to none. Same goes for Vaporshark.

Every company is entitled to a mistake here and there but a mistake only stays a mistake if you refuse to correct it. That's exactly what Uwell did.

-William Cowper

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Totally understand, it's a personal choice when it comes to who we as vapers decide to give our hard earned money to. This is my choice. I know all about the whole Joytech Wismec 510 issue. It's not just China with shitty customer service. Evolv just fixed the same VT133 for the fourth time for me. Now all it does is blink. So people that talk about Evolvs customer sevice being so great are full of shit as well. I just try to do my research before I take the plunge on a mod. Being not made in China is not a magic bullet for great customer service. A great example would be Vape Forward. Their mods are made in China but serviced here. Their customer service is second to none. Same goes for Vaporshark.

Every company is entitled to a mistake here and there but a mistake only stays a mistake if you refuse to correct it. That's exactly what Uwell did.

emoji111.png

-William Cowper
Yep, sad how the average shopper now days focus on "cheap" and not "quality". Yep, you get crap quality and service outside of China also and there are a few exceptions of good quality coming out of China. I've had good luck from Augvape, Desire and a few other Vape company's but they are the exception.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here is how long it took Evolv to turn around my VT133 and it's still not fixed. Oh yeah it's the fourth time they've had it without fixing it correctly for the same exact problem. So when people tell me Evolv is an American company with great customer service I call TOTAL BULLSHIT.

8b59475334e4e10cd1a3a96d405ffc3c.jpg

-William Cowper

Chinamatic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't hate on the crown. The nightmares I had dealing with their shit coils single handedly got me off the scam that is pre-made coils and onto rdas. Haven't looked back since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been really enjoying the new Crown 3 this tank rocks I am really impressed the Flavor is out of this world good. Thank you UWELL for such a fine product.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't hate on the crown. The nightmares I had dealing with their shit coils single handedly got me off the scam that is pre-made coils and onto rdas. Haven't looked back since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That it awesome Chinamatic it is truly customized for each Vapor, I am opposite I would rather get the Premade coil because I love the convenience , but just in case I have to make coils I have my bases covered. I have been buying Premade coils also in Case My Hands give me trouble. I have bought Crown tanks since they Started and have all the models and even have with some helpful post my Crown II behaving lol. I hear they do not plan to offer the Rebuild Head for the Crown 3 that's kinda a bummer who knows they might change their minds So far on the coil it has been doing great the taste is so pure......

Chinamatic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That it awesome Chinamatic it is truly customized for each Vapor, I am opposite I would rather get the Premade coil because I love the convenience , but just in case I have to make coils I have my bases covered. I have been buying Premade coils also in Case My Hands give me trouble. I have bought Crown tanks since they Started and have all the models and even have with some helpful post my Crown II behaving lol. I hear they do not plan to offer the Rebuild Head for the Crown 3 that's kinda a bummer who knows they might change their minds So far on the coil it has been doing great the taste is so pure......

If it keeps you off cigs, then it's working

TDC123

Member For 4 Years
I agree, which is why i tend to stay away from Sig and wismec now and I'm Leary on P4U.

Like a lot of others my original Crowns with the RBA deck are great tanks, I just have better tanks. I'm trying to stay on the thread topic but you are wise to be leary of P4U. I've been a loyal fan of their products. I still have D2's, IPV 4s and 5s that are in the mod boneyard simply because I've upgraded. They all saw hard use and held up well. Then they start dropping firmware upgrades for various models and this IPV6X is a total disaster. I'm sure you all know all the issues with them. If the mod worked I would love it. I bought two. I sent them back for warranty because the TC didn't work at all. I had FW version 1.3. KMG sent me two brand new models with FW version 1.5. It totally sucks at TC on even simple round wire spaced SS coils. I'm done with them.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a lot of good products from a lot of companies. How do I know a good product from a bad product? Easy:

1/ The good product only requires generic metallic wire and a cotton of some sort to work - not proprietary consumables
2/ The good product doesn't crap out and get put out of commission after 1 year of heavy usage (stripped threads, nonstandard O-rings that can't be had anywhere else but from the company that makes the product... that sort of thing.)

Provided the product fulfills the above two criteria, I buy from anybody - yes, even Wismec and Uwell.

VU Sponsors