Become a Patron!

Uwell Valyrian leaks like the White House

Moab Bomb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My lady and I each have Valyrians. Mine is great-I am blowing the largest clouds ever from a tank, and am having zero issues. Hers, though... Holy hell does it leak. Initially I replaced the coil, and when that proved ineffective I replaced all the seals. No dice, mac. After a few seconds of vaping, hot juice just gooshes out the airflow holes. Urk. I can't see anything wrong-the old and new seals look fine, I see no obvious metal burrs left over from the manufacturing process, et cetera.

Ideas?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, not familiar with that atty, I'm sure someone here may help you get it figured out.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My lady and I each have Valyrians. Mine is great-I am blowing the largest clouds ever from a tank, and am having zero issues. Hers, though... Holy hell does it leak. Initially I replaced the coil, and when that proved ineffective I replaced all the seals. No dice, mac. After a few seconds of vaping, hot juice just gooshes out the airflow holes. Urk. I can't see anything wrong-the old and new seals look fine, I see no obvious metal burrs left over from the manufacturing process, et cetera.

Ideas?

It's factory head only, right? No RBA deck?
Is it top-fill? A mis-seated gasket up there might allow enough "vacuum" loss, though that alone... I don't know.

Otherwise...

First guess... hers actually is missing an o-ring. Probably some damn minuscule translucent one from inside the chimney or just below the coil. Bad news... you'll probably have to completely and carefully take yours apart as well and compare until you find the culprit.

Second guess, and the one you should do first... very carefully look at the two together, from the side, to see if there's a gap in hers between the major sections. Usually between the base/airflow section, and the deck/coil section. Even so... it may not be visibly obvious.

There are a couple of major brand RTAs that spew on some until you use a hammer (careful!) and something like a socket to protect the 510... and tap that bitch back in place. It's probably just a mis-adjustment in the final assembly line... oops. :rolleyes:

Really... with a mass production factory head only tank... there aren't a lot of possibilities.
(Something I installed the wick in, on the other hand. :p )

Moab Bomb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's factory head only, right? No RBA deck?
Is it top-fill? A mis-seated gasket up there might allow enough "vacuum" loss, though that alone... I don't know.

Otherwise...

First guess... hers actually is missing an o-ring. Probably some damn minuscule translucent one from inside the chimney or just below the coil. Bad news... you'll probably have to completely and carefully take yours apart as well and compare until you find the culprit.

Second guess, and the one you should do first... very carefully look at the two together, from the side, to see if there's a gap in hers between the major sections. Usually between the base/airflow section, and the deck/coil section. Even so... it may not be visibly obvious.

There are a couple of major brand RTAs that spew on some until you use a hammer (careful!) and something like a socket to protect the 510... and tap that bitch back in place. It's probably just a mis-adjustment in the final assembly line... oops. :rolleyes:

Really... with a mass production factory head only tank... there aren't a lot of possibilities.
(Something I installed the wick in, on the other hand. :p )

Good ideas! I'll check it out later today and report back.
Oh, and they are factory coils. No rba deck available for these yet.

Moab Bomb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
All seals look ok, and the same on both tanks. No gaps as you instructed to look for. So, I did an experiment: I swapped the top and bottom halves (ie, her blue top and my ss bottom, and ss top and blue bottom). Same results, with hers leaking and mine not. Ok, so then I tried holding the fire button down without drawing, and both leaked like a sieve (you can actually hear the coil's hissing change tone as the juice fills up the coil). If you do not draw, the Valyrians start leaking very hot juice from the airholes in 3-5 seconds. Repeating this with a Big Baby Beast, after 10 seconds, the hissing sound barely changes and MAYBE one small drop comes out. Then I watched her draw, and she doesn't blow big clouds with any tank at all.

Here is what I am currently thinking: the coils wick so much juice, you have to really draw hard to keep the vapor (and hence, the juice) flowing. I now think that the Valyrian and its juice-guzzling nature is simply too much tank for her. I have been using her blue tank for 30 minutes now without issue.

So, I think I can chalk this one up to user-well, not error, anyway. User misuse? User weak mouth-hit only? I am going to give her tank a right proper sucking (that didn't sound quite right...) and see how it does over a few days. She loves her Big Baby Beast, anyway.

Uwell Valyrian: Not for the timid.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Cobra coil needs a bit of breaking in. She might be on her second tank before it gets true to flavor.

Moab Bomb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah Letitia, I read some reviews of the Cobra tank that said the same thing re: coil break-in. She will give it a go.

She asked me to note that she isn't taking longer drags as she has had bronchitis since just before she got the tank so she has been taking big baby breaths. When it clears up she wants to try the Valyrian again. I feel bad that she can't properly use it, but also bad because the blue tank looks bomb and I fancy it more than my ss tank.

Oh, and it still hasn't leaked for me.

Pull all the orings and lube them with e juice. Then tighten everything snug not too tight. You dont want to crush the oring. I havent had 1 leak. A wet seal expands more than a dry one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Moab Bomb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pull all the orings and lube them with e juice. Then tighten everything snug not too tight. You dont want to crush the oring. I havent had 1 leak. A wet seal expands more than a dry one.

I have been using both tanks since my followup post, so nearly a month now. Vaping around 15-20 ml a day. No leaks-it appears she doesn't take large enough puffs. I believe the Valyrian just draws so much juice that if you don't pull it into your lungs while firing, it floods out. Try just holding the fire button and not inhaling, see if it leaks.

So now, she is content using her Big Baby Beast, and I have a second Valyrian. Bonus for me!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What ratio of juice is she using? I own 2 Uwell Valyrian's and the only time one has ever leaked is when I used a 60/40 VG/PG eliquid. Thinner juice in sub-ohm tanks tend to do this. Also, if she lets it sit for too long, as many sub-ohm tanks do, they will leak. Otherwise it could be an O-ring, as the other person was referring to, or the coil went bad. I'm using a 60/40 juice now but adding VG to make it a bit more thick. Doesn't leak now. Also the coil may have flooded. Best of luck to you!

Had the same problem. After taking the tank apart numerous times and replacing coils, turns out that the top fill gasket wasn't seated correctly. It had spun while cleaning and just needed to be re-seated. Hasn't leaked a drop since!

VU Sponsors