Become a Patron!

Uwell Valyrian Tank Sapphire Blue changes color to a violetish purple??

theroncr

Member For 2 Years
***I did use voice to text and apologize if anything doesn't sound right but from what I've seen there are some pretty smart people on here and pretty sure you guys will be able to figure it out.. sorry!!***

I realize it may look like a lot of questions, as the post is extremely long, however I only have one issue with two uwell Valyrian tanks. One is sapphire blue the other is Project sub ohm black with blue trim. For whatever reason I have to polish it with a tissue paper or something very similar every time I touch the tank where it's blue otherwise it turns to a purplish bluish looking color. And no not an iridescent looking color.

The one I bought locally was a sapphire blue valerian which came with all the goodies and extra drip tip glass all accessories the extra drip tip color was orange along with the O-rings Etc...

The second one I bought which was online from eightvape com was a project sub ohm uwell Valyrian which is black with blue accents it has blue around the air flow control and a few parts on the top and comes with a black project sub ohm drip tip in a metal finish as well as a sapphire blue in a metal finish....

The problem I have had since day one on both tanks is that the color when touched with oily hands or something causes it to become a purple bluish color rather than the bright sapphire blue polished look.

I have asked every vape store that I can find that sells them that doesn't sell them and nobody can seem to tell me why it does that so I searched the interwebs and have not found the answer 3 months later....
I would just give up and get a different tank but it has the best flavor I've ever had from a tank experience I normally do not Vape at such high wattages and that's probably going to be what a lot of people think is causing it but I can take it straight from cleaning it out and drying it off and then touch it with my finger and it will turn purple!!
They both passed the authenticity check I did get the project sub ohm Desire X Mod therefore I wanted and would like to figure out if there's a way to either polish the blue to keep it nice or if there's a way to stop it from changing all together?

Yes I am new to posting on the Forum however I have followed off and on for a few years now and do apologize for the very long drawn-out explanation but I figured I'd give everything that I can think of now so that I can get the best answers first and respond accordingly.

I'm going to try to attach some pictures right now although as this is one of my first posts I don't know if it'll let me if it does perfect!

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RobN1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do they go back to blue when you wipe them clean? I think its just that anodised look finish. If you look at it in low light, you might find it is just blue even when it looks purplish in brighter light. Yeah, I have the blue one, does the same, not too bad tho. Looks blue again once its wiped. I don't know what you can do to stop it altogether.

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is not uncommon for anodized finishes, especially something with a polished finish like the Valyrian. What happens is, when skin oil or other oily substances (ejuice) get on the finish in a thin enough layer, it creates a prism effect causing the finish to change appearance/color. The oil simply changes what light waves are reflected off of the finished surface. In this case the oil filters the reflected blue light down to purple. Unfortunately there is nothing that you can do to prevent it other than not touching the finished surface or regular removal of the offending oily substance. It's simply the nature of a polished anodized finish and is the reason that many manufacturers when anodizing stainless (and most other metals) will choose a brushed finish rather than polished. With that said, polished ano does look really good when clean. :)

theroncr

Member For 2 Years
Yeah I kind of assumed it was something along those lines. Sorry for the late reply. But yes when I clean it it does get better and seem to go back to its nice bluish color however the second I touch it with my finger it instantly has that purple effect and is definitely more so in certain light conditions as well as whether or not I have Vape juice on my hand's Etc... My only problem with it is that any other anodized finish tank I've had which are all Smok..... The color has never changed. It only seems to be with the uwell and the Valerian in blue along with my Valerian project sub ohm where it's black with blue accents and came with a blue drip tip where I constantly have to use a polishing rag or screen cleaner type soft material to wipe it so that it stays Blue otherwise if you look on the inside where I can't wipe it it has gone to purple and doesn't look like it will ever come back to being any sort of blue color again:) however I do appreciate somebody having kind of the same issues and realizing that I'm not crazy because everybody that I've shown it to at my local vape shops I'll show them both of my tanks and they'll tell me that they have no idea and that they must be fake the funniest part was that I bought one of them from that store that said it would be fake and I've done the authenticity check on both they're not fake and they give the best flavor I have ever had so I'm having a really hard time trying to go to anything different I tried to go back to the Smok tank and it's horrid tasting! I did however just receive my first RTA the Vandy Vape Kensei which is also in a anodized blue finish.... just not the same kind of blue that uwell has. So if all of the reviewers are right I should be able to get it to taste just as good as my Valyrian if not better so if anybody has any experience with the Kensei RTA by Vandy Vape. I'm using pre-built fused Clapton coils that go from .02 - .22. If anyone has a good link to a video or just a good forum describing the best setup for the Vandy Vape Kensei RTA for flavor and decent cloud I'd be all open to the idea... I am using the Desire X Mod which is actually project sub ohm as well and can be found on vapordna.com even though I've never seen one for sale they do list them and they were the ones that created these I was just fortunate enough to pick one up at one of my local shops about 3 months ago and in my opinion it's definitely the best mod that I've had so far and with any valerian tank has the best clouds and flavor I've experienced even though I have the project sub ohm tank to go with it that's really just for Aesthetics there's nothing special about the tank itself other than the fact that it's a metal drip tip and has the project sub ohm logos again I'll try to post these pictures but I wasn't able to last time. Thanks again guys and gals! Much appreciated!

"Who Dares Wins" - Her Majesty's SAS
60ebeffc3d35c16623e9c1a11847dd50.jpg
0e56be2073fd343c01957c412b6dac45.jpg
a4e4cc006ff65262b9f18aa454992f45.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think the alternation of the color is actually quite attractive, almost like cobalt glass -- is it blue? is it purple? YES! :D

Andria

VU Sponsors