Become a Patron!

V12 Prince T10 Coils

I recently bought my Smok T-Priv 3 kit, it came with everything and the coils worked fine. My coils burnt out in about two weeks so i went to my local vape store and bought a T10 coil, and when i got in my car and tried to screw it on, it wouldn’t thread. I could get it on for the most part but if i tried to put the tank and top on it would pop off. I looked at the coil and it only had two threads on it instead of 3. I went back in and all of the coils in that pack only had two threads. My question is have any of you experienced this, if so is it common?

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No first hand experience with that particular tank, but counterfeit coils for other tanks have been an issue for others in the past.

If it were just 1, I might think bad Smok QC, but if it's every one in the store they may have ordered in a shipment of fakes.

No first hand experience with that particular tank, but counterfeit coils for other tanks have been an issue for others in the past.

If it were just 1, I might think bad Smok QC, but if it's every one in the store they may have ordered in a shipment of fakes.

It wasn’t every one in the store, just a three pack which is why i found it odd because if they bought all of them from one distributor and they were counterfit then i’d assume all of their coils would be messed up.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Like @Droogbc said, counterfeit sub-ohm tank coils have been around for a long time. I can see how people buying on eBay might end up with them, but not your local vape shop. You should bring your tank into the shop and show them what's happening. If this is the first time you've replaced a coil in that tank, it's possible you're overlooking something and there's a simple solution

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It wasn’t every one in the store, just a three pack which is why i found it odd because if they bought all of them from one distributor and they were counterfit then i’d assume all of their coils would be messed up.
Oh, yeah, that is odd then. I don't know anything about their manufacturing process, but I guess if it's a sequential type of assembly line process and a machine went a little out of whack it could probably happen. Your guess is as good as mine though at this point.

Like @Droogbc said, counterfeit sub-ohm tank coils have been around for a long time. I can see how people buying on eBay might end up with them, but not your local vape shop. You should bring your tank into the shop and show them what's happening. If this is the first time you've replaced a coil in that tank, it's possible you're overlooking something and there's a simple solution

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I took my tank into the shop and showed them, he tried putting the coil on and had the same problem as me. I did quite a bit of research before buying it and i knew something wasn’t right and when the guy behind the counter was scratching his head like me it was a bit of a relief as i didn’t just make a simple mistake.

VU Sponsors