Become a Patron!

V8 Big Baby BRAND NEW but won’t fire!?

Hey guys!

Joined the forum JUST so i can ask (read: beg, plead) for help with my smok v8 big baby. I got it brand new today (online) and I charged it fully, let the coil prime, all that, but when I try and smoke it won’t fire and the light blinks 4 times!?

I’m a total beginner so PLEASE give answers that are easy to understand on what the problem might be! I’ve tried pushing down the centre bit, I’ve changed the coil, I’ve tried fiddling with the wire in the coil, and nothing is working.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
4 blinks means it isnt seeing the atomizer or is reading a short. Can you verify the coil is seated correctly and have you tried a different coil. Smok is not known for their quality control. You may very well have a bad coil.

4 blinks means it isnt seeing the atomizer or is reading a short. Can you verify the coil is seated correctly and have you tried a different coil. Smok is not known for their quality control. You may very well have a bad coil.
I tried changing the coil and no change... people mention something about the wires needing fiddling with but I’ve no clue what that even means...

I had the issue with the pre-installed coil and I’d also ordered a new pack, no change with a coil from the new pack either

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
There is a small wire that sometimes sticks out under the bottom o ring.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/help-new-coil-leaks-every-time.404467/#post-2108275
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smok-stick-v8-leaking.395865/#post-2069564
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/issues-with-quad-baby-beast-coils.393035/#post-2050530

If you search around the site you will find this is not uncommon. First link above has an image of the wire in question.
Yeah I had a look and the rubber part of the coils is fine and flat... REALLY clueless as to what else it could be and I’m so frustrated

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Upload some pictures of how you have it configured. The seated coil, The bottom of the tank, 510 threads, etc...

So the tank is currently empty because I’ve literally wasted two full tanks of liquid from it all leaking out when I’m fiddling around with it but now the coil is primed it should work fine for a few tokes if it does start working.

Total noob as said earlier so lemme know (in layman’s terms) if you need a pic of anything else!

PS thanks so much for helping me!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    859.6 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    637.6 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    809.6 KB · Views: 9
Just stumbled upon this thread since it's in a different section than the thread I posted of nearly the same thing. I think you and I might be having the same problem, since I too bought a Smok Stick V8 (baby) and it is also doing the same thing that yours is doing, even though mine worked for a good 35-40 days before failing on me. I've heard that Smok products are crap, so it seems that buying anything from Smok is the mistake you and I made.

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
Smoks gear isnt the best, Mass produced. But usually this isnt a common issue people have. Try a different tank to verify if its the stick or a problem with the tank and coil, or even try the tank on someone elses vape

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
Also, check the 510 pin underneath the tank, if its screwed right in tight, just unscrew it half a turn at a time and put the tank back on and see if it fires, dont need liquid in there so long as you prime the coil (wet the cotton inside the coil with some liquid and screw it back in). I think you have a 510 issue.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
To the two of you having issues, if you give up on the tank and move on to something else. Keep them.

When you decide to start building these make pretty good tanks for flavor and cloud production once you take control of the build part of it.

VU Sponsors