Vamo V3 buttons problem

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey all, I've had my Vamo V3 since they first came out. I just started having a problem with the buttons. The up button (top right) sits lower than the down and the fire button is stiffer (slightly harder to push) on the right side of the button than the left. Anybody else having the same issue? It's probably the board sitting slightly off center, but I haven't pulled the cap to check yet. It still works just fine, so I haven't been inclined to do so.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like that is the problem. I had to rebuild part of mine. Mine is the V2 and she still kicks ass. Just needed to tighten some stuff up. parts are easy to find but not sure I can say which sites or not here..

as yu know, be careful when you remove the top, that lead wire is short....

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like that is the problem. I had to rebuild part of mine. Mine is the V2 and she still kicks ass. Just needed to tighten some stuff up. parts are easy to find but not sure I can say which sites or not here..

as yu know, be careful when you remove the top, that lead wire is short....

Thanks for the verification. I assumed that was it, but don't have too many experienced vaporers local to bounce things off of.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Besides lots of hot glue, is there any permanent fix to keep the board from moving again?

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thought so, but thanks.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There is a half of a plastic cylinder that is inside the tube. I am sure that has rotated off center like you think. Just glue the plastic cylinder back in place and not the board for ease of removal if needed later.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is a half of a plastic cylinder that is inside the tube. I am sure that has rotated off center like you think. Just glue the plastic cylinder back in place and not the board for ease of removal if needed later.

I thought there was something for the board to rest against, thanks for the confirmation. Since the Vamo was cheaply made in China, I wasn't 100% sure. I've had it for about a year without problems. Time to start fiddling!

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
can't vouch for the guy, but he shows how to take the vamo apart

Thanks! I've done it numerous times on a v2, but others will definitely get some use out of it!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I also have a V2. I use it every day and it still works great.

However, every once in a great while, when I push the magic button it does not fire and I give it a dirty look.

But the next time it fires and will be good for another couple of weeks. Sometimes you just get a funky one.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For those of you who have not taken it apart before it helps to take off the front cover over the Display 1st. Prying it out gently on the outer edges.

PT Rampy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All the advise give is good truthful IMHO. Don't worry about it just take your time and make slow calculated movements.

Cheap or not the Vamo is my go to, I got a bunch of them.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And the maker of the Vamo, KSD or KDS is now making an 18650 only version with a DNA20 stuck in it!

PT Rampy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And the maker of the Vamo, KSD or KDS is now making an 18650 only version with a DNA20 stuck in it!

Saw it and liked it...besides I have no need to do high wattage...but that's just me.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Does that mean no more stacked IMR18350 batteries. Please not the "IMR"!

From what I remember it is designed for a single 18650 only.

Do you have an issue with IMR batteries or just stacking them?

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I remember it is designed for a single 18650 only.

Do you have an issue with IMR batteries or just stacking them?

IMHO, The Vamo really shines with stacked 350's over a single 650. And before any troll spouts the "dangers" of stacked batteries, the Vamo, and other devices, was designed to handle stacked batteries safely.

preston0714

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My V5 lost the click up and down. Good way to burn up a coil. Didnt want to throw it away.so I just bought a small box and buttons and made my own mod

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never had problems with the buttons on my v3, just with the contact pin not reading right and as of 2 days ago it started shocking my sister in law...

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never had problems with the buttons on my v3, just with the contact pin not reading right and as of 2 days ago it started shocking my sister in law...

I haven't run into that problem. Is it the button that is shocking her or the body of the device?

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried it and pretty sure it's the button....also got a nice numby when I tried hitting it lol....I think she let juice leak in it again....she's not real bright and doesn't take very good care of it

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, with juice in the works, there's no telling what is shorting across the button! Knowing just how cheap the Vamo products are made, I've tried to keep mine in pretty good condition. Except for the occasional drop check (which all mods experience!), it hasn't been too abused.

VU Sponsors