Become a Patron!

Vandy Vape Berserker V1.5 MTL RTA

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Berserker V1.5 MTL RTA from Vandy Vape. The Berserker V1.5 MTL RTA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ariel from Vandy Vape.

http://www.vandyvape.com/atomizer/rta/at...5-mtl-rta/

Introduction

You don't have to wait for long when a discussion is being had about the best MTL RTA's before The Berserker is mentioned and here we have the slight upgrade which is almost an in-between the Berserker and my favourite the Berserker Mini. Nothing has really been changed enough to lose the great flavour the Berserkers give but does the slight tweek make the upgrade even better? I give my opinion. The Berserker V1.5 again is a collaboration between Vandy Vape and Alex from Vapers MD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

Vandy Vape Berserker V1.5 MTL RTA
Accessory bag
2x Coils
Metal tube
2x 510 drip tip
User manual

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics

The Berserker V1.5 MTL RTA came in the usual Blue cardboard packaging that Vandy Vape samples usually come in. I received the Matte Black version and although i usually wouldn't by choice go for Black it looks great, it's also available in Rainbow, Stainless Steel and Gun Metal. The Berserker came pre-installed with a tall 510 with 3 heat fins spaced out up to an Ultem tip that can be unscrewed from the very top of the drip tip, the polished ultem looks very nice on top of the all Black tank. The top-cap has one mini step and the main section has slight vertical texturing in the form of teardrops. The airflow control ring has the same textured design and then an horizontal teardrop cutout for airflow adjustment. The small Black domed chamber can be seen through the glass but if you change for the Black metal tube that has the Berserker logo etched onto the tube. Finally the base has etched branding and safety stamps, the 510 protrudes and is Gold plated. The build quality is exceptional Vandy Vape have done a top job.

Berserker V1.5 MTL RTA Specs and Features:

Size: 24x32mm
Capacity: Glass 2.5ml / metal 3ml
Glass and metal tanks included
Top fill
Slot airflow outlet on deck
5 airflow inlet options
Single coil configuration
Thread: 510
Colour: Rainbow, Stainless Steel, Gun Metal, Matte Black

The Various Parts

The V1.5 comes with a pre-installed delrin 510 which has 3 heat sink fins that travel all the way up to a small ultem topper which can be unscrewed from the drip tip and replaced with an included delrin one. You also receive an all in one delrin 510 drip tip that has 2 heat sink fins at it's base. We then have the top cap which when removed (sometimes a bit of effort needed) reveals a metal plate with 2 generous juice port cutouts, the top-cap seals the tank very well but it can be a real pain sometimes to get the top-cap back off. Attached to the juice port ring is the chamber, the included picture of the exploded view gives the impression this separates from the juice port ring but if it does i can't get it apart (i personally believe they are one piece). The Chamber screws onto the deck which is what keeps the tank all together, the glass tube seals top and bottom with o-rings and can be swapped for the metal tube (metal tube is the same colour as the tank). Using the metal tube adds 0.5ml capacity taking it to 3ml as well as giving it an all metal look but then your juice level becomes guesswork.

The Airflow

The airflow control ring has an horizontal teardrop just one side which can be lined up with various size holes with the narrowing of the teardrop allowing to reduce your chosen airflow hole even further. The hole sizes are 1.0mm, 1.2mm, 1.4mm, 1.6mm and 1.8mm so with that teardrop you can adjust to get a super tight draw if that's what you prefer. The airflow really only differs from the past berserkers as it enters the deck, the deck outlet is a small pill shape giving better coverage rather than the previous round outlet. Because airflow has a lot to do with flavour this is a good section of the review to mention the inside of the chamber is very domed and small, so a very reduced chamber, all the ingredients to encourage good flavour.

The Deck and Build

Although the Berserker V1.5 is a 24mm RTA the deck is tiny but is kept simple so the build is very easy. There are 2 shallow posts (one either side of the deck) which are opened top. We have flathead screws with large heads that fasten down from the top covering the whole open top area so simply loosen the screws and your legs go underneath the screw head, when you tighten the screws the heads act as clamps fixing your legs in position. If you hold the coil steady centrally between the posts as you fasten the screws you just then need to use a coiling rod or similar item to manipulate the coil into the perfect position which i believe is about 2mm above the airflow outlet. After snipping your excess wire legs you just need to wick which again is very straight forward, simply fluff your ends and place in the top of the juice ports, no need to push all the way down and suffocate the flow.

My Experience Using The Berserker V1.5

The RTA performs as expected pretty much identical to the previous berserker's and the same range of draws are achievable. When it comes to flavour it possibly shades the original Berserker with the Berserker Mini in my opinion still having just slightly better flavour. Where the new version does shine is the silky smooth airflow and how quiet the tank is, it's virtually silent. Personally i used it at 20W with quite an airy draw but when trying different airflow options i can confirm you can get a super tight draw. The only issue i have is if you don't keep the o-ring around the fill port lubricated it can be a bitch to get the top cap off, just occasionally smear a bit of e-liquid over it.

Exceptional build quality
Aesthetically pleasing (in my opinion)
Very easy build and wick
Good Drip tip options
Heat sink fins no heat on lips
Good colour choices
Metal tube option
2 coils included
Very good flavour
Good range of MTL draws including super tight
Silky smooth airflow
Very quiet
Had no leaking issues

Cons

If you let top o-ring get dry the top cap becomes a nightmare to undo.

I would once again like to thank Ariel from Vandy Vape for supplying the Berserker V1.5 MTL RTA for the purpose of this review.

http://www.vandyvape.com/atomizer/rta/at...5-mtl-rta/

VU Sponsors