Become a Patron!

Vandy Vape Mesh RTA Airflow Issue

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Sup yall. I was offered a Vandy Vape Mesh RTA by a coworker for cheap. They bought it but realized it wasnt the RDA. The box was open but the RTA was never used. By now its not a surprise but it seems that airflow is way too restrictive and after Googlin for answers it still seems unanswered how this can be fixed. I have noticed the airflow ring around the inside of the cover can be offcenter and supposedly cut down the air. I have tried to balance it all the way around but no luck. Not sure if wicking could cause this but I dont see how. When I detach the top without the glass and base I get decent air, but no dice with base and glass on. Any ideas and preferably with pics to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
The airflow ring on that one can slip off when the tank is disassembled.
mesh-24-rta-structure.jpg

If you think it is interfering you can remove it and test. In my experience, top airflow RTA's are kind of restricted generally. There are some exceptions like the Juggerknot, but overall they are somewhat restricted.

If you have some tools and a steady hand, there are ways to increase airflow.

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the reply @jwill I took off the ring and it made no difference at all. I tried everything I could but no luck. Last idea I have is to drill a hole or two on the top to open that airflow. Just gotta find someone with the drill and table to do it.:facepalm:

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for the reply @jwill I took off the ring and it made no difference at all. I tried everything I could but no luck. Last idea I have is to drill a hole or two on the top to open that airflow. Just gotta find someone with the drill and table to do it.:facepalm:
The best way to fix that RTA is to set it on a concrete floor and hit it real hard with a big hammer.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I used to have one of those RTAs. Flavor beast but very restrictive. You can make it better with a shorter mesh strip and less cotton. But the resistance will go down considerably. It's the tight tolerance between the chimney and the airflow chamber mostly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can also open up the A/F path like porting Intake Manifold and Heads.

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Lol Aye I get it, its junk, but that means I havr a reason to tinker with it and TRY to make it work. Hopefully if maintence at work isnt too busy tonight I will see if they can drill those extra holes for me. But it has crossed my mind to shorten the mesh and put it lower on the posts.

@SteveS45 it has crossed my mind to get a port and polish. Still wish I could get a custom built supercharger for it lol

VU Sponsors