Become a Patron!

Vandy Vape Pulse 80W BF Mod, Best Regulated Squonker in 2018?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And then there's me that should have been working a couple hrs ago.
I have absolutely no interest in mech for my own use. I get all I need regulated.
I have no use for mechs aside from a squonk application and switchfet squonkers have pretty much displaced my sqounk mechs.
I do not get into the continual maintenance required for mechs.

Bundy71

Member For 2 Years
Not saying that at all.
He always struck me as a bit of a shill with very little negative comments on anything.
His credibility was always somewhat lacking in my opinion.
He has lost some objectivity with his branding of vape products just as all reviewers who do so do.
And ALL vape reviewers MUST give glowing reviews of other reviewers branded products.

Well Todd did not on Busardo and Dimitri's MTL atty :)
And Busardo blew up a bit and then later calmed down realizing he had come off as an ass.
I totally get what you're saying. There is a fine line when people with influential opinions over products in a market release their own product to that market. At the same time, I watch with a bit of skepticism when that happens, and I haven't seen it in the vaping industry. These guys have all, to me, seemed to have kept their unbiased opinion and have gone so far as to promote each other's products. It's a bit of a cult mentality, and we all benefit from it actually.

Anyway, you had a preconceived opinion of him already, and I have no interest or desire to try to change your mind. You are more than welcome to your opinion.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
we all benefit from it actually.
Not with the Pulse BF mod.
Was a very lack luster product that got rave reviews.

And that first atty that Suck My Mod came out with....

And my 'preconceived notions' on tony B were based on watching a lot of his videos.
So yes I had pretty much decided he was mostly a shill before this event.

I used to watch LOTS of most every ones vape reviews.
I even watched the indoor smoker for a while :)

Last edited:

Bundy71

Member For 2 Years
Not with the Pulse BF mod.
Was a very lack luster product that got rave reviews.

And that first atty that Suck My Mod came out with....

And my 'preconceived notions' on tony B were based on watching a lot of his videos.
So yes I had pretty much decided he was mostly a shill before this event.

I used to watch LOTS of most every ones vape reviews.
I even watched the indoor smoker for a while :)
Those are your opinions, and you're entitled to them. Just remember, they are just your opinions and not facts.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those are your opinions, and you're entitled to them. Just remember, they are just your opinions and not facts.
The fact that SMM's first atty sucked?
The Fact that the Pulse BF is a very lackluster mod at best?
The fact that Smok's warranty service sucks and their quality is very lacking as well?

but yes on tonyB it is all my opinion.
And that does matter to me.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sweet, good news to me. I wanted to like the regulated pulse because I do like voopoo and the gene chip. However, the pulse BF mod was a disaster. Cheap plastic, contacts tore battery wraps, horrible bottles, horrible rda and wth is with the safety switch(voltage drop)?

I was actually surprised voopoo agreed to do this project. Their mods are solid, very well built and at a very reasonable price. Pretty much the opposite of the pulse BF. If voopoo does make their own squonk mod, I hope they stand buy those qualities.

As for tony, that IG post reminded me of my 13 year old son. I pictured him rolling on the floor while typing it. I'm sure there was potential for him to make a lot of money, but that's part of business. If you can't handle it, you better go back to hiding behind your camera.

Bundy71

Member For 2 Years
The fact that Smok's warranty service sucks and their quality is very lacking as well?

Of courser your opinion matters to you. It matters to me, too. That doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

Bundy71

Member For 2 Years
Sweet, good news to me. I wanted to like the regulated pulse because I do like voopoo and the gene chip. However, the pulse BF mod was a disaster. Cheap plastic, contacts tore battery wraps, horrible bottles, horrible rda and wth is with the safety switch(voltage drop)?

I was actually surprised voopoo agreed to do this project. Their mods are solid, very well built and at a very reasonable price. Pretty much the opposite of the pulse BF. If voopoo does make their own squonk mod, I hope they stand buy those qualities.

As for tony, that IG post reminded me of my 13 year old son. I pictured him rolling on the floor while typing it. I'm sure there was potential for him to make a lot of money, but that's part of business. If you can't handle it, you better go back to hiding behind your camera.
You do know they weren't just taping a chip to the Pulse BF mod, right? It was a ground up redesign and the cons you mentioned don't really apply to the 80w.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I loved the pulse 22 but not into 24mm so never bought it. Watched tonys video on pulse squonker and thought wtf they took all the beauty of the simplicity of a mech and put all the safety and crap in it so had no interest. Should have just put a mosfet in it and been done with it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You do know they weren't just taping a chip to the Pulse BF mod, right? It was a ground up redesign and the cons you mentioned don't really apply to the 80w.
I did not know that. I thought I read in the other pulse 80w thread that nobody knew who was building the mod. Maybe voopoo wised up and didn't want their name affiliated with pulse. I know I wouldn't.

Even if the pulse 80 watt was the perfect device, I still wouldn't buy it. Most consumers won't buy the same brand again after they've been screwed once already.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Its March, and the mod isn't even out yet...yes lets crown it and give Tony a vigorous handjob while we are at it.
Probably not

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You two were nicer, I was just going to say "no." My eyes are rolling right out of my head because of this topic, if they charge any more than $50 for it my eyes will roll right out the door. Tired of hype, and raising prices just because the seller thinks the hype will boost sales.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You two were nicer, I was just going to say "no." My eyes are rolling right out of my head because of this topic, if they charge any more than $50 for it my eyes will roll right out the door. Tired of hype, and raising prices just because the seller thinks the hype will boost sales.
In my first reply here I asked how they were pricing it if the manufacturer hadn't even priced it yet. Looks like that decision to blindly price it in advance could come back to bite them now!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ahh but in the vaping world hype does seem to boost sales.
And not just in the vaping world either.
In the other Pulse 80 thread, I complained about Tony hyping the inside of the device like it was something revolutionary, when in actuality it looked just like every other regulated squonker. I said I'd lost respect for him by doing that, so Tony quoted me and commented a few times.
He also said the refill bottle would be included with the Pulse 80 for free. Soon after that, VV said it wouldn't be free and there would be an additional charge for it. Apparently he used to be in radio, and his specialty is hyping up nothing

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the other Pulse 80 thread, I complained about Tony hyping the inside of the device like it was something revolutionary, when in actuality it looked just like every other regulated squonker. I said I'd lost respect for him by doing that, so Tony quoted me and commented a few times.
He also said the refill bottle would be included with the Pulse 80 for free. Soon after that, VV said it wouldn't be free and there would be an additional charge for it. Apparently he used to be in radio, and his specialty is hyping up nothing

Well they probably told him that the bottle would be included and then tell him it's not. Kinda crappy for a company to back out like that. But don't really think the extra bottle will make or break sales like the mech mod he put out being a bust. That's what'll probably break the sales

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
How can he give a negative review on a product he refuses to review?
Refuses to review based on a personal business deal vs viability of the product.

Ohh I fully support any reviewers right to refuse to review a brand if say that brand responds badly to his reviews of said brand.
Or if the brand seems to be overall crap.
But to refuse to review a brand over a personal business deal gone sour on him...
That is not impartial reviewing in my opinion.

Now if the brand screws over their general customers I can see banning that brand from reviews.
Like with Smok taking over 6 months to resolve warranty issues and poor quality.
It's in us as humans to have bias and opinions. The fact that he's not gonna do reviews for there products is a good thing I think. I mean do you really think he'd give any of their products a fair shake after this? I know I couldn't/wouldn't.
Hopefully Tony figures out a way to use dna 75c and then maybe this can turn out good anyways? Just so anyone that thinks I'm a fan boy or something, Im not. I'm not even a vapor trail subscriber.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Im not trying to be an ass but i think Tony B's announcement kinda makes this thread obsolete. No way a mod with a brand new untested Vandy Vape chip will be squonk of the year. Not that it would of been with the gene chip anyways.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewers should show some solidarity with TonyB and take down their Voopoo reviews

Huh?
I kinda thought they worked more for us than TonyB
Or at least that seems to be the song they sing.

I might be a bit contrary to ordinary but all this is kinda making want to buy a Voopoo mod.
In spite of the silly assed name.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Huh?
I kinda thought they worked more for us than TonyB
Or at least that seems to be the song they sing.

I might be a bit contrary to ordinary but all this is kinda making want to buy a Voopoo mod.
In spite of the silly assed name.
So not only do you dislike Tony (not that I care either way) but you applaud VooPoo's move? If it went anything like Tony said that's a really shitty way to do business. If this deal was made in the good old USA their would of already been contracts and there would be very little way for VooPoo to pull this, let alone steal the idea. I mean they should of been doing a drag squonk awhile ago! I think it's crazy they didn't say no from the get go and release that.
Again I have 0 stake in this fight besides I almost pre ordered this today and I'm sooo glad I didnt now.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So not only do you dislike Tony (not that I care either way) but you applaud VooPoo's move? If it went anything like Tony said that's a really shitty way to do business. If this deal was made in the good old USA their would of already been contracts and there would be very little way for VooPoo to pull this, let alone steal the idea. I mean they should of been doing a drag squonk awhile ago! I think it's crazy they didn't say no from the get go and release that.
Again I have 0 stake in this fight besides I almost pre ordered this today and I'm sooo glad I didnt now.

Where did I applaud VooPoo's move?

and no I do not like TonyB nor do I dislike him.
I do not think that he has handled either the buildup hype or the meltdown as well as he could have though.

Chinese business is dirty business and anyone who deals in it and does not realize the risk they run should not be in that business.

And declaring ones self a winner before the race is finished...

VincentV

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
emm... what a bad news, the voopoo is not cooperate with Vandy Vape, it means the the pulse 80w mod need to find a new chip to instead....:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:
8oo3mcU.jpg

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In this never ending squonk saga, I just can't wait for tomorrow's new episode! :popcorn:

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing I am confused about...
Did VV get 40,000 Gene chipsets?
I seem to have read at least one post that indicated that they could not get more than 40,000?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know im not interested enough to watch it all. But I think I posted the video in the ending thread. Hope that's not an issue. I watched long enough for the rave music to get in my nerves

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I seem to have read at least one post that indicated that they could not get more than 40,000?
I think he said they had agreed to order 40k before Voopoo backed outta the deal

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Pretty sure that he said Voopoo ultimately refused to deliver any chips to VV.
Yea, I know that. I was replying to the person I quoted who thought VV had already received 40k Gene chips

VincentV

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Vandy Vape Pulse 80W Mod has come out the new chip - Vandy Chip, are you looking for it ?
pulse_80w_mod.jpg

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
From shipping to distributors or until it hits retail shelves?

I honestly do not know since I am intentionally not following it's release very closely.
I only looked at Vaporl and they say 4/19, but who the hell really knows for sure!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so that would be to the retail shelves I am assuming.
Takes a few weeks of shipping to get to that point.
Most manufacturers authorize start sale date after several retailers have the devices. It is not generally a sell as soon as you get em thing for the opening day.
But who knows....

VU Sponsors