Become a Patron!

Vandy Vape Pulse 80W BF Mod, Best Regulated Squonker in 2018?

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Now that was a FAST chip swap.

Looks like VV never intended to use the Voopoo chip.

Come on bro...enough with the conspiracy theories lol. If companies can clone entire RDAs in two weeks, why couldn’t this company churn out replacement plastic trim without the Gene Chip printing on it? For that matter...were those all fake pics?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Come on bro...enough with the conspiracy theories lol. If companies can clone entire RDAs in two weeks, why couldn’t this company churn out replacement plastic trim without the Gene Chip printing on it? For that matter...were those all fake pics?

But to make a new chip in 2 weeks?

Naah VV planned on using their chip all along.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It isn't just that plastic trim, though, it's the chip under it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
But to make a new chip in 2 weeks?

Naah VV planned on using their chip all along.

It isn't just that plastic trim, though, it's the chip under it

Yeah, and they were already developing their chip for use in other mods (as far back as mid 2017) before they even decided to put the Gene chip into the mod according to Tony B. Reasonable minds can differ, but you guys appear to be too certain. Either you have insider information that VV planned this all along, or you’re assuming that Tony B’s video is false. The reality is that neither of us knows for sure...but usually the most simple answer is the right one.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, and they were already developing their chip for use in other mods (as far back as mid 2017) before they even decided to put the Gene chip into the mod according to Tony B. Reasonable minds can differ, but you guys appear to be too certain. Either you have insider information that VV planned this all along, or you’re assuming that Tony B’s video is false. The reality is that neither of us knows for sure...but usually the most simple answer is the right one.
Oh I have no idea and honestly haven't given it much thought. When I quoted you, all I said was that it's more than just the plastic trim. I'm not "too certain" of anything related to the Pulse 80, well, other than the fact it's a total mess for everyone involved.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That VV planned on using their chip all along is the most simple answer.

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
That VV planned on using their chip all along is the most simple answer.

Nah, that’s like saying 9/11 was an inside job because it would be much simpler for the government to plant bombs inside the towers rather crazy dudes commandeering planes and piloting them into the buildings. It would have been a lot simpler for VV to just go with their own chip from the get go. They could have done their marketing and promoted their chip all along, Tony would be the same hype man, and many of the people that are now refusing the buy because they were expecting the Gene would not be turned off to the product.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Nah, that’s like saying 9/11 was an inside job because it would be much simpler for the government to plant bombs inside the towers rather crazy dudes commandeering planes and piloting them into the buildings. It would have been a lot simpler for VV to just go with their own chip from the get go. They could have done their marketing and promoted their chip all along, Tony would be the same hype man, and many of the people that are now refusing the buy because they were expecting the Gene would not be turned off to the product.
Also, if the plan was to use the VV chip all along, VV shouldn't have let Tony keep saying he wanted to use the Gene chip because it performed better.

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Also, if the plan was to use the VV chip all along, VV shouldn't have let Tony keep saying he wanted to use the Gene chip because it performed better.

Exactly. I like the Gene and would have bought the mod without thinking about it before. I don’t know squat about the VV chip...so I would now wait and see. Though I’ve already ordered an RSQ (partly based on your recommendation) and should have it on Friday...so I’m done buying any new gear for a while.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Exactly. I like the Gene and would have bought the mod without thinking about it before. I don’t know squat about the VV chip...so I would now wait and see. Though I’ve already ordered an RSQ (partly based on your recommendation) and should have it on Friday...so I’m done buying any new gear for a while.
Cool, you'll love it! I was planning to buy the Pulse 80, but now I'm gonna buy another RSQ

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have no insider info, nor am I sure of the truth. But Tony B's video makes me believe he is nothing more than a slimy salesman. So based of my impression of him from this one video, I am more inclined to believe that what he says in not the 100% truth and is not the real story

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I watched TonyB's vid and what he proposed was much more complicated and conspiratorial than VV never planning to use the VooPoo Chipset.
I followed your advice and chose the simplest solution.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Why not? it wound up hurting their competitor in the view of many.
And they have a perfect beta testbed for their chip.
If it fails they can blame Voopoo.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
see I tend to think Voopoo is less at fault for the mod not having the gene chip...they may share some blame. But this scenario makes a lot of sense. Why would everyone want the new chinese VV chip, well now they have sympathy on their side to inspire sales

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Agreed, though he probably should have said he wanted the Gene chip because he liked it, not because it performed better.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had never bought anything Voopoo becuase of the silly assed name and their stuff did not interest me.
Never bought any Vandy Vape stuff for the same reason.
Now I have a reason not to buy Vandy Vape stuff.

VincentV

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally, the VV release the new chip - Vandy Chip for Pulse 80w mod
pulse_80w_mod.jpg

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Struggling to get audio on that link

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bro, you should really watch. Voopoo told him that they are NOT making a squonk mod... the plot thickens.
I will NOT watch Jai.
however if they are NOT making a Squonk mod then yes a lot of the conspiracy theory stuff supporting TonyB evaporates.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I will NOT watch Jai.
however if they are NOT making a Squonk mod then yes a lot of the conspiracy theory stuff supporting TonyB evaporates.
They also said they'd be open to making Tony B's squonk instead of VV. They also implicated that in China the laws are different and they hold a "copy right/ patent" on that particular resin that's on the drag. They said in China your allowed to claim rights to certain materials and colors I guess(this is how I understood it given it wasn't perfect audio since it was secretly recorded). Basicly saying they don't hold the copy right on resin it self, just that particular resin and according to them VV should've know that I guess. Called VV bullies and said they're shady.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One can patent/copyright sounds in the USA. Harley did on their engine sounds.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
One can patent/copyright sounds in the USA. Harley did on their engine sounds.
But that's an original recording of noises their making. They're saying they hold rights to a resin someone else makes? Idk I'd need more info I guess because unless they picked that exact resin out and just had them manufacture it, I don't understand how it would work.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But that's an original recording of noises their making. They're saying they hold rights to a resin someone else makes? Idk I'd need more info I guess because unless they picked that exact resin out and just had them manufacture it, I don't understand how it would work.

I thought the Harley thing was to prevent others from making bikes that sound like theirs?

vandyman

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I pre-ordered the 80 BF on Fasttech.
Listed for $84.00, I used a code and got it for $50.00.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I could be wrong but I suspect that one can copyright or patent a color pattern in the USA as well.
I agree if It was they're design and idea but if the other company made the resin and just sold it to VooPoo wouldn't the resin manufacturer be the one who owns the design? Unless they also bought those rights?
Crazy how there's just never enough info.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I pre-ordered the 80 BF on Fasttech.
Listed for $84.00, I used a code and got it for $50.00.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I'm guessing with the VV chip the rrp will be pretty close to $50-$60.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree if It was they're design and idea but if the other company made the resin and just sold it to VooPoo wouldn't the resin manufacturer be the one who owns the design? Unless they also bought those rights?
Crazy how there's just never enough info.

Never enough info.
But the practice of having other manufacturers make OEM parts for your product is very common.
US 'built' cars have quite a few made in China OEM parts in them.
Made under a license by the manufacturer to the auto makers specifications.
goes on all the time stateside as well.
And generally included is a contract saying that the parts manufacturer will only make those parts for you and no one else.

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Cool, you'll love it! I was planning to buy the Pulse 80, but now I'm gonna buy another RSQ

Received the RSQ and Pulse 22 RDA today...just wow! Love love love this mod! The RDA is a nice change from the Wasp Nano as well...still playing around to figure out what build will get the most flavor. This squonker is perfect though.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Received the RSQ and Pulse 22 RDA today...just wow! Love love love this mod! The RDA is a nice change from the Wasp Nano as well...still playing around to figure out what build will get the most flavor. This squonker is perfect though.
26 dual fused with 36 ss. Get it built right and it's nice vape.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
What if I told you vandy vape just wanted to clone the voo :poop:gene chip. All while saying it will come with the gene chip and Vandy vape never had plans on using it at all just said it as a way to hype it up. :deadhorse: But really I have no idea what happened. If the pulse 80w with the V.V. chip is good I will buy it. If not then I will wait for the next best to come out. I do love my RSQ'S also digging the usmodz stinger. :idea:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know that technically TonyB is promoting contraband?
per deeming regs it is past the cut off date and cannot be sold in the USA until it passes PMTA approval process.

such a nice guy for a criminal :)

not that I support or agree with the deeming regs....

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You know that technically TonyB is promoting contraband?
per deeming regs it is past the cut off date and cannot be sold in the USA until it passes PMTA approval process.

such a nice guy for a criminal :)

not that I support or agree with the deeming regs....
I heard a lot of companies still have things they can sell because they sold 1 before the deadline so it's been technically released already. Loophole

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I heard a lot of companies still have things they can sell because they sold 1 before the deadline so it's been technically released already. Loophole

The predicate date (also known as the grandfather date) refers to part of the 2009 Tobacco Control Act that allowed tobacco products on the market before Feb. 15, 2007, to be “grandfathered” in (meaning manufacturers did not have to submit a premarket tobacco application—or PMTA—to the FDA). Equally important, manufacturers would have the option to submit less costly substantial equivalence (SE) applications for new products that were similar or substantially equivalent to a product on the market as of February 2007.

Now how many vape products sold before 2-15-2007 are still on the market?
And it must be the same product.

We had cigalikes and maybe Stardust clearos or Carto Tanks then.

the predicate date NEVER got changed to 8-8-2016.
it was discussed to change it to 8-8-2016 but never acted upon.

so technically after 8-8 this year vaping can be virtually totally shut down in the USA.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isn't tobacco products under jurisdiction of ATF not FDA? They should do us all a favor and just shoot it out

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Maybe it falls under. Exemption from Substantial Equivalence. Look it up not posting a long ass post explaining it.

VU Sponsors