Become a Patron!

Vape Bag

iamadrunkguy

Member For 4 Years
Hello,

Was just wondering what people use to organize their rdas, tools, etc.... I've been using a small tackle toolbox that has been working well but if I have to pickup and go it doesn't look too pretty or practical. Plus I dont have my rda's in there or mods just tools. Figure I'd premake some coils and a few tools along with mods and batts etc... I know they have vape bags but they can get into the 30$ range which is a bit much for me. What do you guys think of electronics bags? They look like they can fit the bill quite nice and in the 9-15$ range. Something like below.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HNT6X7B/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3Q93KDE2NBQ0F&psc=1

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
How big do you want it? What do you want to keep in it and how much do you want to be able to 'pick up and go'?
Something like a case? The one you linked looks like it would sag here and there with grear in it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use something like this for my go bag.
has backup vape, juice, a battery pack, spare batteries, kindle, etc in there.
Mine is black nylon though.

iamadrunkguy

Member For 4 Years
How big do you want it? What do you want to keep in it and how much do you want to be able to 'pick up and go'?
Something like a case? The one you linked looks like it would sag here and there with grear in it.

Not too big 10/11 " x 9" x 4 " is the max , I only have two mods so those, 3 rdas, 2 sets of battery's, screw driver, tweezers, maybe a charger (small one), and I have little tubes with coils that I will make. That's about it.

Edit: Just saw another thread but not many people replied to it.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking an aluminum case or some other material, like for camera's/handguns/etc and use pick n pluck foam which you could pluck to shape and would protect and cushion mods/attys. and could pluck out shapes for battery case, charger, etc

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
One can get little aluminum cases in the office/stationary dept at Wally world.
Yep, perhaps could pair mod/atty in a case or 2 then use something like your bag. Which would be better imo than the cloth looking one in the amazon link. I think that one is going to loose it's shape once you put something like a mod in it. ie, it won't look like the pic at amazon when you pick it up, be lopsided.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one of these in my bag with scissors, screwdriver, wire , cotton, etc in to for rebuilding that I take if gone overnight.
Picked up cheap ~$3 a couple of years ago.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, perhaps could pair mod/atty in a case or 2 then use something like your bag. Which would be better imo than the cloth looking one in the amazon link. I think that one is going to loose it's shape once you put something like a mod in it. ie, it won't look like the pic at amazon when you pick it up, be lopsided.
Naah mine is ballistic nylon and holds it's shape really well.
I even often have a small camera in there and 90 ml of juice, 2 batteries, spare mod and 2 attys, 2 batteries, charging cable and what claims to be a 20,000 mah charging unit. Along with a Kiindle Fire. and of course Naproxen.
I actually got it free for joining AARP :)
Me likes free.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My problem with those organizer thingys is there is never the proper number of correctly sized slots/pockets for what you want to carry in them.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
My problem with those organizer thingys is there is never the proper number of correctly sized slots/pockets for what you want to carry in them.
I suppose someone could put that pluckable foam in the compartments of that cloth one.
I needed a case for a digital camera and found these on sale for $5, so I got 2, came with pluck foam so it fits perfect and is surrounded by cushion.

iamadrunkguy

Member For 4 Years
I ended up going with a nylon (i think) tool bag. Forgot to mention not really for take it to the mall, beach, etc.. I have a fanny pack for that :)
Everything fits good.
b24eb2401510b7de3796c907dcd62ed8.jpg
1ed5d1574287724fc37f7c5740ea33e7.jpg
8d5a3c20e1eda2c7a366cfc3814e9626.jpg
855ec40fe6f086e49d9b5e86a55e0088.jpg
b1c78c43aee056a95d0d9f263cbf3db9.jpg

Bonus: shots of my v1 daedalus ghetto converted to “pro” ;)
76d7ef58ad16926048adfdda2e65a8bd.jpg
eaab71fdd1a608a1bd0967ec45dfb6e4.jpg

9f89ffd1f0fc0456ef09fc98177e0ca7.jpg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depending what you're looking to use it for, I've found electronics bags/cases to work well. My basic build kit I keep in a go pro camera case, it's like a woven cordura type material and hard sided with a zipper and carrying loop. Adjustable dividers so you can customize the arrangement, could be used for mod/atomizers as well. I've got my coil jig, flush cutters, couple pair of tweezers, small screwdriver, couple spools of wire, small pack of cotton, spare tri tools, extra drip tips and things like that in there.

I've also got a small dslr camera case that's soft side but padded, has various pockets and an adjust divider. I used it for travel to hold a couple mods, several atomizers, wall plugs and usb charging cables, spare sets of batteries. Worked well for the trip and was small enough for day carry while traveling around sight seeing.

Gopro cases alone have tons of options from small soft side, hardside, full plastic durable cases similar to pelican's, cases with multiple layer storage and lift out trays. I think I only spent around $30 or so on both my cases total so they don't have to cost a small fortune. Just have to consider what you need/want to store and get kinda creative.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

VU Sponsors