jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I have a Nookie V1 that has been around for a good bit of time and recently it has started walking down the 510 connector when screwing on an atty. I tried a rubber washer but it really doesn't help at all.

Anyone have one of these and experience the same issue and have a simple fix? I'm half tempted to locktite it but would rather not if someone has any suggestions or something that has worked for them.

It is authentic if it matters.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What is "walking down"? I'd guess it means that the atty 510 catches the 510 on the mod and threads it as you twist the atty?

Why do you dislike the idea of using loc-tite? That would be my first choice. The blue formula of course.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What is "walking down"? I'd guess it means that the atty 510 catches the 510 on the mod and threads it as you twist the atty?

Why do you dislike the idea of using loc-tite? That would be my first choice. The blue formula of course.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Correct. When screwing down an atty it turns down the positive pin when screwing it on. I have fixed this before with tight rubber o rings but it doesn't seem to work in this instance.

The only reason I am hesitant to loctite it is with the varying lengths of 510 connectors and screws would have some tanks or rda's riding high with a gap between the bottom of the atty and the mod. I have a few tanks that lean a little from being bent after a fall over or drop when being used like this.

Im going to tear it down tomorrow and see what is going on.

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Shot in the dark here but if your atty has an adjustable 510 can you screw it out just enough to compensate for the mod 510 backing down ?.
Trial and error but it could work.
Hell watta I know...:devil:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
It walks down so low even a hybrid style Purge atty will not make contact. Im going to do what I should have done yesterday and tear it down and get it sorted. Just wanted to check and see if anyone had a quick/easy or it this was a widespread thing.

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It walks down so low even a hybrid style Purge atty will not make contact. Im going to do what I should have done yesterday and tear it down and get it sorted. Just wanted to check and see if anyone had a quick/easy or it this was a widespread thing.
that would be my next step, maybe there is some kind of small retainer / washer on the backside of the 510 that has somehow loosened up or something.

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
that's the best part of mechs you can strip them naked to fix things.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
The threads are getting loose. I wrapped some teflon tape around it for now. Will retap it later and that shoudl make it happy.

VU Sponsors