Become a Patron!

Vape burning throat after coil replacement.

Hey guys I started vaping recently after quitting smoking tobacco and other natural grasses after bout a year or two. So I feel like I'm used to taking hot smoke into my throat and lungs, but after replacing my coil in less than two days I started getting hot metallic vapor with my regular oil flavor burning my throat heavy. The first one lasting around the same time. I smoke it very heavy I guess compared to some of my friends but theirs lasts a hell of a lot longer. I use a 40-60 watt coil on a lypo powered vapershark mod. I'm wondering if it's just that I'm actually ripping it too hard and burning my wick out fast, or if it's some other problem that could have an easy fix. I usually take really strong deep lung hits of varying lengths. It only started burning like this very recently. I've dropped it or knocked it over very few times. Thank you for your feedback ahead of time.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What tank/atomizer are you using? Some tanks have coils that can velvety inconsistent where one time the coil keeps up the next one doesn't. What is your pg/vg ratio of your juice?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Are you sure you got Authentic coils?

You should not be vaping "Oils"!

If you are getting smoke out of you vaporizer something is seriously wrong..............

Good Luck!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats the biggest problem with coilheads.... Sometimes you get BAD ones, sometimes whole boxes of them are bad.. and AUTHENTIC vs clone has NOTHING to do with it.... OEM coils sometime just fail less. And the more complex the build in the coilhead the more likely it is to fail or be bad from the box. Mainly because you cant really properly prepare and break-in a coilhead...without ruining the wick....

eJuices.com

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sometimes I will replace a coil and after a tank get that burnt coil taste. I just pop in a new one, sometimes two. I know it sucks but I just figure that anything mass produced has a few bad ones every now and then. I start to get frustrated at buying something that doesn't work then remember that I used to spend 5 times as much on smokers that were killing me as they made me smell like (insert bad smell here).

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Clones or fake coils are more prone to being bad since the manufacturing specifications are not released to allow them to male replacement parts. The percentage of bad OEM coils is very low in my opinion and if a manufacturer has had problems they usually work hard to correct issues.

VU Sponsors