Become a Patron!

Vape gets too hot to hold.. Did I mess up the settings?

Hi,
So I recently got a SMOK ProColor 225W TC. The numbers on the coil are 0.2 Ohm and 40-130W Best 70-90.
After taking like 3 puffs the tank and even the upper body gets too hot to hold... my puffs are like 3secs~
I'm running it on 90W, 0.203Ohm and the Volts clim to 4.2~.. Sometimes I get good clouds and sometimes its barely anything. Inhalation not an issue I smoke Shisha/Hookah a lot.
MORE SETTINGS. (No idea what these are)
Ti: 60W TCR 373
Ni: 60W TCR 510
SS: 60W TCR 150
M : MEM 1 Wattage 10W
Temp : 125C

What and how should I configure these settings?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
what batteries are you using, and where did you get them?

high drain batteries are important

those are different coil materials

ni and SS are temperature controlable. SS can be in wattage mode or tc, but ni needs to be on tc mode

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Try getting out of TC and using wattage mode. With you being new keeping it simple will help ensure the least amount of things to fiddle with until you better understand what it is that is going on.

Found this dude to walk you through it

All of this of course is my opinion only. Welcome to VU, hope vaping is as awesome for you as it is for me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi,
So I recently got a SMOK ProColor 225W TC. The numbers on the coil are 0.2 Ohm and 40-130W Best 70-90.
After taking like 3 puffs the tank and even the upper body gets too hot to hold... my puffs are like 3secs~
I'm running it on 90W, 0.203Ohm and the Volts clim to 4.2~.. Sometimes I get good clouds and sometimes its barely anything. Inhalation not an issue I smoke Shisha/Hookah a lot.
MORE SETTINGS. (No idea what these are)

What and how should I configure these settings?
Sounds like you are in TC mode and the smok tanks are not TC compatible.
Use regular Power/wattage mode.

Sounds like you are in TC mode and the smok tanks are not TC compatible.
Use regular Power/wattage mode.

Try getting out of TC and using wattage mode. With you being new keeping it simple will help ensure the least amount of things to fiddle with until you better understand what it is that is going on.

Found this dude to walk you through it

All of this of course is my opinion only. Welcome to VU, hope vaping is as awesome for you as it is for me.
Got it! after watching a few videos on tc and wattage mode. Its working well on 68W on Wattage mode.

VU Sponsors