Become a Patron!

Vape in bed?

Kevinva

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Total noob here...

I bought my first Vape a few days ago and found that I love to Vape while laying in bed at night. Will I harm my vape if I hold it horizontally while using it if the tank isn't 100% full? Does it have to be held straight up and down?

Thanks!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
A few helpful tips for bedtime vaping, lol

First, don't use a mech anytime you might fall asleep - dangerous and foolish to sleep with it

Find something that is darn near leak proof - as Cromwell noted, leaked nic seeping into a sleeping body could be deadly.

With that said, been vaping in bed for over four years now. Ah, modern luxuries equal amazing bedtimesBedtime vape.jpg

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Only thing i can say negative about vaping in bed is watch out when you fall asleep. I've crashed with it on the bed still and woke up with it under me firing. Was really lucky i'm a hard sleeper n it was smoking hot by the time i awoke.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife wakes up at 4am every morning and vapes in bed for a while then goes back to sleep. She has never had any issues.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think it depends on the specific atomizer. My Achilles never leak from lying down horizontal, however it's an RDA so it's somewhat dependent on gravity for the wicks to be truly soaked; I usually try to be at least half-sitting, leaning back on pillows, and keep the mod mostly upright, or at least at no more than a 45 degree angle, just because of the gravity consideration -- it won't ever leak, but it might give me a dry-ish hit if the wicks aren't soaked. The angled adapters I use come in really handy here, since I don't have to tilt the mod so much to bring it to my lips. A knucklehead driptip would offer the same benefit.

Andria

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape in bed or on the couch all the time.. but i also don't pay attention to if my mods are stood up or laying down. If i wicked them right the don't leak. With my mech I'm just real OCD about locking the switch between hits...

Laying a mod on its side is only an issue if your atties leak. Properly setup most wont.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The best lying-down vape, I always thought, were cartos (or cartotanks). I wish to hell they'd come back. But all the cloud chasers have rendered them mostly obsolete, unfortunately... as if tight-draw MtL vapers just don't count. :confused:

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Total noob here...

I bought my first Vape a few days ago and found that I love to Vape while laying in bed at night. Will I harm my vape if I hold it horizontally while using it if the tank isn't 100% full? Does it have to be held straight up and down?

Thanks!
What device & tank are you using?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey thx! I wanted to introduce my son to the greatness of cartotanks, but didn't know if perforated cartos were still available anywhere. I still have a couple of Smok UDCTs. :) Those were my faves, with their locking ring, made them more or less accident proof. :)

Andria
Those were pretty good.They had flanges though if I recall.Maybe I'm thinking of something else possibly.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Those were pretty good.They had flanges though if I recall.Maybe I'm thinking of something else possibly.

That's true. Shoot. I should see if IBtanked is still around, still has them.

Andria

Kevinva

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's true. Shoot. I should see if IBtanked is still around, still has them.

Andria

I'm using a Smok Procolor mod with a Big Baby tank. Doesn't leak at all. I didn't read any reviews before I bought it, so I hope it's a good mod! lol.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
*Champton puts on his Safety Fred hat*

Just don't fall asleep with your vape next to you. Too many times I've heard of people who toss & turn while they sleep accidentally laying on the fire button. Trust me, you do NOT love the smell of burning bedsheets in the morning... at least if you don't have a self-immolation fetish. (Hey, don't laugh, I've heard of some fucked up shit in my time. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.)

P.S.: Trust me to throw out an Apocalypse Now reference every time someone talks about vaping in bed. :p

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hell of a lot safer than SMOKING in bed!!!!!!!

I swear, you people... you're so busy doing the ANTZ's condemnation for them, of everything good about vaping.

analogssuck.jpg

Andria

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, my dad did that once when I was a kid and almost burned our house down. We sure had to buy new bedclothes tho. I'd laugh if not for the fact that he almost killed all of us.

And who are the ANTZ? The Anthropomorphic Nuclear Terrorist Zombies? I imagine zombies with bombs strapped to their chests and unregulated vapers in their hands. :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey, my dad did that once when I was a kid and almost burned our house down. We sure had to buy new bedclothes tho. I'd laugh if not for the fact that he almost killed all of us.

And who are the ANTZ? The Anthropomorphic Nuclear Terrorist Zombies? I imagine zombies with bombs strapped to their chests and unregulated vapers in their hands. :D

"Anti nicotine [and] tobacco zealots" -- they're the idiots running around blathering nonsense about how dangerous vaping is -- yeah, dangerous to their fucking "charitable" (yeah right!) pockets! They're also the ones who are PASSIONATE that smokers really need to SUFFER, whether quitting, or out back by the dumpster. If we don't do it THEIR way, and suffer accordingly, well then we just haven't done it right! Of course their way also includes using those totally useless patches, gum, and those pills that make quitters want to kill themselves, if not other people while they're at it.

I refuse to buy into their total bullshit. Vaping in bed is MILES safer than smoking in bed. And ANY way of quitting is a good way, PERIOD. If it prevents suffering, then it's even better, because more people will SUCCEED! And hey, vaping also helps prevent RELAPSING, the #1 worst thing to anyone who's quit smoking. It's relatively easy to quit... but STAYING quit... there's the HARD part!!!

Here's the thing they don't get:

vapeorsmoke.jpg

Andria

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eh, I just chalk it up to people whose lives must be so bankrupt that they need to get their jollies somehow.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I smoke in bed almost every night from 9pm until about 2am. I have some good, leakproof tanks.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Only danger I have found from vaping in bed is falling asleep with the MOD in my hand and rolling over on it during the night. Makes for a very sore back in the morning when you laying on an RX200S.

VU Sponsors