Become a Patron!

Vape juice "going bad"

Stephan1eMitchell

Member For 4 Years
I found half a dozen 30ml bottles of juice in the back of a drawer from about 12-14 months ago.

The juice I made myself had turned a dark copper color. The juice I'd gotten from a retail store was still very light colored.

The only difference I can think of was that early on I was using the cheapest possible nic I could find.

Would poor quality nic cause this? Or is there some other well-known cause of liquid turning super-dark.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A couple things:

1. Were bottles sealed or not, were they partially empty or full? The amount of air inside a bottle has a big impact on oxidation - more air is also introduced each time a bottle is opened

2. Were the flavors very different? Some flavorings get dark over time, some very dark, some barely change at all.

If the liquid doesn't smell like seafood (old nicotine) then it is still likely okay

Stephan1eMitchell

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the speedy reply.

The bottles were full and sealed. There were 6 different flavors. My 3 turned dark, the purchased 3 stayed light.

They don't smell fishy. But back then I was using a magnetic mixer for an hour with lots of bubbles in the liquid. Maybe that caused oxidation. Now I magnetic mix vigorously for an hour, and then wait overnight for the bubbles to disappear, and then gently mix the nic in for 30 minutes (no bubbles).

VU Sponsors