Become a Patron!

Vape/Mechanical Mod with Tank not Working at all! HELP!

Mastermmm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I just bought a Mechanical Vape/Mod with a Tank a few weeks ago, and am still learning more and more every day. I currently have a Skeleton Key with an Atlantis tank. I will list off the possible issues I know that could effect it performing:

1. Battery is fully charged, and the negative is down (In other words it is put in correctly).
2. Mod does not rattle when shaken (Battery appears to touch both positive and negative terminals).
3. Tank is filled adequately with ejuice.
4. Coil has just been replaced.
5. There is air flow.

Any ideas what it might be?

Thanks for your help!!!

Mark

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
1.) Check to make sure your firing pins are adjusted properly on either the mech and or the tank if its adjustable.

Mastermmm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do not see an option to adjust tank pins, but I am fairly certain both pins are adjusted properly on the mod itself as mentioned above. Any other possible ideas?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I do not see an option to adjust tank pins, but I am fairly certain both pins are adjusted properly on the mod itself as mentioned above. Any other possible ideas?

You never mentioned about the 510 pins hence my suggestion...If those are correct and the batteries are good it seems something with the mod itself perhaps..possible bad switch..poor or loose connection someplace.

Mastermmm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You never mentioned about the 510 pins hence my suggestion...If those are correct and the batteries are good it seems something with the mod itself perhaps..possible bad switch..poor or loose connection someplace.

What exactly are 510 pins? Bare with me here please, I am still very new to this ha.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its the contact points your mod and tank make when the tank is screwed on..some tanks the pin can be screwed in and out on the bottom and some 510 connectors (the part on the mod the tank screws into) as well...those two points have to make contact or you get no power to the tank.

Mastermmm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its the contact points your mod and tank make when the tank is screwed on..some tanks the pin can be screwed in and out on the bottom and some 510 connectors (the part on the mod the tank screws into) as well...those two points have to make contact or you get no power to the tank.

I am almost positive then I have 510 pins..there is nothing that can be screwed or taken off. I have attached some photos to help you better understand the mod I have. Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 3.08.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-02-08 at 3.08.29 AM.png

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The 510 on the mod looks to be maybe spring loaded which is fine...look at where the threads are on the tank..in the center is a pin..I cant say for sure but i would think the pin in the center can screw in or out on the subtank..does it have a flat head slot on it?...if so it may screw in and out...try to screw it out some if it will...if its not adjustable im not sure really how to help any further..i dont know if contact is being made or not..Its not uncommon for some tanks not to work on some mods.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hold on a sec....screw the top of the mod off and install the tank...the pin should screw in or out from under the mod...turn it in untill its snug...i had a box mod on my mind..you have a tube mod..my bad.

Mastermmm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As you can see in the photo there is really no way of me unscrewing that part off it appears...I truly appreciate all the help regardless! I have already learned more. Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 3.18.01 AM.png

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its one single piece other than the back piece to install a battery?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok...the top part of the mod...not the firing button....Does the the little round thing screw in and out like it does on the firing switch connector?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a feeling one of your contact points are not making contact..either battery related with the firing switch or 510 related.

Mastermmm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Both are able to screw either direction. But I have been told I only need to screw the one in the second photo (the one that has the pin deep in the hole) back and forth to adjust to make sure the battery terminals connect. Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 3.33.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-02-08 at 3.33.47 AM.png

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The battery terminal on the positive side im almost positive turns in and out...try to turn it left and right..sometimes can be stiff....if it moves, then install your tank and turn it in untill its snug..re install your battery and youll have to re adjust the pin on the negative side to make re contact with the battery.

Mastermmm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That was the first thing I tried, and unfortunately it did not work for me. I just tried adjusting the other side as well with no luck :/

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dont know bud...this is pretty common adjustment on a tube type mech mod...Usually both ends screw in or out to make contact with the tank and negative side of a battery..Maybe just a bit stiff on the threads...they gotta move though..especially the negative end on the switch.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you can get them to move...install the tank on the 510..turn the pin in untill its snug (which means you should be touching against the 510 on the tank) then you adjust the back pin with the slot in it to your battery negative...thats about best i can help you with on this...if it doesnt fire then, not sure what to say to help.

Mastermmm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright man, will do. Thanks again for all the advice. Ill prob just head into my local vape shop and see what advice they have to offer...after all they sell the darn things...hopefully they will figure it out haha.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok..so they do move then....the first step is to install the tank with the mod apart...screw in the the pin inside the mod untill its snug against the tank pin...this is adjustment numero uno.

Adjustment number 2 is installing your mod all back together with the battery and making adjustment to the battery pin on the switch untill it can fire.

There is no more adjustments to make really...if that doesnt work i recommend like you mentioned to take it back to the place you bought it from...but i guarantee he is going to do what i just described

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The positive contact on your mod, that is the one on the top, should be a two piece pin. The outer part of it screws in and out of the top of your mod to make sure that the positive contact touches the 510 connection on your tank. Then there should be a smaller, inner screw that screws in and out of the outer part that should adjust for battery rattle and make contact with the positive terminal of your battery.

If you don't have both parts to the positive contact or you're unable to move both parts than something is not right with your mod bud and I would definitely take it back to the shop you got it from. Best of luck to yah

VU Sponsors