Become a Patron!

Vape mod/battery question

I'm stepping up from a little 60 watts mod to Vaporessos 220 watts Polar, this is my first mod I'm buying that doesn't include batteries either internally or externally so I just have a small battery question.

I'm no pro when it comes to batteries but I've done my research so I'm basically just looking for clarification. Would these batteries be okay to use with this device?
https://mountainvapors.net/collections/batteries/products/lg-hg2-18650-battery

And if so what's the wattage range that's safe so I don't cause strain?

Sorry for the noob question. Thanks.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That’s a regulated mod and a good battery.
You shouldn’t run into any problems no matter where you set it at.
I run those batteries in a 200w mod as well.
The lg hg2 and Samsung 30q are both good 18650s to run in there.
Just make sure you charge them together and run them together as a married pair.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'm stepping up from a little 60 watts mod to Vaporessos 220 watts Polar, this is my first mod I'm buying that doesn't include batteries either internally or externally so I just have a small battery question.

I'm no pro when it comes to batteries but I've done my research so I'm basically just looking for clarification. Would these batteries be okay to use with this device?
https://mountainvapors.net/collections/batteries/products/lg-hg2-18650-battery

And if so what's the wattage range that's safe so I don't cause strain?

Sorry for the noob question. Thanks.
Not a noob question. Any question about batteries and battery safety is an excellent question that doesn't get asked enough.
Battery Mooch testing says Sony VCT6 and Samsung 30Q might be a little better at run time than HG2 but not by much and HG2 is a solid choice.
Have a look at Liion Wholesale.com and IMRbatteries.com to save some $ and guarantee authenticity.
Regulated mod has built in protections and you won't be running anything close to 220w, so "safe wattage range" would apply to the coil head for which you can just start low and move it up till you like it regardless of oem coil's recommended range.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
IMRbatteries.com to save some $ and guarantee authenticity.

Just a minor heads up regarding IMR batteries.

IMR likes to re-wrap batteries they sell. In most cases re-wrapping batteries might carry negative connotations. In the case of IMR I think their policy is to re-wrap the batteries in their own 3-5 mm thick wrap which lets them assure the batteries are handled & shipped safely. I do not think IMR re-wraps batteries such as cheap battery brand replaces good brand battery.

So far, in my buying experience with them, I get the advertised batteries. They've not pulled anything tricky or shady that I'm aware of and I don't expect them to do that either. They're doing good business to stay in business and to help ensure everyone stays safe is the overall sentiment I get from them. :)

Thought that needed expressed so someone didn't get batteries from them and be left exclaiming; "Oh my gosh, they re-wrapped batteries, those evil jerks! How dare they?"

VU Sponsors