Become a Patron!

Vape mod making loud pops

I just started vaping i got a smok g150 and i had a .15 baby m2(worked fine) in and i went to the shop asked for more coils and i get the baby q2 0.4 ohms i switched them it asked for new or old i selected new and when i try it it pops like its trying to burn the liquid too fast and this is at 45 watts so idk what to do to fix it help plz

I just started vaping i got a smok g150 and i had a .15 baby m2(worked fine) in and i went to the shop asked for more coils and i get the baby q2 0.4 ohms i switched them it asked for new or old i selected new and when i try it it pops like its trying to burn the liquid too fast and this is at 45 watts so idk what to do to fix it help plz

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The popping noise is normal. As long as you're getting a satisfactory vape, don't worry about it. After awhile you'll grow to love that sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 0.4 coil most likely wants a lower watt setting than the 0.15. Not sure what you were running with the 0.15.
Also make sure you're in power mode for the 0.4.

To get to know the coil, start at a really low wattage like 25. Go up in 5 watt increments till it gets too hot or even tastes like it's burning (stop before that point...).
You will get to know all of the phases from too little to too much power and how it affects the popping, flavor of your juice and vape fullness.

Head back to the wattage that was best for you and the particular juice you are vaping, fine tune it down to the watt that's best.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lowering the power a bit should help, as long as you still get the vape you want. What's happening is the juice at a low temperature comes in contact with a hot coil and begins to vaporize and expand. It's normal, and will vary depending on the type of coil you are using.

Sometimes the hot liquid popping bothers my tongue; if I can I will use a longer drip tip to minimize it.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just looked up the 0.4 coil. Says... 40W - 80W / Best: 55W - 65W

So start heading up in wattage and find your preferred power level.

Thanks for the replies, its just that the 0.15 didnt have any loud pops and i tried from 40 and up and it keeps giving hot vaper and pops loud and i keep seeing liquid at the bottom and it sizzles, i litterally got to go to low as 25 to even stop it but it still sizzles and giving too hot vaper

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have that tank but I haven't heard that it's a leaker so maybe you are missing an oring and it's not sealing up? Could have got washed down the sink when you cleaned the tank?

I would clear the juice from the base, blow through the air holes with the tank on it's side to get all the fluid out, put the 0.4ohm coil at 60w and blow into the drip tip while holding the power button for a couple seconds. Do that a couple times to get the excess juice burned out of the coil and then try take a hit.

If you are taking a drag at 25w with a 65w coil, more juice could be getting into the coil than is getting vaped vaped out of it... or you're missing orings and it's not sealing up.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Take a quick look and see if the mod is reading close to 0.4 now with the new coil.

Is the juice something close to 70/30 vg?

As fq06 said, it is probably flooded and i would follow that advice to clear it out.

As for the Baby, I prefer the X4, T6, and T8 coils in that order. I find the Q2 finicky and short lived in comparison to the others.

VU Sponsors