Become a Patron!

Vaped in the past, failed and now ready to commit

Hey guys, lurked around here for the helpful advice, decided to giving vaping another shot and ready to fully commit. Finally took the plunge and went to a local shop. Picked up a Kanger Topbox Mini and one liquid just to start.

I guess right now just tinkering, trying to find a guide on the best combination of settings to start out. A lot of different information, can be a bit overwhelming.

Anyways, excited to be here =]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Carnage. Welcome to VU. Check Youtube for reviews and info on vape gear you are interested in. Good luck.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU enjoy your stay. I don't have that set up but in power mode start low and bump it up until you get a good vape. If you go too high you'll know it because it'll taste burnt. Most coils have a wattage range printed on them.

Awesome, not exactly whats low or high just set. Had it at 25 seemed real low wasnt getting much vapor, put it at 40 and getting bigger hits

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello and welcome to VU :wave:
I personally found looking at reviews of my device/mod on youtube helpful and VU answered all those little things that youtube didn't address.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Awesome, not exactly whats low or high just set. Had it at 25 seemed real low wasnt getting much vapor, put it at 40 and getting bigger hits

At this point I'd try going up 5W at a time if you get a slight burnt taste or loss of flavor go down 5W. I don't know what coil your using but if it's the Clapton you can go much higher if it's the regular coil you may be close to the limit. The Ni 0.15Ω is for temp mode only. Good luck and have fun.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome to the VU! If you find yourself still having the occasional cigarette, don't let it get you down. It doesnt mean you failed to switch. There's lots of other stuff in cigs (added by the tobacco companies) and getting fully off of them isn't always the easiest thing. Some people switch immediately, never turning back, and some of us were dual users for a long period of time (I went around a year and a half still having my morning and before bed smokes). The journey is slightly different for everyone, but congrats on taking the first step!

At this point I'd try going up 5W at a time if you get a slight burnt taste or loss of flavor go down 5W. I don't know what coil your using but if it's the Clapton you can go much higher if it's the regular coil you may be close to the limit. The Ni 0.15Ω is for temp mode only. Good luck and have fun.

Just checked Im using the Clapton coil. Should I be using the wattage setting, does one override the other?

Thanks!!

The Clapton is for wattage mode you may be able to go to 60W with that one.

Don't know what you mean by this???

I could adjust the temperature and wattage, I guess it only recognizes what its currently showing/set on (Right now wattage)

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You only adjust the temp in temp mode if your in wattage mode temp should not be an option. Watts up watts down that's it. Select power (watts) exit the menu and use the + - buttons to adj the watts.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

vapefu

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You life and health is about to change! Congrats on taking the plunge into the right direction! VAPE ON!

VU Sponsors