Become a Patron!

Vapefly Holic MTL RDA Review

Bl4ckKat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Holic MTL RDA is a collaboration project from Vapefly with Horic TV, a Japanese vape reviewer. The Holic RDA has a unique airflow system that can be adjusted in many different configurations to suit your vaping style. With an extra deep juice well and an included BF pin you can even enjoy the Holic RDA on your squonk.

vlcsnap-2019-06-06-23h17m23s745.png

Specs
  • Unique AFC System
  • 360° Airflow
  • Size 22.2mm diameter 41.7mm height
  • Included beauty ring
  • Single coil
  • Delrin 510 drip tip
  • Included BF pin
  • Available in Stainless, Gun Metal, Black, Gold, and Rainbow.
vlcsnap-2019-06-06-23h20m03s809.png

Vapefly are always innovating and improving, the Holic MTL RDA is no exception. I vape pods often but I don’t always use MTL RDA’s. Flavour just never seems as intense compared to direct lung RDA’s. The Holic RDA has definitely changed my opinion! This really is a flavour chasing MTL RDA. Vapefly and Horic TV have taken the design of the airflow to a new level.

The Holic is a single coils RDA and has a 22.2mm diameter, it’s pretty small. Vapefly include a beauty ring in the box in case you want it to fit better with your mod. The beauty ring also enhances the look of the Holic, giving it clean angles. I found it paired really well with silver Acrohm Fush.

vlcsnap-2019-06-06-23h22m44s062.png

Deck and Airflow
The raised deck and posts are similar to Vapefly previous Galaxy series atomizers, but the airflow is completely new. Vapefly’s previous MTL RDA’s have come with removable pieces to adjust your airflow. While they provided lots of airflow options, some of them can be a little tricky to get in place or can easily be lost.

Instead of removable pieces, Vapefly and Horic TV have gone with a fixed 360° design, adjustable by turning a flat head screw located on the back of each post. This is a much better design, you can have one or both closed off, or only partially. In addition, there are six different airflow settings controlled by twisting the top cap. You can completely close one side of the airflow for an extremely restricted draw.

vlcsnap-2019-06-06-23h19m44s052.png

Air hits each side of the coil, and grooved edges on the deck make coil installation a breeze. The Holic is incredibly easy to build on, which is great for new builders. Vapefly include two Ni80 coils along with some of their Firebolt agleted cotton. The Holid is suitable for using on squonk mods. Juice flows in through a hole located directly under the coil.

The Holic has a generous juice well, which is very handy when not using a squonk. To top up you need to remove the top cap, but this isn’t too much of an inconvenience or something you need to do often thanks to that deep juice well. There’s lots of room for your cotton, wicking is virtually foolproof.

vlcsnap-2019-06-06-23h21m40s569.png

Leak proof
Another great feature of the Holic RDA is is it’s leak proof design. I haven’t had any leaks, even when leaving the Holic on it’s side with a full juice well. Despite being more of a flavour chasing RDA, the Holic can put out some impressive and extremely flavourful MTL clouds. The domed top cap really does a great job of condensing those clouds

Flavour and the sleek design are two of the things that have impressed my most about the Holic RDA. Paired with the beauty ring the Holic turns into a 24mm RDA, which gives it some nice clean angles and makes it fit flush with your mod. The flavour from the Holic is the best I’d had from any MTL RDA so far.

vlcsnap-2019-06-06-23h19m19s546.png

Pros
  • Flavour! If you enjoy flavour chasing MTL RDA’s then you’re going to want to try this one.
  • Extremely easy to build on, perfect for beginners.
  • A generous juice well means you won't have to drip as often.
  • The Holic performs really well as a squonk with it’s leak proof design.
  • Innovative airflow, with multiple settings. Vapefly have really improved upon the Galaxies series with this RDA.
  • The overall design is stylish with clean lines.
Cons
  • I’m not really a big fan of narrow 510 drip tips, if you suck to hard you’re RDA becomes a straw. Personally I’d prefer a slightly wider non tapered drip tip.
vlcsnap-2019-06-06-23h23m13s594.png

Bottom Line
I really can’t fault the design or construction of the Vapefly Holic MTL RDA. Vapefly are always innovating with their products, and the Holic is no exception. I’ve really been enjoying the full flavour of my juice in this RDA, in squonk mode or on a semi mechanical mod the clouds are dense and flavourful. Having a fixed airflow piece makes things much easier for those of use with big fingers or shaky hands.

In terms of flavour for a MTL RDA this is definitely a crowd pleaser in the flavour department. I still think direct lung RDA’s have an edge over mouth to lung, but the Holid comes pretty close. I’d rate it a 8.5/10 for flavour, the included ni80 coils aren’t bad, but to really bring out the flavour I like to use SS 316L. If you enjoy MTL RDA’s the Holic is worth adding to your collection.

VU Sponsors