Become a Patron!

Vaper, 25, suffers horrific acid burns and bruising after e-cigarette explodes 'like a hand grenade'

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fers-horrific-burns-e-cigarette-explodes.html

"The 25-year-old was watching television when he suddenly felt the device burning red hot in his pocket so he pulled it out but it started to spark.

It even burned a hole through the couch where he was sitting and blasted a hole in the wall.

He said: 'It started to feel very warm in my back pocket.

'I took it out and it started to spark so I threw it on the couch and it just blew up like a hand grenade."

So this dipshit was sitting on the couch watching TV with a mod in his BACK POCKET?

I wonder how this could have gone wrong? - 5150

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fers-horrific-burns-e-cigarette-explodes.html

"The 25-year-old was watching television when he suddenly felt the device burning red hot in his pocket so he pulled it out but it started to spark.

It even burned a hole through the couch where he was sitting and blasted a hole in the wall.

'I took it out and it started to spark so I threw it on the couch and it just blew up like a hand grenade."

So this dipshit was sitting on the couch watching TV with a mod in his BACK POCKET?

Some people are just sooooo intelligent, it is mind boggling

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And he threw it ON THE COUCH??? What a braintrust.

I have no earthly idea why ANYONE would put a mod OR a cellphone in a fucking POCKET! I mean... STUPID MUCH?!?!?!?!?

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My kids aren't dumbasses but just in case, I ordered carrying cases for them. :D

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
BREAKING NEWS
Dry man falls into pool of water and gets wet. Lean how to protect yourself, tune in Thu at 10:43 to find out how

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
And he threw it ON THE COUCH??? What a braintrust.

I have no earthly idea why ANYONE would put a mod OR a cellphone in a fucking POCKET! I mean... STUPID MUCH?!?!?!?!?

Andria
Back pocket is asking for problems, i forget which phone but i thin it was one of the iBop phones... it would bend when people in their hipster skinny jeans were putting them in back pockets... I personally have never been a fan of things in back pockets always use front pockets or hands :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Back pocket is asking for problems, i forget which phone but i thin it was one of the iBop phones... it would bend when people in their hipster skinny jeans were putting them in back pockets... I personally have never been a fan of things in back pockets always use front pockets or hands :D

My husband used to keep his s5 in his shirt pocket... till he bent over, it went flying out of the bay door in the warehouse, 10 ft down to the concrete.... when he got the phone replaced, he bought an Otter Box to wear on his belt! That's the only sane way to "wear" a cellphone, because NO pocket is secure or safe. Ditto any mod!

Andria

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My husband used to keep his s5 in his shirt pocket... till he bent over, it went flying out of the bay door in the warehouse, 10 ft down to the concrete.... when he got the phone replaced, he bought an Otter Box to wear on his belt! That's the only sane way to "wear" a cellphone, because NO pocket is secure or safe. Ditto any mod!

Andria
OtterBox RULES!! cant even begin to think of how much money it has saved me from spending for my wife to replace a phone she drops all over :D lol just yesterday she put it in the stroller hit a bump or something and it went crashing to the concrete :p Sure they make the phone less sleek and sexy but add a whole lotta protection from drops and dings :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OtterBox RULES!! cant even begin to think of how much money it has saved me from spending for my wife to replace a phone she drops all over :D lol just yesterday she put it in the stroller hit a bump or something and it went crashing to the concrete :p Sure they make the phone less sleek and sexy but add a whole lotta protection from drops and dings :D

I got a "Pro Armor Dual Layer Hybrid T Kickstand" case for my Zmax Pro -- much less sleek and sexy for sure, but SECURE! It's got the metal case, plus the "corner wrapped" rubber/silicone layer. I try very hard to never drop my phone, but I'm clumsy... no matter how careful I am, at some point I probably WILL drop it. So I also got a tempered glass screen protector, even though it has gorilla glass 3 -- which I hear is mostly for scratch resistance, not break resistance. I like this Pro Armor case because the kickstand allows it stand up in vertical position; the case I had for my old Samsung only let you use the kickstand in horizontal position, which I rarely ever use. With a 6" "phablet", that case makes it rather large, but it's secure! And still a LOT smaller than my 7" tablet!

Andria

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Then there's this brilliant bit of advice toward the end of the article.
'Some e-cigarettes have a computer chip which means they will cut off if they begin to overheat.
This means you can use a higher strength of battery which will last longer.'

'Those without the computer chip should be fitted with a lower strength battery which might not last as long but it will be safe.'

IK5hLic.png

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

IK5hLic.png

What the hell kind of fucking morons do they have writing this shit????????

Andria

VaporCat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
'Some e-cigarettes have a computer chip which means they will cut off if they begin to overheat. This means you can use a higher strength of battery which will last longer.'
'Those without the computer chip should be fitted with a lower strength battery which might not last as long but it will be safe.'

So I got my mech and a 0.1 ohm setup, using my efest 5A battery I should be good to go. At least according to this Einstein's logic. This is exactly the type of hypocritical misinformation and gobbledygook at the core of why we'll keep reading stories like this. Suddenly everyone's an engineer (or plays one on the internet).

And this guy works at a vape shop? He also says...
'It is important to say that something like this is very rare. I would always advise people to go to a reputable store.
'You should also have an idea of what type of e-cigarette you want before you buy one.'

Yeah, I'd start with advising everyone not to go to his store. How many people has he mis-educated already? And how am I supposed to know what type of vapor product I want if I've never used one before. I just want to quit smoking, and seeing as how you run the vape shop, shouldnt YOU know?

Last edited:

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
And how am I supposed to know what type of vapor product I want if I've never used one before. I just want to quit smoking, and seeing as how you run the vape shop, shouldnt YOU know?
Unfortunately, many vape shops no longer seem interested in helping people quit smoking. Instead, they've become hangouts for the cloudz crowd.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
'My ex-partner is eight months pregnant and she was next to me at the time. I had to shield her from the explosion.'

He said: 'I am in ridiculous amounts of pain at the moment and I'm still in shock. I will never smoke another e-cigarette in my life.'

So, let me get this straight...you don't have the ability to safely operate what appears to be a regulated mod....,but you're confident you can raise an innocent child?.....what happens when the kid shits on the couch gonna blame the kid and kick him to the curb
I'm sorry this happened to the guy,but it helps to illustrate to people even a butter knife can cause damge if you don't use it properly...folks you just can't slap a radio shack battery in these things and throw them in your back pocket.....thank God this happened to him now , and not when his kid found the damn mod and started playing with it.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mind blown... im going to need a bit to recover... gotta hydrate and take an ibuprofen call me in the mornin :D
Brain full of fuck meme.

Not acid burns but thermal run away venting. Liion ignites with contact with moisture.

So much fuck and fail in that stupid shit... Motherfucker aught not breed... FUCK to Late!!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Brain full of fuck meme.

Not acid burns but thermal run away venting. Liion ignites with contact with moisture.

So much fuck and fail in that stupid shit... Motherfucker aught not breed... FUCK to Late!!
well he tried using a condum but it was an even greater intellectual hurdle than vaping.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same with not allowing his autistic m*th head friend to give him tattoos with a walkman motor and guitar string set up using eyeliner for ink.
it seemed like a good idea at the time...but hey maybe that was just the m*th talking.

Must have been in the same pocket as his note 7...

VU Sponsors