Become a Patron!
I will try to keep this short and sweet. My name is Derek, I'm 29, average weight and hight. I use a SMOK AL85 stock unit. Usually vape 12mg to 18mg nicotine using pg,vg,50/50(no difference in symptoms other than pg tend to burn my throat. I want share my experiences from the last 5 years of vaping and hopefully help others who may experience what I have been going through. For about 2 years now I've had issues with my health due to chain vaping 1.2%-1.8% juice. It took me 2 years now to realize my problems were from over using nicotine. I've lost $1k-2k in trying to get to the root of my issue. Symptoms= Shortness of breath, tight chest, random heart skips and quick heart pains less than one second(1-3 a day), tight throat, lump in throat feeling when laying down. When driving symptoms increase(mix of chaining, anxiety from symptoms, and posture), bloating, acid reflux, relentless energy deprivation, dizziness, feeling of fainting, slight visual colors and light usually accompanied by the dizziness. And 3 kidney stones along with rapid tooth decay, bad breath, trapped air in stomach, all from dehydration due to chaining a vape. My diet and activity level before my realization of my own self abuse from nicotine was quite poor and exasperated these symptoms. Unfortunately the vast amount of problems fit my diagnosis into too many categories and caused me to lose hope which also made it hard to cope with these issues. Since I started a perception to Adderal about a month ago, I have been able to curb my bad self discipline and have cut way down on the nicotine which slowly over a couple of weeks has removed almost every symptom except from dehydration, but that's because my medication makes this worse. I now drink 5-6 bottles of water a day and I feel like I have my control back over my life. The instant dopamine you get from vaping nicotine makes it very easy to abuse without even thinking about it. It sounds so obvious what my problems were from, but once your dragged that far down, nicotine is the only thing that makes you feel better. Just be careful guys and gals, don't make the mistake I made and abuse vaping at extreme levels. I will always stand behind vaping for people trying to quit smoking and for people that self medicate with nicotine(stress/anxiety). Oh and drink water, and then drink more, and a little more lol. My liquid intake during this experience consisted of soda, juice and energy drinks. I should add, I have pretty bad depression on top of the ADD, just caused by hormonal imbalances, also possibly due from diet and lack of exercise. I have since walked a different path I live and feel almost 100% again. Love ya all, pce!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Your absolutely right. Its something very important that I'm working on.

So why are you warning vapers about vaping when the core issue is impulse control? That's like an alcoholic blaming alcohol for the addiction. It doesn't make any sense.

Welcome to VU by the way.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I will try to keep this short and sweet. My name is Derek, I'm 29, average weight and hight. I use a SMOK AL85 stock unit. Usually vape 12mg to 18mg nicotine using pg,vg,50/50(no difference in symptoms other than pg tend to burn my throat. I want share my experiences from the last 5 years of vaping and hopefully help others who may experience what I have been going through. For about 2 years now I've had issues with my health due to chain vaping 1.2%-1.8% juice. It took me 2 years now to realize my problems were from over using nicotine. I've lost $1k-2k in trying to get to the root of my issue. Symptoms= Shortness of breath, tight chest, random heart skips and quick heart pains less than one second(1-3 a day), tight throat, lump in throat feeling when laying down. When driving symptoms increase(mix of chaining, anxiety from symptoms, and posture), bloating, acid reflux, relentless energy deprivation, dizziness, feeling of fainting, slight visual colors and light usually accompanied by the dizziness. And 3 kidney stones along with rapid tooth decay, bad breath, trapped air in stomach, all from dehydration due to chaining a vape. My diet and activity level before my realization of my own self abuse from nicotine was quite poor and exasperated these symptoms. Unfortunately the vast amount of problems fit my diagnosis into too many categories and caused me to lose hope which also made it hard to cope with these issues. Since I started a perception to Adderal about a month ago, I have been able to curb my bad self discipline and have cut way down on the nicotine which slowly over a couple of weeks has removed almost every symptom except from dehydration, but that's because my medication makes this worse. I now drink 5-6 bottles of water a day and I feel like I have my control back over my life. The instant dopamine you get from vaping nicotine makes it very easy to abuse without even thinking about it. It sounds so obvious what my problems were from, but once your dragged that far down, nicotine is the only thing that makes you feel better. Just be careful guys and gals, don't make the mistake I made and abuse vaping at extreme levels. I will always stand behind vaping for people trying to quit smoking and for people that self medicate with nicotine(stress/anxiety). Oh and drink water, and then drink more, and a little more lol. My liquid intake during this experience consisted of soda, juice and energy drinks. I should add, I have pretty bad depression on top of the ADD, just caused by hormonal imbalances, also possibly due from diet and lack of exercise. I have since walked a different path I live and feel almost 100% again. Love ya all, pce!
I never recommend anything higher than 6mg in a sub ohm device. 12-18mg in a subohm is definitely too much nic. ESPECIALLY if you're chain vaping.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually, (and it hurts me to say it), you are right.
I'm starting to see the clues. Like a massive paragraph that acts more like a run-on sentence.

I guess I see it all too fucking often. One post with OMFG I am dying from vaping. Go to ECF so the Returded1 can ban them~!

Sounds like another new Troll................

I wish, and I'll be the first one to call out people talking poorly about vaping, but this is more or less a reminder or a guiding hand for anyone who might to fall into the same boat as I was. I love vaping, and I'll prob never stop, but you have to be conscious of how easy it is to just sit there and vape for hours and not realize it. Take it for what it's worth or don't, I've never joined a forum in my life, but that's how important I believe it is. If I saw this a year ago from someone else, it could have saved me ALOT of trouble.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish, and I'll be the first one to call out people talking poorly about vaping, but this is more or less a reminder or a guiding hand for anyone who might to fall into the same boat as I was. I love vaping, and I'll prob never stop, but you have to be conscious of how easy it is to just sit there and vape for hours and not realize it. Take it for what it's worth or don't, I've never joined a forum in my life, but that's how important I believe it is. If I saw this a year ago from someone else, it could have saved me ALOT of trouble.
I lack the patience to parse run-on sentences, bad spelling, and never-ending paragraphs.

It ain't "optional" or "unimportant" - if you want to communicate. You can pull that shit with family or foolish friends, perhaps.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never recommend anything higher than 6mg in a sub ohm device. 12-18mg in a subohm is definitely too much nic. ESPECIALLY if your chain vaping.

To prove the assholes on that other forum how wrong they were I once vaped 2ML's of straight 48MG in VG continuously and I am still here with no visit to the ER and for good measure I rubbed it on Both forearms just to prove the point.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love vaping, and I'll prob never stop, but you have to be conscious of how easy it is to just sit there and vape for hours and not realize it.

I vape in my sleep and every waking hour consuming 40-60 ML's a day of 3MG so I call BS. I feel better than I ever did when I was a smoker and if vaping fucks with you quit vaping. Just my personal experience.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started with 30mg while trying to ditch homerolled or camel-killers.. oh, man the wailing and crying..

Oh, and I mix from 100ml - now down to 50mg - barehanded - same bunches would scream and cry.. "do you people not realize I can rinse and fucking wash?"

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

Chain vaping is fun and a lot of people do it. When your teeth start falling out of your mouth and the world is crumbling around you then a person needs to have enough sense to figure out they need to straighten up. This is a foundational principle to being a functional human being.

As a recovering alcoholic I have some sympathy for the plight away from addiction but frankly this sounds like a cop out of personal responsibility for poor judgement. Not a warning call for some unknown inherent danger with vaping. To me your initial statement reads like this and excuse the frankness.

"I cant control myself. Let me warn others of the dangers of lack of control"

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm fairly certain most are aware too much nicotine can be dangerous....the wattage and type of tank/RDA etc can dictate such.

If you vape 15 watts with a cheap clearomizer at 1.5ohms and use a 18mg juice your probably ok because you don't get very much of that nicotine based on how small of an amount you inhale.

Try 18mg on a dual Clapton .20 ohm rda build at 75w and you'll be sick as a dog after 2 or 3 hits from it.

It all boils down to educating yourself to protect yourself.

My story is 5 years vaping and feel better than ever...I can jog around the block without feeling like Mike Tyson just punched me in the chest....I can do alot more before maybe feeling wore out or overly tired...no more smokers cough...no more yellow fingers...no more ashtray smell on my clothes or in my residence.

Not a single story of "vaping caused this or that" will ever make me switch back to smoking and all I can say is educate yourself if you want a fair chance at vaping helping to restore some of your health back.

I guess I see it all too fucking often. One post with OMFG I am dying from vaping. Go to ECF so the Returded1 can ban them~!

I get it, its prob just my boredom and the adderal Haha, I'll type or talk for way too long. As I said to the other reply, I love vaping clearly, and I actually think it's a great tool as well as nicotine. The point to this story is just to bring light to possible symptoms that could mean your vaping ti high or too much. I'm not a doctor, but if anyone reading the post had any parallel problems, it might be a wake up call. Vape on, I hate false propaganda about vaping, It upsets me a lot when I see a poorly backed up study. But also don't like it when I hear too often that they are 100% harmless. Everything in moderation is the key.

I'm fairly certain most are aware too much nicotine can be dangerous....the wattage and type of tank/RDA etc can dictate such.

If you vape 15 watts with a cheap clearomizer at 1.5ohms and use a 18mg juice your probably ok because you don't get very much of that nicotine based on how small of an amount you inhale.

Try 18mg on a dual Clapton .20 ohm rda build at 75w and you'll be sick as a dog after 2 or 3 hits from it.

My story is 5 years vaping and feel better than ever...I can jog around the block without feeling like Mike Tyson just punched me in the chest....I can do alot more before maybe feeling wore out or overly tired...no more smokers cough...no more yellow fingers...no more ashtray smell on my clothes or in my residence.

Not a single story of "vaping caused this or that" will ever make me switch back to smoking and all I can say is educate yourself if you want a fair chance at vaping helping to restore some of your health back.

Your spot on, and I'm realizing that my post might have been a little misleading. I smoked for 10 years and went to vaping in less than a week, its literally a godsend. I'll say the same thing like I did to the other replies, it was ment to keep people conscious of the level and quantity of nicotine they are ingesting. It's sad but true, most people know this already and believe it or not so did I but I had a problem with my self control and wound up spiraling non the less. Just more or less of a heads up for people that might end up with similar symptoms to rule out the nicotine consumption of you can't find any other answers, such as the situation I was in.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My liquid intake during this experience consisted of soda, juice and energy drinks. I should add, I have pretty bad depression on top of the ADD, just caused by hormonal imbalances, also possibly due from diet and lack of exercise. I have since walked a different path I live and feel almost 100% again. Love ya all, pce!

I would suggest sloth and a shitty diet contributed to those problems more than vaping

After 4 posts and not being a member you are just another ANTZ.

Idk what that means, but I never said stop vaping. I can't imagine that someone couldnt a agree to the fact that chaining, at least for some people, can cause problems that come along with high blood pressure and other issues from really high levels of nicotine. Whatever, I was bored, tried to help others that could have been in my situation. First time ever writing in a forum, I guess any reply is a good reply. Means it got out to some people. :/

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Idk what that means,

Antz
An Anti-Vaping or Anti-ECigarette person. They fall into three general categories.

1. Self-Interested. These people are usually politicians, lobbyists or involved in industries that lose profit due to E-Cigarettes such as pharmaceutical companies, MRSA or the WHO. They do not believe the bullshit they spout and do so only to further their own agenda with no concern at all for public health.

2. Mis-Informed. Low intelligence is the main culprit here. These idiots actually believe what they read and see in the Media regarding E-Cigarettes and then go on a rampage against them based entirely on faulty data. These morons fall into the same family as the dullards who fell for the DHMO Dihydrogen Monoxide prank and the Neanderthals that hang about outside court houses throwing rocks at defendants who have yet to be tried (and are thus still innocent).

3. Smokers. This attitude is probably the most reprehensible. Smokers who believe the only valid way to administer nicotine to the bloodstream is by inhaling carcinogenic tobacco smoke. Any other method is viewed by them as degenerate. These twats also seem deluded into thinking using E-Cigarettes is a method of quitting, without having the brain power to comprehend the truth, that it is an alternative not a cure.
Hey, have you seen the bullshit in today's paper claiming vaping gives you Herpes? God damn Antz are at it again.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Idk what that means, but I never said stop vaping. I can't imagine that someone couldnt a agree to the fact that chaining, at least for some people, can cause problems that come along with high blood pressure and other issues from really high levels of nicotine. Whatever, I was bored, tried to help others that could have been in my situation. First time ever writing in a forum, I guess any reply is a good reply. Means it got out to some people. :/
Lots of anti vape people come in to drive by troll and your post fit the mold. Most people understand to control themselves and back off if they get carried away.

Too much of anything is bad, even water.

Chain vaping is not dangerous if you have the right setup and know what you are doing as well as your limits.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I would suggest sloth and a shitty diet contributed to those problems more than vaping

Your most likely right, it was pretty bad. I'm thinking the blood pressure spikes from the nicotine were pushing me to experience these problems a lot easier. Even possibly the nicotine wouldn't have effected me if I maintained a better life style. Regardless, I was still getting more clouds than oxygen Haha, it was my own damn fault for living so shitty and allowing myself to just not care. I guess it was a little hard because I was "fit looking" but inside was decaying. I know this isn't a diet forum, but maybe someone experiencing these symptoms without having any clinical diagnoses might take a second to evaluate them self and consider both. When I was writing it I was more or less talking to myself in the past, well, someone in my situation. Fuck I ramble, sorry hahaha.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Your most likely right, it was pretty bad. I'm thinking the blood pressure spikes from the nicotine were pushing me to experience these problems a lot easier. Even possibly the nicotine wouldn't have effected me if I maintained a better life style. Regardless, I was still getting more clouds than oxygen Haha, it was my own damn fault for living so shitty and allowing myself to just not care. I guess it was a little hard because I was "fit looking" but inside was decaying. I know this isn't a diet forum, but maybe someone experiencing these symptoms without having any clinical diagnoses might take a second to evaluate them self and consider both. When I was writing it I was more or less talking to myself in the past, well, someone in my situation. Fuck I ramble, sorry hahaha.
Blood pressure spikes were from the sodas and energy drinks. Shit will wreck you. Same for the kidney stones. This is still not a warning call for vapers. It's a reminder to execute self control.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Last year I became an unlikely convert to extreme health foods and alternative medicine - there are many of us here

I'd quit vaping all together if I wasn't worried about about an eventual tobacco relapse

vandyman

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Geez the ops description sounds like someone that is hooked on m*th.
Teeth falling out.. LOL..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Captain, I think vaping for nic is generally self-regulating though obviously there are exceptions and outliers.
You are they.

I won't comment on that but I would like to make an aside.

Could I please, please sell you some Carriage Returns?
Bulk rates, super cheap. I promise they'll improve your online experience.

I happen to also love the ellipsis... I'll include several dozen, no charge.

:D

Chain vaping is fun and a lot of people do it. When your teeth start falling out of your mouth and the world is crumbling around you then a person needs to have enough sense to figure out they need to straighten up. This is a foundational principle to being a functional human being.

As a recovering alcoholic I have some sympathy for the plight away from addiction but frankly this sounds like a cop out of personal responsibility for poor judgement. Not a warning call for some unknown inherent danger with vaping. To me your initial statement reads like this and excuse the frankness.

"I cant control myself. Let me warn others of the dangers of lack of control"

I've actually learned quite a bit in the short amount of time I've been reading all the replies. I don't want to make excuses for my actions, and I don't want people to get the wrong idea about vaping that's for sure. I had and still have plenty of issues that I think were more likely the ultimate reason for my symptoms. I'm about 1 of 3 people I know or have ever talked to about vaping so I prob came at it from the wrong angle and with the improper information to express my point. It wasn't necessarily a post to advocate self control, but more or less a pass of experience to inspire someone to also self evaluate their symptoms and possibly cut back if it's too much. I clearly didn't realize any history of this site or how your collective knowledge of the subject or analysis of whatever it was you took from what I said would light so many fuses. I was ignorant to the side effects of nicotine and avoided the speculation of any corrilation. The nicotine was exasperating my symptoms most likely caused by poor diet and exercise or a lack there of. I honestly didn't even consider chain vaping causing any problems, I'm embarrassed I didn't realize it sooner, but I was in a dark fucking place in my head, and that's not an excuse, its ignoring the correct way to live for a self loathing spiral of not giving a shit. Sorry if my post wasn't valid or had a misleading goal. I hope that people reading the original post, and then reading through the thread can maybe understand a little better at the place in my head I was when I wrote this. Sorry for the long reply.

Geez the ops description sounds like someone that is hooked on ****.
Teeth falling out.. LOL..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hahaha yea, it really does look like headline for a anti-vape propaganda campaign hahaha. My bad. The shit really dehydrates me though, no joke. I only recently started taking any medication that makes this worse. I should prob try some different brand juices and possibly checking out a new vape.(a long with cutting back) I was really bad though, I was chiefing that shit wayyyyyy to much, but for the first few years I had a cheap vape pen that didn't effect me at all from chaining. I guess I got into a bad habit and didn't really care to acknowledge the problem, bad on me. Btw I did end up getting 2 molars pulled out this year along with my wisdom teeth. I won't say it was 100% from the dehydration cuz it had a lot to do with my diet, but dry mouth from vaping or anything for that matter should be kept an eye on or taken care of before it can cause problems. My damn adderal and my citalopram that I just started taking give me the worst cotton mouth lol. I have to keep gum around or mints or something, water don't do shit for dry mouth.

Anu

Member For 2 Years
....headline for anti-vape propaganda??? ....more like: “don’t do m*th” advertisement.
I have been chain vaping at high wattage for few years now, and have never experienced any of your symptoms. Too much nicotine will couse stomach sickness, that would stop any further consumption, ...just a personal experience.
Good luck.
Anu

Last edited by a moderator:

Anu

Member For 2 Years
Captain, I think vaping for nic is generally self-regulating though obviously there are exceptions and outliers.
You are they.

I won't comment on that but I would like to make an aside.

Could I please, please sell you some Carriage Returns?
Bulk rates, super cheap. I promise they'll improve your online experience.

I happen to also love the ellipsis... I'll include several dozen, no charge.

:D
Excellent

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I've actually learned quite a bit in the short amount of time I've been reading all the replies. I don't want to make excuses for my actions, and I don't want people to get the wrong idea about vaping that's for sure. I had and still have plenty of issues that I think were more likely the ultimate reason for my symptoms. I'm about 1 of 3 people I know or have ever talked to about vaping so I prob came at it from the wrong angle and with the improper information to express my point. It wasn't necessarily a post to advocate self control, but more or less a pass of experience to inspire someone to also self evaluate their symptoms and possibly cut back if it's too much. I clearly didn't realize any history of this site or how your collective knowledge of the subject or analysis of whatever it was you took from what I said would light so many fuses. I was ignorant to the side effects of nicotine and avoided the speculation of any corrilation. The nicotine was exasperating my symptoms most likely caused by poor diet and exercise or a lack there of. I honestly didn't even consider chain vaping causing any problems, I'm embarrassed I didn't realize it sooner, but I was in a dark fucking place in my head, and that's not an excuse, its ignoring the correct way to live for a self loathing spiral of not giving a shit. Sorry if my post wasn't valid or had a misleading goal. I hope that people reading the original post, and then reading through the thread can maybe understand a little better at the place in my head I was when I wrote this. Sorry for the long reply.

I am going to give you a long reply this time because it warrants it. You may not want to read it if you do not like real talk. It will sting.

I don't believe ADD is a real thing and my lack of sympathy is in the fact you are a 29 year old male. Your post is more a reflection of what is wrong with your generation and lack of personal responsibility for your own actions than a warning call for responsible adults. It is people like you who are twisting the arm of regulators to police those of us who do know how to control ourselves and quite frankly it is disgusting.

Historically people who walked off the edge of a cliff were regarded as idiots and were doing the gene pool and society a favor by having done so (hopefully before procreating). Now your generation blames the cliff for having been to easy to walk off of and they build a fence around the cliff and make it inaccessible to those who have enough sense to steer clear of the edge.

ADD is a cop out for being too lazy to learn how to pay attention to things and a cop out for shitty parenting for not putting in the effort to teach their kids to learn how to pay attention to things. Pharma sees an opportunity to put a name on it and hook some kids on drugs, parents and lazy people see an opportunity to absolve themselves of responsibility by claiming ADD. Everything is now swept under the rug.

All kids are ADD for centuries the prescription and resolution was ass whipping and staying on top of their kids activities. Part of growing up is learning to subdue impulses and control them. A person is doomed to be a failure if they cannot master this basic human tenet. It is a foundation that all other elements of adulthood are based on. You must be able to pay attention to learn and you only can pay attention by practice, not by prescription. This is why we have so many people exposing themselves to children on playgrounds and beta males who cant do anything useful with able bodies. It is pathetic and inexcusable but it is not incurable if a person accepts responsibility for their failure and works to correct it.

At 29 years old you should be in a career of some sort, working on a family and being a man. You should have skills that are benefitting society as a whole and being a part of your community. Now you have a responsibility to get your shit together and get caught up, not make more excuses and try to caution other people like your experience is some kind of normal behavior.

I have made a lot of excuses for some poor choices in my life but got woke and got it together. Was a hard drinker for a lot of years and did a number on my own body. Still somehow managed to get up every morning and go to work, take care of business and function in society like so many others who have struggled with addiction at some point. Its just what people do. They go through it and it either consumes them, they lose everything and eventually die or they pull out of it and make themselves better, stronger and end up benefitting themselves and all of those around them more than they did before. That is growth as a human being.

We were not brought into this world to make excuses, we were brought here carry on bloodlines and advance the human species for more generations. Maybe start with a post in the newbie section and say "Hi, I am Captain Pankake. Nice to meet everyone. Here to learn about vaping and share some experiences"

Leading with vaping is basically a cr*ck addiction in a pro vaping forum is not putting your best foot forward.

There is no sympathy for the devil.

Rant over.

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Antz

1. Self-Interested. These people are usually politicians, lobbyists or involved in industries that lose profit due to E-Cigarettes such as pharmaceutical companies, MRSA or the WHO. They do not believe the bullshit they spout and do so only to further their own agenda with no concern at all for public health.

Yep. This is my pick. I've been seeing a lot more of this kind around forums lately.

I don't have the time or the inclination to point out every one of the obvious signs, but the main one is that only an idiot of a doctor wouldn't have suggested nicotine/vaping as the problem causing chest pain and heart pauses/skips in a patient who (allegedly) had that kind of nicotine intake. Doctors have been trying to control and shame smokers for years and nicotine is a huge offender in heart rhythm problems.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In a sub ohm tank i can't chain vape 6mg without getting sick. 6mg is a good starting point for new vapers but once you start getting into more vapor production you need to lower nic. The way I understand it 6mg would be per a ml and a pack of Marlboro cigarettes is 16mg so most people are likely getting more nic vaping than they did smoking. I vape 3mg but when I did smoke it was 2 packs a day and I think vaping I get about the same amount of nic. If you want to go below 3mg you can get the nic pods and 120ml of 0mg eliquid to get 1.5ml or you could just mix a bottle of 0mg and 3mg

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

It's cool man, thank you for sharing. I notice a couple of those things to a very mild extent if I vape heavily.

Don't beat yourself up for your past, just enjoy the new, healthier lifestyle.

Also don't judge the whole of the forum for the few who would rather pick at your grammar than act like adults who can read just fine without the typing being perfect. I'm struggling lately, myself, to not get an increasingly negative view of many forum members who tend to respond to newer members' posts, or Any post mentioning Any possible negatives of vaping, with belligerance, distain, or assumptions that someone who is new is automatically a troll. Are so many people so jaded? Jeeze.

One thing I gotta disagree with though is mentioning tooth decay, the sodas and energy drinks will cause that, sugars, acids, and caffeine (causing dehydration), Not vaping!

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
My one and only question is......

At what age are wisdom teeth are removed?

You have indicated that you are 29 years of age and had your wisdom teeth and molars pulled within the last year.

I had mine pulled at the age of 20. ( Which I remember like it was yesterday because the oral surgeon sent me home with Aspirin for painkillers and I had to make a run to the liquor store).

Did a quick Google search and found this.

https://www.animated-teeth.com/wisdom_teeth/t9-age-wisdom-tooth-removal.htm

But I will agree along with most folks here that vapers do need to make a point of drinking lot and LOTS of water (Sadly beer does not count).

Personally, I drink a good 16oz of water when I first get up in the morning, then a cup or two of coffee followed by more water. Then Gatorade or Ice Tea in the afternoon/evening.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I lack the patience to parse run-on sentences, bad spelling, and never-ending paragraphs.

It ain't "optional" or "unimportant" - if you want to communicate. You can pull that shit with family or foolish friends, perhaps.

And also, another person who thinks "exasperated" will suffice when they mean "exacerbated" -- people that have a nickel vocabulary shouldn't try to use 50 cent words; it just makes them look even stupider.

I think it's a troll too -- it's real damn easy to use a lower nic level if the nic you use is too much. The idjits at the vape store assured me that all long-term smokers "need" 18mg. It made me so sick, it nearly cured me of vaping completely. so I tried 12mg and it did the same thing, just took a little longer. I didn't blame it on vaping; I blamed it on the fact that my 39 yrs of smoking included smoking ultra-lights for the last 20+, so I had a very low tolerance for nicotine. When I got 6mg, I was able to start vaping regularly -- but see, I have a brain in my head.

Andria

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
It's cool man, thank you for sharing. I notice a couple of those things to a very mild extent if I vape heavily.

Don't beat yourself up for your past, just enjoy the new, healthier lifestyle.

Also don't judge the whole of the forum for the few who would rather pick at your grammar than act like adults who can read just fine without the typing being perfect. I'm struggling lately, myself, to not get an increasingly negative view of many forum members who tend to respond to newer members' posts, or Any post mentioning Any possible negatives of vaping, with belligerance, distain, or assumptions that someone who is new is automatically a troll. Are so many people so jaded? Jeeze.

There is nothing BELLIGERENT or DISDAINFUL about making an educated guess about something one reads-it is called being a critical thinker.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU. I don't think you are anything but an uneducated vaper. There are many stories similar to your own all over the Internet as are many articles telling you what symptoms to look out for concerning nic overload.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to VU. I don't think you are anything but an uneducated vaper. There are many stories similar to your own all over the Internet as are many articles telling you what symptoms to look out for concerning nic overload.

This ^^ there are so many articles relating to nic overdose.. and it’s probably the reason a fair few bring out the pitchforks first, ask questions later

I still keep an open mind on health related issues and vaping, but to me this is clear cut.....the OP ignored the many warning signs along the way.

However better late than never, and you’re still here to tell the tale! which if anything should serve as a “what not to do”

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
This ^^ there are so many articles relating to nic overdose.. and it’s probably the reason a fair few bring out the pitchforks first, ask questions later

I still keep an open mind on health related issues and vaping, but to me this is clear cut.....the OP ignored the many warning signs along the way.

However better late than never, and you’re still here to tell the tale! which if anything should serve as a “what not to do”

I'm not toting any pitchforks, I just think (based on what I read) that it is very unlikely that a doctor - especially $2000 worth of medical care - would not pinpoint excess nicotine as a cause of heart palpitations and chest pain. In my 20 years experience working in the medical field, I can say that doctors bring up smoking in relation to EVERY symptom of that sort. That fact, in combination with the knowledge that I have seen similar posts on multiple forums in the last six months, causes skepticism.

If the OP is telling the truth and not a political/lobby plant, then it is a shame his doctors suck.

After examining the (limited) evidence, I'm just not convinced of the truth of the post.

I'm not calling the OP a liar, but I also don't see enough to convince me the story is truthful.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'm not toting any pitchforks, I just think (based on what I read) that it is very unlikely that a doctor - especially $2000 worth of medical care - would not pinpoint excess nicotine as a cause of heart palpitations and chest pain. In my 20 years experience working in the medical field, I can say that doctors bring up smoking in relation to EVERY symptom of that sort. That fact, in combination with the knowledge that I have seen similar posts on multiple forums in the last six months, causes skepticism.

If the OP is telling the truth and not a political/lobby plant, then it is a shame his doctors suck.

After examining the (limited) evidence, I'm just not convinced of the truth of the post.

I'm not calling the OP a liar, but I also don't see enough to convince me the story is truthful.

Wasn’t directing my comment at you Lestat, just a general, observation. I’d agree with everything you said there ... I think there are gaps in the story for sure, hence why for some the pitchforks were out....

Unhealthy lifestyle

How much was said to the docs

Alternative rule breaking products ....Teeth falling out ....what?

Ignoring obvious nic overdose signs

VU Sponsors