Become a Patron!

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The way I read the OP is that the over indulgence of vaping contributed to the overall symptoms but was not the only contributor. I've experienced similar symptoms when I go overboard on the nicotine. As with many things related to health, moderation and balance is key. Vaping is a much better alternative to smoking but I won't pretend nicotine doesn't have adverse side effects.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yup, sounds like a Troll to me.

Don't forget the Defendor~!

hqdefault.jpg

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
My one and only question is......

At what age are wisdom teeth are removed?

You have indicated that you are 29 years of age and had your wisdom teeth and molars pulled within the last year.

I had mine pulled at the age of 20. ( Which I remember like it was yesterday because the oral surgeon sent me home with Aspirin for painkillers and I had to make a run to the liquor store).

Did a quick Google search and found this.

https://www.animated-teeth.com/wisdom_teeth/t9-age-wisdom-tooth-removal.htm

But I will agree along with most folks here that vapers do need to make a point of drinking lot and LOTS of water (Sadly beer does not count).

Personally, I drink a good 16oz of water when I first get up in the morning, then a cup or two of coffee followed by more water. Then Gatorade or Ice Tea in the afternoon/evening.

I had mine removed at 35. Finally broke two of them in a fight otherwise would have kept them since I had room. Freak of nature.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had mine removed at 35. Finally broke two of them in a fight otherwise would have kept them since I had room. Freak of nature.

Same with me, plenty of room in my jaw, but they *came in* decayed so they had to be removed. It's pretty common in my dad's family, a serious lack of enamel means a lot of really bad teeth. It's *not* always a sign of drug abuse, sometimes it's just faulty genetics.

Andria

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Same with me, plenty of room in my jaw, but they *came in* decayed so they had to be removed. It's pretty common in my dad's family, a serious lack of enamel means a lot of really bad teeth. It's *not* always a sign of drug abuse, sometimes it's just faulty genetics.

Andria

I was looking forward to going full caveman and chewing roots but I got nailed with a sucker punch and a ring and broke the left two. Dentist said my teeth would shift if we didn't even things out. Sometimes having "good enough" genetics doesn't guarantee anything either. Wisdom teeth are like pinky toes. You have them great, lose them no big deal.

Blargh23

Member For 1 Year
Blood pressure spikes were from the sodas and energy drinks. Shit will wreck you. Same for the kidney stones.

And the irregular heartbeat and bad teeth.

Too high a nicotine dose and I feel like I'm gonna puke and the room spins.

Not that nicotine is all that great for you, but non-stop soda is a definite killer.

If you're depressive or bipolar AVOID energy drinks:

1. Caffeine makes the up-down cycle more intense, besides exaggerating the heart wonkiness that comes from anxiety attacks. And can cause sleep issues -- you're already on the fine edge of cray-cray, sleep deprivation is BAD.

2. They're addictive to people with issues because of the B vitamins, which help, but any benefit is offset by the epic caffeine. Get a quality B-Complex instead and combine with a D supplement (and get more sunlight)

Disclaimer: I'm not anything resembling a Doctor. I just have more intimate knowledge of depression/anxiety than I'd like.

Last edited:

Blargh23

Member For 1 Year

Andria

Known a few guys in their 20's that had dentures because of bad genes. I got lucky and got my mom's teeth instead of my dad's. His were a constant mess because he was too stubborn to just have them all yanked.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I had my wisdom teeth pulled at 15 and had full dentures by the time I was 25. I am not an addict, just had bad teeth. Assuming conclusions is something most adults should have outgrown.

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
AL85 with 12mg/18mg you're insane..

Even 8mg would be pretty extreme for that kit..

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
My mom had dentures by age 23 and my dad by 36. Combination of bad genes and we lived on well water - not city water with flouride. I'm getting dentures soon from the combination.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My one and only question is......

At what age are wisdom teeth are removed?

You have indicated that you are 29 years of age and had your wisdom teeth and molars pulled within the last year.

I had mine pulled at the age of 20. ( Which I remember like it was yesterday because the oral surgeon sent me home with Aspirin for painkillers and I had to make a run to the liquor store).

Did a quick Google search and found this.

https://www.animated-teeth.com/wisdom_teeth/t9-age-wisdom-tooth-removal.htm

But I will agree along with most folks here that vapers do need to make a point of drinking lot and LOTS of water (Sadly beer does not count).

Personally, I drink a good 16oz of water when I first get up in the morning, then a cup or two of coffee followed by more water. Then Gatorade or Ice Tea in the afternoon/evening.
Yeah, the wisdom teeth.
Had all 4 of mine pulled in 5 minutes after I arrived at Boot Camp.
What a Bitch! Bled on my pillow so bad that night, looked like Manson made a visit.
I think they only gave me 2 Tylenol also.

Blargh23

Member For 1 Year
If the OP is telling the truth and not a political/lobby plant, then it is a shame his doctors suck..

It's hard anymore to find a doctor that will actually take the time to talk to you and not make medical care a "fast food" grade experience. Here's some drugs, pay the receptionist, GTFO.

Worse if you're poor, then they assume you just want an RX for the drugs and won't even give you those.

"Health Care" is pretty much an oxymoron anymore. It's more like Health Apathy.

Last edited:

Blargh23

Member For 1 Year
I am going to give you a long reply this time because it warrants it. You may not want to read it if you do not like real talk. It will sting.

I don't believe ADD is a real thing and my lack of sympathy is in the fact you are a 29 year old male. Your post is more a reflection of what is wrong with your generation and lack of personal responsibility for your own actions than a warning call for responsible adults. It is people like you who are twisting the arm of regulators to police those of us who do know how to control ourselves and quite frankly it is disgusting.

Societal failure in general. Teachers don't dare do anything to kids to get them under control anymore without risk of getting fired/sued, or parents who are afraid of CPS getting called on them or have been brainwashed into punishment being the "wrong thing to do" because "timeouts" are so much better than a paddling when a kid screws up. So, from early on, kids never get the action = consequence lesson down.

Combine this with the trend of letting electronic devices raise kids without human intervention (i.e. foul-mouth underage twerps in MMO's), then let this all go on for several generations, it's no wonder we've become a nation of highly litigious self-centered man-children with no sense of personal responsibility. [statement about current political situation goes here]

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thread cracked me up.

The OP had a ligitimate vaping concern/advice. Except the issue isn't with the nicotine it's with dehydration. Most of us know the problems with dehydration and vaping. Vapers on this forum have been recommending that vapers drink lots of water since I've been a member.

I've had dehydration problems for years and have many of the same symptoms. Vaping does indeed make it worse. It's not the nicotine that does it, but the PG I think. Anyway, the OP is not a troll. Vaping can indeed cause those symptoms in a person like myself that is prone to dehydration.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This thread cracked me up.

The OP had a ligitimate vaping concern/advice. Except the issue isn't with the nicotine it's with dehydration. Most of us know the problems with dehydration and vaping. Vapers on this forum have been recommending that vapers drink lots of water since I've been a member.

I've had dehydration problems for years and have many of the same symptoms. Vaping does indeed make it worse. It's not the nicotine that does it, but the PG I think. Anyway, the OP is not a troll. Vaping can indeed cause those symptoms in a person like myself that is prone to dehydration.

It's both PG and VG -- they're both hygroscopic in about equal measure, but the emollient effect of VG tends to camouflage it, which in my mind makes it worse -- you won't drink enough if you don't feel the drying effect of PG, you'll keep denying that there is a dehydration problem, as so many high-VG vapers do.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
PG aggravates my skin and tho I like my max vg juices now that the humidity is rising my lungs disagree. Ordered some PEG400 to try out this summer.

VU Sponsors