Become a Patron!

Vapers everywhere - and they can tell you're one of them :)

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've recently installed a iStick atomizer hinge thingy on my mod. But really, that little device isn't terribly well made: on mine, the 510 threads aren't smooth at all. Nothing to write home about, but being a machinist, I easily become obsessive about that sort of thing.

So this morning at work, I figured I'd chase the threads with a 7x0.5 tap at home tonight, to make them nice and smooth. Only I'm impatient, and there's a very well equiped workshop at my company. So during the break, I went there to see if they had the tap, so I could do it right then and there.

The foreman told me to go see a lathe operator at the back of the workshop - a shy guy who didn't talk much and obviously preferred to be left alone - because he had a cupboard full of hard-to-find tools. I asked him, and after rummaging in his pile of stuff for a while, he produced the tap and a tap wrench, and handed them to be.

I proceeded to chase the threads on my adapter in front of him, no really bothering to tell him what the part was for, when out of the blue, he asked:

"How long?"

"How long what?" I replied

"How long have you quit smoking? That's for an electronic cigarette, isn't it?"

Wow, that was unexpected. "Er... yes" I said, "how do you know?"

"M7x0.5 ain't common. I've only ever seen it on e-cigarettes. I've redone the connector on mine. That's how I know."

"Oh, so you vape?"

"Yeah. I quit smoking 5 months ago. My wife made me. She started me on vaping."

And then of course, a long discussion about vaping ensued between the two of us. He turned out to be a lot chattier from then on ;)

You really encounter vape mates in the unlikeliest of places some days :)

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
vape mates...I like that. Cool story too.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i feel like " did you tap that " is a inappropriate comment for this story.. so did you tap that?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i feel like " did you tap that " is a inappropriate comment for this story.. so did you tap that?

Lol

Well, considering the guy looks like the illegitimate son of Lieutenant Columbo and Janet Reno, trails a strong odor of cutting fluid, and, well, is a guy... I don't think so. Eww...

Last edited:

VU Sponsors