Become a Patron!

Vaperstek nic

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Researching for diy. Two different kinds of nic list...both 100mg. One is throat hit nic. Can anyone please explain the difference and how to add?

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One has much more throat hit - the other is much smoother (the more expensive one). Depends what you prefer!

Not sure what you mean 'how to add!' Do you mean how to use it? If so, use a juice calculator like ejuicemeup - and triple check your numbers :)

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Amanda...i mean...been reading a LOT of the diy section. If all goes well i will begin ordering my diy things. I read in one post you use pipetts for measurement? You and HIC have this down to status quo but...me? Think i have much more reading to do. I think you've or HIC suggested reading and taking copious notes for 6 months or so. In a liter bottle say from vaperstek (100mg)...is that for the liter bottle entirely? Premixed? Just follow a recipe?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whether you order 30mls or a liter, the concentration is still 100mg/ml (if that's what you order)! Be careful to keep it away from kids/animals - it's pretty toxic stuff.

I started off trying to be creative, but once I discovered HIC's recipes my results were actually successful :) Just plug it into a recipe calculator, plug in your nic strength and whether it's in pg or vg, and there you go!

I used to use syringes before I moved to weight. Some people use pipettes, but I never liked them.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@poisonsliver vaperstek is really good clean Nic, you won't regret using it. I would get the regular instead of the throat hit unless you're sure that's what you want, especially if you're buying a litre of it.

Also, make sure you get the mix you want, some is mixed in PG and some in VG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When ordering your supplies think before you pull the trigger!!!! I jumped in too quick and ordered waaaaaaay to much stuff, in the end I have been using the same syringes total of 3 haven't used my pipetts at all and been re using my premium bottles:) and the 100mg nic I ordered the 120ml and its half gone and I have made a lot!! It was also vaperstek and it is some good stuff.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes if you order a liter of 100mg nic I highly recommend getting it in VG and buying smaller 60ml amber glass bottles (or how ever much you'd think you'd use in a month or two) and fill those to the BRIM label and toss them in the freezer. Otherwise when you are going to end up with throat hit nic wether or not you want it.

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm...lots to think about. Ok! I think i will go wigh the premium nic. Amanda...i have no children so i don't have to worry about that. Just a well behaved (if stubborn) chow chow :).
Digital scales cheaper but not in budget just yet.

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes if you order a liter of 100mg nic I highly recommend getting it in VG and buying smaller 60ml amber glass bottles (or how ever much you'd think you'd use in a month or two) and fill those to the BRIM label and toss them in the freezer. Otherwise when you are going to end up with throat hit nic wether or not you want it.

Ok...vg nic it will be then. Thank you!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm...lots to think about. Ok! I think i will go wigh the premium nic. Amanda...i have no children so i don't have to worry about that. Just a well behaved (if stubborn) chow chow :).
Digital scales cheaper but not in budget just yet.

Just as an FYI I paid about $15 for mine from Amazon, shipped :) Just keep it away from the dog! (I once dropped a whole bottle of juice I'd made on the floor - worrying, because dogs love the smell...)

I'd recommend PG nic - not VG nic. PG is much easier to work with.

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When ordering your supplies think before you pull the trigger!!!! I jumped in too quick and ordered waaaaaaay to much stuff, in the end I have been using the same syringes total of 3 haven't used my pipetts at all and been re using my premium bottles:) and the 100mg nic I ordered the 120ml and its half gone and I have made a lot!! It was also vaperstek and it is some good stuff.

Roger that bro! (120Ml) keep that advice comin yall :)

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
PG nic has the throat hit, VG nic is the smooth one. I always buy VG nic because I worry less about splashing it anywhere (dangerous!) and because it allows me to make higher VG juices. Always buy several large dark glass bottles to transfer all your nic to and fill them to the brim leaving little to no air in them. Once transferred put your bottles into a ziploc bag in the freezer except the one you are using, keep that one in the fridge.

ALWAYS wear gloves, protective eye gear, long sleeve shirts and long pants when working with 100mg nic base just for full protection. Nic at that concentration level is hazardous.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 on the protective gloves and try your best not to get it on you... if you do immediately wash the effected area...

I also see where some people have suggested VG and PG nic and some have explained it a bit... I think it's always best to explain why you're suggesting a particular kind because what I like may not be what you like...

Like has been said before... PG in general is known for throat hit.. the more PG=more throat hit. However, PG is also known for carrying flavor a bit more than VG... I'm not so sure that you will be adding enough of your nic to your juices to really be able to tell a difference in Vg vs PG but many people who go for the max VG do purchase the VG nic... (I think that you can even get it half PG and half VG if you want...)

The biggest difference is the density of the liquid... VG is a lot thicker than PG and is much harder to get into a syringe with a 18 gauge needle attached... I opted for the PG nic for this reason alone...it's much easier to work with if you're using syringes... however many people have their own preferences..

Also I'm not sure that I'd purchase a full liter right off.... I'd purchase the 120ml first and make sure that's the one you're wanting to continue with... Just for reference I got the 120ml of 100mg PG nic and I vape 3mg nic so for every 10ml of juice I'm only adding .3ml of nic... so in a 120ml of nic I can mix up 4000ml of juice! Seeing as I vape about 5 mls a day, this bottle of nic should last me about 2 years... lol... imagine how long a liter will last! Granted you may vape higher mg of nic but still this should help put it into perspective a bit... nic lasts awhile!

I feel like there was another point that I was wanting to make but I'm very low on sleep as I've worked all night and it's my bedtime and I got off track a bit in my calculations in my last point...

I definitely recommend doing your research! If you have any questions let us know, there are many great people here who are more than willing to help!

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just as an FYI I paid about $15 for mine from Amazon, shipped :) Just keep it away from the dog! (I once dropped a whole bottle of juice I'd made on the floor - worrying, because dogs love the smell...)

Oooooh!!! Nice!!! Have to stretch this here budget. Hoping yall are here to help wben i get budget together and jump in :)

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have any experience with Amazon nic but I've read on here about some nics being received non vapeable, or with a peppery taste etc... Vaperstek has a great nic... there are several threads on here about that very thing... I would recommend vaperstek, granted it is the only nic I've tried but I know it will be the only nic I ever buy... Crystal clear, tasteless and odorless... which isn't the case with some other nics.

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I manufacture juice - Vapers Tek is the only one I use anymore. The "sweet" one is worth the slightly higher cost - unless you are looking for the throat hit sensation. The quality is exceptional. Most nicotine sources turn brown as they age - VT's turns pinky peach. I believe the difference is the point of origin and the solvents used in the extraction. I believe the normal less peppery one is made in the UK. The peppery one is probably India or China.

Last edited:

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 on the protective gloves and try your best not to get it on you... if you do immediately wash the effected area...

I also see where some people have suggested VG and PG nic and some have explained it a bit... I think it's always best to explain why you're suggesting a particular kind because what I like may not be what you like...

Like has been said before... PG in general is known for throat hit.. the more PG=more throat hit. However, PG is also known for carrying flavor a bit more than VG... I'm not so sure that you will be adding enough of your nic to your juices to really be able to tell a difference in Vg vs PG but many people who go for the max VG do purchase the VG nic... (I think that you can even get it half PG and half VG if you want...)

The biggest difference is the density of the liquid... VG is a lot thicker than PG and is much harder to get into a syringe with a 18 gauge needle attached... I opted for the PG nic for this reason alone...it's much easier to work with if you're using syringes... however many people have their own preferences..

Also I'm not sure that I'd purchase a full liter right off.... I'd purchase the 120ml first and make sure that's the one you're wanting to continue with... Just for reference I got the 120ml of 100mg PG nic and I vape 3mg nic so for every 10ml of juice I'm only adding .3ml of nic... so in a 120ml of nic I can mix up 4000ml of juice! Seeing as I vape about 5 mls a day, this bottle of nic should last me about 2 years... lol... imagine how long a liter will last! Granted you may vape higher mg of nic but still this should help put it into perspective a bit... nic lasts awhile!

I feel like there was another point that I was wanting to make but I'm very low on sleep as I've worked all night and it's my bedtime and I got off track a bit in my calculations in my last point...

I definitely recommend doing your research! If you have any questions let us know, there are many great people here who are more than willing to help!
Thank you for explaining in depth about the nic mg issue. I am vaping about the same mls per day. I originally started with juice at 18mg nic and am down to 12 or less so your reference of point as to how long 120 ml at 100 mg and how to mix is grrreat. Your posts are very well received. Thank you.

How much do you project my diy expenses to run?

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aside from vg, pg and nic... What is a proposed list of items i would like to start off with? Can I get these from one site to save shipping costs? Amanda mentioned ebay digital scale with free shipping. Chibba mention bottles. Mind you, i have much to learn. Am loving all of the feedback. Thank you for the encouragement :)

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
check out bullcityvapor.com they are where I bought everything but the nic...

I started off with 10 plastic 30ml bottles (I'd recommend 15) 50 cents a each...
3- 10ml luer lock syringes-75 cents each
3- 1ml luer lock syringes-75 cents each(1 designated ONLY for nic... you don't want to get to mixing that stuff into your flavors on accident)
4- 18 gauge 1.5inch blunt tip needles 45 cents each
4- 30ml tinted glass bottles with Phenolic cone lined caps- $1 each
240 ml of PG- $4.25
240 ml VG (Have since bought another 480ml of VG) -$4.25 for 240 ml $7.25 for 480ml
Nic- 120 ml at 100mg PG from vaperstek- $20

So you're at $46.30 without tax and shipping....

Now your real cost will come in flavorings... you can be just as cheap or as expensive as you want... I believe FlavourArt (FA) flavors are generally $3.25 on Bull City Vapor (BCV) but it adds up quickly, especially when you begin looking into the recipe sections here and start coming up with your own! I've only gotten about 20 flavors now but many people on here have a great deal more!

Also just for reference if you mix 50PG and 50 VG the 240 ml of PG and VG will last you about 96 days at 5ml per day. Ofcourse that is if you dont waste any or make a bad batch... but still A Lot cheaper than premium juices and you get the same if not better quality in DIY...

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh and get ready for the free shipping evil ploys.....at bullcity they tell you how much you need to get free shipping and the trickory works for me every F ing time....I'm like hmmm shipping is 12 bucks that's like 5 more flavors and I'm at 60 bucks why not go to 75 to get free shipping it boggles my mind. They know what they are doing:)

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
check out bullcityvapor.com they are where I bought everything but the nic...

I started off with 10 plastic 30ml bottles (I'd recommend 15) 50 cents a each...
3- 10ml luer lock syringes-75 cents each
3- 1ml luer lock syringes-75 cents each(1 designated ONLY for nic... you don't want to get to mixing that stuff into your flavors on accident)
4- 18 gauge 1.5inch blunt tip needles 45 cents each
4- 30ml tinted glass bottles with Phenolic cone lined caps- $1 each
240 ml of PG- $4.25
240 ml VG (Have since bought another 480ml of VG) -$4.25 for 240 ml $7.25 for 480ml
Nic- 120 ml at 100mg PG from vaperstek- $20

So you're at $46.30 without tax and shipping....

Now your real cost will come in flavorings... you can be just as cheap or as expensive as you want... I believe FlavourArt (FA) flavors are generally $3.25 on Bull City Vapor (BCV) but it adds up quickly, especially when you begin looking into the recipe sections here and start coming up with your own! I've only gotten about 20 flavors now but many people on here have a great deal more!

Also just for reference if you mix 50PG and 50 VG the 240 ml of PG and VG will last you about 96 days at 5ml per day. Ofcourse that is if you dont waste any or make a bad batch... but still A Lot cheaper than premium juices and you get the same if not better quality in DIY...

Don't buy PG and VG there. Get the Essential Depot brand on Amazon which ships free with a $35 order. It's the best I've come across, not just in price but in quality.

http://smile.amazon.com/Essential-Depot-Propylene-Glycol-Quart/dp/B005F5OJG6
http://smile.amazon.com/Glycerin-Vegetable-Kosher-USP-43/dp/B004C7MTLA

Then find yourself some luer lock syringes or bottles to complete the $35 for free shipping. Or grab this sale and be set for ages:
http://smile.amazon.com/Vegetable-Glycerin-Gallon-Propylene-Glycol/dp/B00Z2CC7Q6

If you use syringes for measuring, grab these for VG, totally worth the wait:
http://smile.amazon.com/SODIAL-Stainless-Dispensing-Needle-2-05mm/dp/B00HUHC6FI

BTW, I only buy at Bull City Vapor for flavoring but I keep massive amounts of my favorites on hand, buying 4oz bottles of Cappella's when I can. If you love one flavor in particular, see if you can find it at HartlandVapes instead because you can often pick up 16oz bottles there which reduces price per ml tremendously.

Last edited:

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
I bought RTS 100mg 1L PG base, and over the course of a year, the last dribbles are still just great

I'd probably use VT if I was in the EU

Buying a 200mg eCigExpress PG base... Hopefully it's sourced in NA

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
We share Labour Day? I always assume our federal holidays don't line up :p

Have a nice 4 day weekend coming up!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Yes for ease of use go pg. But if you're getting enough to store you want vg. VG nic will last longer in the same conditions.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes for ease of use go pg. But if you're getting enough to store you want vg. VG nic will last longer in the same conditions.

I thought it was the other way around? (Not that I think anyone's actually stored it long enough it's become an issue).

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for explaining in depth about the nic mg issue. I am vaping about the same mls per day. I originally started with juice at 18mg nic and am down to 12 or less so your reference of point as to how long 120 ml at 100 mg and how to mix is grrreat. Your posts are very well received. Thank you.

How much do you project my diy expenses to run?

Total? Like once you get the flavor bug and like Pokémon, you got to get them all. Expensive,overtime, looking at the total picture. Not much starting out I've dishwashed a lot of my purchased bottles and used those. Maybe 40-50 to start though.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't buy PG and VG there. Get the Essential Depot brand on Amazon which ships free with a $35 order. It's the best I've come across, not just in price but in quality.

http://smile.amazon.com/Essential-Depot-Propylene-Glycol-Quart/dp/B005F5OJG6
http://smile.amazon.com/Glycerin-Vegetable-Kosher-USP-43/dp/B004C7MTLA

Then find yourself some luer lock syringes or bottles to complete the $35 for free shipping. Or grab this sale and be set for ages:
http://smile.amazon.com/Vegetable-Glycerin-Gallon-Propylene-Glycol/dp/B00Z2CC7Q6

If you use syringes for measuring, grab these for VG, totally worth the wait:
http://smile.amazon.com/SODIAL-Stainless-Dispensing-Needle-2-05mm/dp/B00HUHC6FI

BTW, I only buy at Bull City Vapor for flavoring but I keep massive amounts of my favorites on hand, buying 4oz bottles of Cappella's when I can. If you love one flavor in particular, see if you can find it at HartlandVapes instead because you can often pick up 16oz bottles there which reduces price per ml tremendously.

I'm not going to release any information, that I know but either place is acceptable, wouldn't go one over the other. If you want to go all in one go BullCity, if you want to make multiple purchases at different places go ED.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I thought it was the other way around? (Not that I think anyone's actually stored it long enough it's become an issue).
You know what. It is. My brain is messing with me this morning! Thanks for the correction

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also I cheat. My wife work in the OR and I use these catheters (kind of like for an iv but about 4 times the size) for vg.

Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Don't forget the labor days sales. ECX might have a decent sale. They usually do. IDK if on nic tho. I'm planning on buying a liter this time.

Keep an eye out for that 30% code ;)

EDIT*
LABORDAY30 is good for 30% off all flavorings excluding Capella & Lorann.

Last edited:

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
I hadn't seen these before. Less that $2.50 and free shipping at that price. 'Couldn't resist!

Thanks, @ChibiChula!
Yeah, I couldn't resist either. 12 gauge needles make measuring VG with a syringe so much easier and they are completely metal so they should last much longer than the half plastic ones. Glad I could help you out. :D

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
EXC has a good price on a liter of 100mg nic rirht now 39`99 last I got was crystal clear

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I looked and I didn't see it. I just got in a liter but my frugal side is inquisitive and needs to know. :).
It's still listed at 52.99 for a liter. Now, I'm just stalking cuz of my curiosity. Coupon code?

P.S. I love the nic. Packaged right and sealed.
Artemis, that's strange I just now went to their site and under wholesale 36 to 200mg it still says 39`99 for a liter. We are talking about eCig Express {ECX} right? Their nic is pretty good, especially at that price. Hope this helps>

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I looked and I didn't see it. I just got in a liter but my frugal side is inquisitive and needs to know. :).
It's still listed at 52.99 for a liter. Now, I'm just stalking cuz of my curiosity. Coupon code?

P.S. I love the nic. Packaged right and sealed.
Was that with shipping included?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, They get you one way or another. I used to get a lot from them but one time I needed a couple bottles of flavoring [30 ml] desperately and the shipping was $10+ got on chat with them and they said they only pass along actual shipping charges. {I am in central Illinois} so I tried BC, about the same distance, shipping was $3. So now I only get certain items from them only on occasion. I really like their nic. and their selection cant be beat but their shipping:eek:

VU Sponsors