Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Sorry @Codexe that this happened to you!
Have you talked to your mailman? I know I would! He put the package in someone's mail box- maybe one of your neighbors, maybe one of your roommates has it.Too bad you waited so long - I would have hunted him down the next day! They scan those packages before they slip them in the post box as delivered. Either that or it was stolen from your porch or doorway!
Since VapeWild won't file the claim- I would do a charge back- you did not receive your package that you paid for. That action may force them to file a postal claim as they don't want to be out their money either!
Just to be clear- VapeWild are not thieves, they sent you a product- it is the Postal Service that are thieves!
VapeWild dropped the ball with customer service and filing a postal claim for a mis-delivered package as they are the ones that need to file this complaint!

Last edited:

Steve St

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe one of your neighbors took your package, not Vape Wilds fault it was delivered to your door and you didn't get it, should have checked your mail the day it posted delivered instead of 8 days later, maybe your carrier delivered to the wrong address... check with your neighbors

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
According to Canada Post website, sender must initiate the search - Canada post is very clear on that
Yes they may be clear on it.. however vapewild didn't send via Canada Post, they sent via usps. Which means Canada Post is the customer of usps, not vape wild directly. For instance if I were to send something via courier A and they then handed off to courier B who I didn't select or directly do business with, what order number would I ask courier B to look for? They would have no record of receiving a package from me, only a record of receiving a package from courier A which is why this poses a problem.

That's why it makes even more sense for the customer to initiate and query the last hands to touch something. I've ordered from places who use fed ex which in turns hands off to usps for the final drop. If it isn't delivered, I can't very well ask the company. They dealt with fed ex, not usps. That's a fed ex/usps transaction. Not talking rules of who 'can' or 'can't', just using basic logic.

Either way it only makes sense to question the last person who claimed to have handled it, anyone prior to that is a moot point. Obviously everyone upstream did their job up until the last one to claim possession of the package. If it had gone south with vape wild or usps then Canada Post wouldn't have had it at all and would make no sense for them to say delivered, missed delivery etc. Instead they would say 'what package?' not 'oh we delivered that'.

Like I said before, it could have gotten erroneously marked as delivered, stolen off a porch or out of a mail box, delivered to the wrong address, still sitting on a truck somewhere and someone marked it 'delivered' because they didn't want to make a return trip or explain why something wasn't delivered. None of which are within vape wild's control.

They state on their website (showing it's out of their control/hands once it crosses the border and leaves the hands of the courier - usps or fedex) the following.
"Please note that although tracking numbers are provided for every shipment, not all shipments continue to track once they leave the U.S. This is based strictly on the tracking capabilities of your local post carrier." Since Canada Post claimed ownership of it, it's on them.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Since Canada Post claimed ownership of it, it's on them.

As Canada Post keeps telling the OP that the sender has to initiate the claim and he cannot as the receiver - the sender has to ask to make the inquiry or OP is SOL

Fairness and logic doesn't come into play when dealing with these types of institutions

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The sender had no direct dealings with canada post. Time to start holding local mail more responsible, maybe they should change the rules. In any case, blame is being placed where it doesn't belong. If we're to believe that Canada Post had possession of the package, it's not up to people from all over the world to try and delve across borders trying to find out whether they did their job or not. It either got misdelivered, stolen or something else happened to it in Canada. The u.s. company and the u.s. shipping they used apparently did what they were supposed to. The only other solution is to hold someone's hand and hand deliver the thing in person. I do feel sorry for the op and would hate having to deal with a mail service which seems to take little responsibility in their duties to get a package from point A to point B. Which I'm sure is why the disclaimers are posted on vapewild's site regarding international shipping.

It just doesn't seem to make sense to be mad at vapewild and accuse them of being a ripoff because either the package was taken by someone else or Canada Post couldn't get the job done. Serious misplacement of blame.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape WIld is usually really nice to me. I quite Zamplebox with Vape WIld. They use great flavorings. Like Capella etc.. Good luck bud.

Codexe

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was supposed to receive it thursday. When I messaged vw on friday to let them know it was marked as delivered but I hadnt received it, they told me that it would most probably arrive on friday, and that sometimes parcels were marked as delivered a day early. So I waited. Monday was Canadian thanksgiving so everything was closed. I tried calling and messaging since Tuesday until Friday.
Also the tracking number worked in Canada as well, not just in USA. So they do have a tracking number.
And I was home all day on thursday and friday so I could receive my package. My neighbors are parents with kids and Im pretty sure no one else in my block vapes.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I suggested sending an email, but you did not want to wait or whatever reason you had for not sending a Direct Communication. In my opinion it would have taken less time to type up and send that email instead of constantly whining in this thread.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
How is messaging them directly through facebook worse than email ? It's faster, more personal and I know Im not talking with a guy who sends memes to customers who are having issues. There's literally no way in which it's better. I might do it if the facebook chat doesnt amount to anything.
And I dont see how Im being negative, youre the one who seems upset just because I didnt take your advice right away
Email is your best bet, with a link to Canadian postal requirements. Maybe slower but may work.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you tried to slip one past the goalie and it backfired. My guess is, its your postman. He/she kept it.

Codexe

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So finally I talked with Zach and he got a customer service rep to email me.
They're going to send me a replacement package without the coils, which is still pretty awesome.
This time the customer service was as good as advertised and resolution was quick.
Will update when I receive the package

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
So finally I talked with Zach and he got a customer service rep to email me.
They're going to send me a replacement package without the coils, which is still pretty awesome.
This time the customer service was as good as advertised and resolution was quick.
Will update when I receive the package

I am glad they were able to help you! Yes please update when your package arrives!
:bliss:

Codexe

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Received the replacement package today. There was 90ml of juice more than I had ordered, so worth a little bit more than the coils I had ordered in the first package. Juice tastes good and I am a happy customer. Sucks for the lost package though and the time I wasted getting the replacement

VU Sponsors