Become a Patron!

Vaping 20mg salt nic in rda

NWOVaper

Member For 1 Year
So a couple days ago I tried it in my Drop with a .81 ohm Clapton coil and it really wasn't too bad, but could be better...

Can anyone give suggestions on what type of coil might be best for this?

Definitely looking for a 1+ ohm single coil. Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you used that juice in other vape if so what? We're you a smoker?

If i used 20mg I would run it at 10 watts or less and 1 ohm or higher using 28 or smaller plain wire. But i doubt you would get a good vape from that atty like that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

NWOVaper

Member For 1 Year
Have you used that juice in other vape if so what? We're you a smoker?

If i used 20mg I would run it at 10 watts or less and 1 ohm or higher using 28 or smaller plain wire. But i doubt you would get a good vape from that atty like that.

Yeah I have it in my breeze 2 with the 1 ohm coil and I was a heavy smoker. 2 packs of captain blacks a day... It seemed to be decent with 2-4 holes open.

So basically use plain 28G wire?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Here is my suggestion:

Use a single coil 26ga kanthal with 9 wraps & 2 mm inside diameter

Run it around 15 to 20 watts depending on your preference.

It should come in at 0.95 ohms.

http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html?r=0.95&awg=26&id=2&ll=4

If you want to use less wraps or do not have enough room for 9 you can make the wire 3 mm inside diameter and it will come out to 7 wraps and 1 ohm.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Or since the Drop RDA is made for dual coils you could do dual 30ga kanthal 3mm diameter coils 6 wraps each and it would be 1 ohm.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I have it in my breeze 2 with the 1 ohm coil and I was a heavy smoker. 2 packs of captain blacks a day... It seemed to be decent with 2-4 holes open.

So basically use plain 28G wire?

Been using the Breeze II with 45mg n-salts....damn, one hit and it's placed on the table for about an hour. Bought some Dr Salty Chitz juice....it's not bad tho

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Been using the Breeze II with 45mg n-salts....damn, one hit and it's placed on the table for about an hour. Bought some Dr Salty Chitz juice....it's not bad tho

I have been using Mr. Salt at 25mg/ml in the Aspire Gusto Mini
Smoother then 6mg/ml regular nic in a subohm device and I vape 4 to 5 times less juice per month.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's my experience with nicotine levels .... the smaller the coil and lower the wattage the high the mg can be....

For me nic in the bottle requirement are determined by how many MLS of juice I need thought the day in total... depending on build and atty I may use from 5 to 20 mg of juice in single day... but i regardless I use between 40 and 60 mg of nic per day. If I'm using an atty that will consume 5 ml that day the nic will be between 8mg/ml and 12.. if I am consuming 20 ml the nic level is around 3mg/ml. Regardless the total nic is always in the same range.

NWOVaper

Member For 1 Year
Or since the Drop RDA is made for dual coils you could do dual 30ga kanthal 3mm diameter coils 6 wraps each and it would be 1 ohm.
Any good single coil rdas you'd recommend? Probably gonna get the wasp nano soon, I've wanted that for a while now. Seems like such a nice little atty

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a v1 goblin mini setup single coil, simple ni80 coil at .61 ohms. Sits on an old yet remarkably great little ipv d2 set to 29 watts/4.2v.

Works well for the 25mg/l salt juice, but I can almost chain it if I'm not paying attention. Filled with the 4.0% (which I think is like 48mg/l) however, I've got to put that sucker down after a few pulls.

Got a Cthulhu Hastur Mini on the slow boat as I type this. Hoping it'll be a good match for the salts. Been a long time since I've tried a true mtl device, so we'll see.

VU Sponsors