Become a Patron!

Vaping Actually Changed My Life....

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello Fellow Foggers,

I hail from Ontario,Canada and I have been a smoker for 15+ years. I was a Pack-a-day puffer of cancer sticks but I moved on to other things like Pipe tobacco and Cigars. I could not remember going a day without smoking anything it was bad I mean I'm only 29 and i needed to make a change in my health. Upon hearing the news of a close family member being diagnosed with Cancer I knew I had to make a change and as unfortunate as it was to have to hear that terrible news to have me wake up, It Worked!!

I have been trying to quit for about two years and I tried everything from the patch, gum, inhaler, cold turkey, pills even the ego type vape pens. Nothing worked until a friend brought me to a local vape shop three weeks ago and i bought this.

Eleaf stick 30w with a Kangertech Nano.

This setup has worked wonderfully for me this past 3 weeks here is what i use as my setup.

416 Vapes
Strawberry Fusion
30% PG 70%VG
6MG NIC - 3MG NIC (will be starting 0MG soon)

Nano
1.2 ohm Coil
Full Open Airway
Wide Bore Derlin Drip Tip (not shown in photo)

Istick
25w
1.8 - 2.1 Second pulls
Lung Hits

I am Excited to say I have not had a Cigarette Since!!!!

Anyway I look forward to expanding my knowledge and sharing experiences with all of you.

Smokeybear (Andrew)

Attachments

• vapezero.jpg
    vapezero.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 19

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Always good to have a new member.

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As i read on through the forum i noticed a lot of members don't like long posts lol.

Coming from a pipe smoking forum i have been engrained to write novels while posting so i will do my best to suppress that.

In an Eggshell thanks to vaping i was finally able to quit smoking...

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
10387552_10153095415652889_1678018290972267548_n.jpg

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As i read on through the forum i noticed a lot of members don't like long posts lol.

Coming from a pipe smoking forum i have been engrained to write novels while posting so i will do my best to suppress that.

In an Eggshell thanks to vaping i was finally able to quit smoking...
Welcome to the underground! I don't think anyone has a problem with long posts, I just think most of us are too lazy to type a lot lol

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to The Underground!

First I have heard of folks around here not liking long post.

But please for my sake, use small words and lots of colorful pictures:D

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice setup man! I've been recommending that same setup for anybody I know that's serious about quitting the death sticks. The OG subtank is what finally got me over the edge where it was like "oh, ok I really can just vape and don't even need a cigarette any more!"

Good luck and enjoy VU!

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice setup man! I've been recommending that same setup for anybody I know that's serious about quitting the death sticks. The OG subtank is what finally got me over the edge where it was like "oh, ok I really can just vape and don't even need a cigarette any more!"

Good luck and enjoy VU!

Ya this is the setup they gave my at the Vape shop.

I really enjoy the Nano it easy to use and i get great flavor out of it. I actually just picked up the Mini yesterday so i can try my hand at rebuilding coils for the first time among other reasons.

1) I needed a tank that held more juice the Nano is great but i was going through 3-4 fills a day and it burned out quickly for me.
2) The 0.5 ohm Coils didn't work really good in the Nano the 1.2 ohm ones really shined with this tank but they burn out within 5-7 days of constant use.
3) The coils are 24$ before tax for a pack of 5 although its cheaper then a pack of smokes @ 15$ a day i didn't want to get into spending more then i needed to. ( keep in mind I am talking CAD $)
4) I like to own a few tanks in the future so might as well start buying them lol i wanna try the delta and the MELO next.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I'm kind of using the same setup as you. Mine is just a little bigger :)

20150224_133421.jpg

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
NIce,

I will most likely upgrade in the future maybe the 50w Istick or if I enjoy rebuilding i may try a Mech Mod who knows. i have a bad habit of jumping balls deep in any hobby i start.

Well i enjoy it...Can't say that my Wife feels the same way though lol

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is a great price actually, the MELO here will run me $36.00 Tax in which may be about the same if you include shipping to Canada and the exchange rate, but regardless its still worth checking out, Thanks for the links 5150sick!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Keep your eyes on the Canada blog
Tyger lives up there and posts deals that are either from Canada or are Canada friendly price & shipping wise.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya this is the setup they gave my at the Vape shop.

I really enjoy the Nano it easy to use and i get great flavor out of it. I actually just picked up the Mini yesterday so i can try my hand at rebuilding coils for the first time among other reasons.

1) I needed a tank that held more juice the Nano is great but i was going through 3-4 fills a day and it burned out quickly for me.
2) The 0.5 ohm Coils didn't work really good in the Nano the 1.2 ohm ones really shined with this tank but they burn out within 5-7 days of constant use.
3) The coils are 24$ before tax for a pack of 5 although its cheaper then a pack of smokes @ 15$ a day i didn't want to get into spending more then i needed to. ( keep in mind I am talking CAD $)
4) I like to own a few tanks in the future so might as well start buying them lol i wanna try the delta and the MELO next.

Haha you sounds like me. It becomes it's own addiction fast! But hey at least at the end of the day with this addiction you've got some shiny metal things instead of cancer and emphysema :D

I'm about to snag a mini ST for myself, I have the OG subtank but I hate having to change out the top cap to switch to the RBA deck. You probably won't need it right away but I'd suggest looking into a box that can put out a bit more powers, if you're looking into the MELO/Delta they can run some low-ohm coils that taste great and put out some fantastic clouds but you gotta have the available wattage. I'd recommend something like the sigelei 100+ or 150. Even if you're not going super sub-ohm on them the extra battery life is great!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yes, The battery life is so much better in a dual 18650 anything than a single battery mod.

Subtank on a 50 watt IPV V2 @ 33 watts - 1/2 day

Subtank on 150 watt Sigelei @ 36 watts - 4 days

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
BTW:
IPV V2 - $79.00
Sigelei 150 watt V2 - $89.00

Triple the power and double the battery for $10.00 more.
That's a no brainer

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
But honestly your best bet since you already have something that works well for you would be to take your time and shop around.
No need to rush into anything.
You might see a really good deal pop up.

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ya thats a good deal my friend who brought me to the vape shop in the first place actually bought the Sigelei 150w when i got the istick.so ill ask him how hes liking it.

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whoa just read a few horror stories on Mech mods unregulated... ya so i think im going to stick to regulated box mods for this hobby. i have no interest in holding pipe bombs in my pocket. Especially being Arabic that would just look bad for my image or blow off my goods. Either way i pick safety first.

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whoa just read a few horror stories on Mech mods unregulated... ya so i think im going to stick to regulated box mods for this hobby. i have no interest in holding pipe bombs in my pocket. Especially being Arabic that would just look bad for my image or blow off my goods. Either way i pick safety first.
You just gotta make sure you have a ohm reader or a multimeter to check builds before you try them. But I don't blame you at all for wanting to learn on a regulated mod, you'd think I was defusing a bomb the first few times I built. Had me sweating bullets. BTW your sentence before the last had me literally laughing out loud haha

Blade

Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the VU! I made a similar post the other day. I'm glad you found something that works for ya. I'm still on my eGo T with a simple CE4 tank, but I'm looking at other setups an waiting for a bargain. Be well an vape on!

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU! I made a similar post the other day. I'm glad you found something that works for ya. I'm still on my eGo T with a simple CE4 tank, but I'm looking at other setups an waiting for a bargain. Be well an vape on!

Well I'm no expert on vaping but I can say with confidence that this set up hasn't let me down and I would recommend it to a friend.

Thanks for the welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors