Become a Patron!

Vaping And Beer

simplynewt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have heard that vaping dehydrates you. That you should hydrate yourself while you are vaping as to replace the fluids you are loosing due to vaping. Being that beer is a dieretic (Probablly Mispelled), how bad could it be if you vaped like a chimney all night and only had beer coming in?

I suppose it would be like vaping all day and only having coffee to drink.

How critical is it to properly hydrate yourself?

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If your well hydrated going into the night. And you hydrate well at the end of the night. I think you'd be more than golden. Never been an issue. Hydrate when vaping and hydrate when drinking. They go together perfectly!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just have both booze AND water when vaping. Problem solved. :D

Right now, I have a beer and my usual mug of ice water...I'm good.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im drinking around 5 bottles of water minimum a day, no dryness issues whatsoever!

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get dehydrated a lot at work during the summer. When i do, the water fountain is my best friend for a minute. I've noticed, usually at work, that vaping speeds up the dehydration. The only problems i've had with vaping and drinking are usually on the weekend cards night. 10 - 12 beers in, i can feel the dehydration kicking in bad. Take a break & drink water, and more water right before bed. Good to go.

EDIT: On liquor nights, ice in the drink. Multiple problems solved with only one glass used :D

Fuzzy Bruce

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In the hotter months I sometimes drink American style beer poured over ice. Problem with dehydration solved!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also, irony: that joke mug says "12 ounces at a time", but it's a 24 ounce mug. SMH...

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Semi related here:
Those of us who drink know how after so many drinks and then having a smoke would accelerate the drunken feel. Has anyone noticed that same acceleration while vaping? I don't think I have, but just now is the first time I've thought of it. Something I'm gonna have to pay attention to.

simplynewt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I havent really noticed that but I do get very thirsty and it is hard to keep cold beer in the fridge.

Simply Newt

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping doesn't dehydrate me for some reason. But I do tend to stay very, very well hydrated nonetheless. You can't possibly live in Belgium and skip the beer experience here.

So to answer your question (vaping and beer - that was a question, right?), the answer is yes.

The only question is, what do you vape with what beer, whether it also goes well with the particular local cheese they serve with certain beers - or whether peanuts or pistachios would work better than the cheese. Or salty crackers... Or whether you'd rather have the cheese *and* a pistachio-flavored vape. And there are over 400 varieties of beers in this country, so the combinations are infinite!

Tricky decisions to make almost daily, let me tell you...

Here's my favorite combination these days: Westvleteren 12 trappist beer + Mont d'Or vacherin cheese + VDLV Hazelnut juice.

Westvleteren-beer.jpg

images

phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg

images

e-liquide-noisette-nouvelle-recette.jpg

Equals.jpg

Oh-Hell-Yeah.png

Last edited:

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping doesn't dehydrate me for some reason. But I do tend to stay very, very well hydrated nonetheless. You can't possibly live in Belgium and skip the beer experience here.

So to answer your question (vaping and beer - that was a question, right?), the answer is yes.

The only question is, what do you vape with what beer, whether it also goes well with the particular local cheese they serve with certain beers - or whether peanuts or pistachios would work better than the cheese. Or salty crackers... Or whether you'd rather have the cheese *and* a pistachio-flavored vape. And there are over 400 varieties of beers in this country, so the combinations are infinite!

Here's my favorite combination these days: Westvleteren 12 trappist beer + Mont d'Or vacherin cheese + VDLV Hazelnut juice.

Westvleteren-beer.jpg

images

images

Equals.jpg

Oh-Hell-Yeah.png
My dad's side of the family is mostly Belgian. I like my beer. Have a new fondness for cheese, especially as a side. And I like racing. I think spa is one the best tracks in the world. You're not helping me here... :D

EDIT: Belgian grand prix in a few hours too. Should be good

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Beer and Vaping?

I am all for it!

Me, I have a water cooler installed in my kitchen. And I start the day with a glass of water or three, take one of those big assed 64 oz insulated Speedway gas station mugs with me when I leave the house filled with ice tea or just water with a bit of lemon with some ice and sip myway through the day with refilles as needed.

So by the time it is beer 30 I am as hydrated as I am likely to get!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In the hotter months I sometimes drink American style beer poured over ice. Problem with dehydration solved!

Went from 70s to 85+ in a day. So, this is Go....

1. Chelada with fresh lime
  2. Ice water in my ancient ATT "deathstar" mug
  3. My fave vape of Fogger v4+ and copper Panzer full of DIY Hansen RY4

FTW!

ZrhusZMl.jpg

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Went from 70s to 85+ in a day. So, this is Go....

1. Chelada with fresh lime
  2. Ice water in my ancient ATT "deathstar" mug
  3. My fave vape of Fogger v4+ and copper Panzer full of DIY Hansen RY4

FTW!

ZrhusZMl.jpg
Same exact weather change here.

Fogger V4+ on Authentic Copper Black Stingray (with DIY Cantaloupe mix)
Whiskey neat and a bottle of water.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same exact weather change here.

Fogger V4+ on Authentic Copper Black Stingray (with DIY Cantaloupe mix)
Whiskey neat and a bottle of water.

You rock, plus have excellent taste sir!
music-131.gif

keep-calm-because-you-rock-2.png

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Straffe Hendrik brown quadruple beer and bitter lemon vape. That's what I'm talking about, yessiree.
Down the hatch guys!

IMG_20140904_161726.jpg

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Westvleteren-beer.jpg

images

images

Equals.jpg

Oh-Hell-Yeah.png

My favorite is Tripel Karmeliet with POET Nonna Torta al Limone

Am i the only one that can't be happy vaping and drinking beer?
When i used to smoke it was a Good combo but it s Not the same with vaping....
I can't feel flavours and hit propelly :(

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I get dehydrated a lot at work during the summer. When i do, the water fountain is my best friend for a minute. I've noticed, usually at work, that vaping speeds up the dehydration. The only problems i've had with vaping and drinking are usually on the weekend cards night. 10 - 12 beers in, i can feel the dehydration kicking in bad. Take a break & drink water, and more water right before bed. Good to go.

EDIT: On liquor nights, ice in the drink. Multiple problems solved with only one glass used :D

yea I imagine drinking a lot + vaping= dehydration= killer hangovers

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am i the only one that can't be happy vaping and drinking beer?
When i used to smoke it was a Good combo but it s Not the same with vaping....
I can't feel flavours and hit propelly :(

Tobacco smoke and vapor work very dfferently for some reason: people are content to stick to the taste of the former for decades, while they often have trouble standing the same vape flavor for more than half a day.

As far as mixing flavors (one from food, one from the vapor), you need to experiment and see what works for you. Your senses of taste and smell are affected for several second to several minutes by what foodstuff you put in your mouth, and the perceived flavor from the vapor is altered accordingly. This often leads to interesting, temporary flavors. That's why most alcoholic beverages are often consumed with salty things: the two complement each other better than, say alcohol and sugar.

But alcohol / vapor combos are infinite and very personal. Me, I love a malty, dark beer with basic, simple and potent flavors (apple, peach, lemon, peer, anise, liquorice, banana...): those synthetic flavors are not delicate and not hard to get right, so they withstand the "flavor storm" caused by the beer, and turn into something different right after drinking.

My advice is, start with those flavors and lighter beers, and work from there. Eventually you'll find what combinations work for you.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sampling is hard, but someone's gotta do it: Zundert amber trappist, with mint-flavored vape - go together like a house on fire.
Kippis!

IMG_20140909_175731.jpg

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
... followed by a Westmalle double brown - can you tell I like Trappist beers? - with Herve cheese and pineapple-flavored vape.
Santé!

IMG_20140909_181535.jpg

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of Trappist beer, I have a request to make: if any of you guys live near Spencer, Mass and would take the time to go get a case of beer from St. Joseph's Abbey and ship it to me, I'm willing to pay good money.

Sorry this has nothing to do with vaping, but I figured I'd ask.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today's combo: Val-Dieu Brune beer with Gouda cheese and violet-flavored vape. The Val-Dieu sweetness and the Gouda's mildness fighting against the sharp violet flavor.
Gesundheit!

IMG_20140910_171049.jpg

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
... followed by Chimay Bleue brown Trappist beer and Earl Grey tea-flavored vape - unlikely combination, but very mellow and very enjoyable. The crackers just wanted to join the fun :)
Будем здоровы!

IMG_20140910_173703.jpg

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today's hydration regimen: Ciney Brown beer with aged Gouda cheese and wild berries-flavored vape. This time, it's a bitter-ish beer with a sharp cheese battling it out with the sweet vape.
Na zdrowie!

IMG_20140911_173819.jpg

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
... followed by a Rochefort 10 brown Trappist beer with more aged Gouda and Green Pleasure absinthe-flavored vape. Strong everything - works for me :)
Kanpai!

IMG_20140911_180051.jpg

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today's delight: Maredsous Brown beer and lemon-flavored vape.
Cheers!

IMG_20140912_171007.jpg

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This morning: Kwak amber ale with orange blossom-flavored vape. Nice and light after my Saturday morning swim and sauna.

IMG_20140913_104234.jpg

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
... followed by a Scotch C.T.S. golden brown ale - same orange blossom vape, it works well with that beer too.

IMG_20140913_110240.jpg

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Howdy beer lovers. Here's Sunday's combo: Kasteel Donker brown beer with peach-mango-flavored vape, with ethyl maltol added. Super-sweet beer and super-sweet vape.
Salute!

IMG_20140914_113626.jpg

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wondering what to pair with the habanero-infused Ballast Point Sculpin chilling in my fridge for morning NFL games tomorrow...also need a beer to go with MBV Hawk Sauce while I mourn the mauling the sea chickens are likely going to deliver upon the world beer capital...

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd try some kind of anise-menthol vape combo to balance out the spice and fruit flavors. Either that or go with some kind of cookie flavored juice.

Did you brew it yourself?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
09.14.14 beers.jpg Not into home brewing yet, but perhaps at some point...the anise and menthol actually paired well, I had some anise juice and mixed in a few drops of a berry-menthol that's just too strong on the menthol for my taste alone with good results. For the Hawk Sauce (more berry, less menthol), I went with a heavily-hopped pale ale (almost an IPA) and a Rye IPA that's been a proven winner...

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today: Moinette Brune brown beer with pineapple vape. I'd never heard of that beer before today, but I have a feeling pineapple isn't the best choice in the world to go with it. I'll have to try it again with something else. Mint, possibly.

EDIT: I've just tried pear with it - it's brilliant!

So many beers, so little time :)
Proost!

IMG_20140915_171644.jpg

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not into home brewing yet, but perhaps at some point...the anise and menthol actually paired well, I had some anise juice and mixed in a few drops of a berry-menthol that's just too strong on the menthol for my taste alone with good results. For the Hawk Sauce (more berry, less menthol), I went with a heavily-hopped pale ale (almost an IPA) and a Rye IPA that's been a proven winner...

Them beers of yours look enticing. So does the idea of berry and menthol!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
... followed by a Joup brown beer, and pear vape again . Sooo sweet and sugary - both of them.

IMG_20140915_173726.jpg

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man, you just don't stop with the parade of interesting beers...cheers!

VU Sponsors