Become a Patron!

Vaping and cardiovascular problems

Ryan57348

Member For 4 Years
As of now, do we know if vaping causes any cardiovascular problems like smoking does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
As of now, do we know if vaping causes any cardiovascular problems like smoking does?

well i just went in for an ultrasound for my heart about two weeks ago been vaping all day everyday about 4 years now and my doc said my heart is perfectly fine but thats just me only far as i know there still havent been enough medical studies done to prove anything good or bad i dont smoke cigs now finally since this past new years and thats good enough for me

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Since I have started vaping I have had two heart stress test prior to surgery and I passed with flying colors!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
AuxT2Q.jpg

Ryan57348

Member For 4 Years
Guess I just worry myself with how many times I hit my vape daily lol

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I assume vaping has many of the same risks as smoking... but those risks are lower.

Vaping is only SAFER than smoking... that not make it SAFE.... JUST SAFER!

You want to be safe don't inhale anything other than air.... that is also not totally safe, but you gotta breathe.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Vaping_Orchard

Member For 2 Years
I've dealt with heart palpitations most of my life. Sharp chest pain due to anxiaty, anxiety attacks, skipped beats. I see a cardiologist often. I had a heart cathator back in 09. I've learned to control the anxiaty through meditation and supplements. And learned what chest pain is from anxiaty and what kind I should worry about. Although they closely resemble one another.

Anyways I'm new to Vaping. Have been for about a month now. Two weekends ago...I was eating dinner and had a crushing pressure type of pain in the center of my chest. So bad it took my breath away. That's the kind of pain you worry about. Plus it didnt go away. I had pain in my shoulders and down arms. Most of my chest pain throughout my life has been anxiety related...like sharp stabing pains that come and go...those are usually anxiety related and not to be worried about. (I dont because I have lived with it for years and been to hospital a few times over it, and I've learned to tell the difference, but if you don't know, have never felt them or are just unsure go to ER asap. I'm no expert what so ever...I only mean I get my pains when I feel anxiaty come on, that's how I know it's from anxiaty)

But this time was different. I felt NO anxiaty build up or nothing. It just hit me. I have never felt crushing and pressure type pains before. I thought this was it. It's happening. My girlfriend called 911 and the ambo came. My BP was 190/150 115 pulse. They took me right away. After about 30 minutes I started feeling better and pain subsided. They ran a blood test (best way to tell if you are having or have had a heart attack) and everything checked out Ok. XRAYS was ok. Everything was ok.

But I've never experienced that type of pain in my chest before. Never. Well about 4 days later, I added some of the newer juice i had bought (same kind I was using the day it hapoened) and I used it about a day...it.started to happen again!! So I took a look back...the day before all that happened....I stopped at my local vape store for some more of my juice..but they were out. I usually get the store made special. 70/30 mixture, 6mg, but I ended up getting Crepe Vape green apple and cinnamon juice to hold me over until they got more of my kind.. When I got home I loaded it up and that's what I was using. And the next day...that happened.

After I got out of hospital and got home...I forgot I had another bottle of my normal ejuice...Space Cowboy, which is only one I found I like, and I used it instead. Well four days later i was out, and I went back to the Crepe Vape green apple. And the very next day...the SAME thing happened...only not quite as intense. I still had bad chest pains...nothing like I've experienced over the years. This was similar to what I had felt the week before. This time I didnt go to hospital and took some Valarian root and hopps to calm down my heart. And it went away after I just laid down and relaxed...after a bit of time.

So was it related to that juice? I have NO idea. The juice was still 70/30 vg-pg, 6 mg. I had been using that exact ratio and mg since I started vaping with absolutely so issues. And haven't had any since I stopped using that juice. I have no idea what it was. I'm not saying it was the Crepe Vape, no clue. I just know it freaked me out and I personally won't ever use it again.

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've dealt with heart palpitations most of my life. Sharp chest pain due to anxiaty, anxiety attacks, skipped beats. I see a cardiologist often. I had a heart cathator back in 09. I've learned to control the anxiaty through meditation and supplements. And learned what chest pain is from anxiaty and what kind I should worry about. Although they closely resemble one another.

Anyways I'm new to Vaping. Have been for about a month now. Two weekends ago...I was eating dinner and had a crushing pressure type of pain in the center of my chest. So bad it took my breath away. That's the kind of pain you worry about. Plus it didnt go away. I had pain in my shoulders and down arms. Most of my chest pain throughout my life has been anxiety related...like sharp stabing pains that come and go...those are usually anxiety related and not to be worried about. (I dont because I have lived with it for years and been to hospital a few times over it, and I've learned to tell the difference, but if you don't know, have never felt them or are just unsure go to ER asap. I'm no expert what so ever...I only mean I get my pains when I feel anxiaty come on, that's how I know it's from anxiaty)

But this time was different. I felt NO anxiaty build up or nothing. It just hit me. I have never felt crushing and pressure type pains before. I thought this was it. It's happening. My girlfriend called 911 and the ambo came. My BP was 190/150 115 pulse. They took me right away. After about 30 minutes I started feeling better and pain subsided. They ran a blood test (best way to tell if you are having or have had a heart attack) and everything checked out Ok. XRAYS was ok. Everything was ok.

But I've never experienced that type of pain in my chest before. Never. Well about 4 days later, I added some of the newer juice i had bought (same kind I was using the day it hapoened) and I used it about a day...it.started to happen again!! So I took a look back...the day before all that happened....I stopped at my local vape store for some more of my juice..but they were out. I usually get the store made special. 70/30 mixture, 6mg, but I ended up getting Crepe Vape green apple and cinnamon juice to hold me over until they got more of my kind.. When I got home I loaded it up and that's what I was using. And the next day...that happened.

After I got out of hospital and got home...I forgot I had another bottle of my normal ejuice...Space Cowboy, which is only one I found I like, and I used it instead. Well four days later i was out, and I went back to the Crepe Vape green apple. And the very next day...the SAME thing happened...only not quite as intense. I still had bad chest pains...nothing like I've experienced over the years. This was similar to what I had felt the week before. This time I didnt go to hospital and took some Valarian root and hopps to calm down my heart. And it went away after I just laid down and relaxed...after a bit of time.

So was it related to that juice? I have NO idea. The juice was still 70/30 vg-pg, 6 mg. I had been using that exact ratio and mg since I started vaping with absolutely so issues. And haven't had any since I stopped using that juice. I have no idea what it was. I'm not saying it was the Crepe Vape, no clue. I just know it freaked me out and I personally won't ever use it again.
so you are trying to say that apple ejuice is giving you cardio and stress issues? if so go see an allergist

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've heard of similar, with particular flavors, so it's not out of the question. Interesting. Glad you're ok, regardless.

Ryan57348

Member For 4 Years
So what , is this happening cause of an allergic reaction? This has happened to me once but I thought it was cause if my acid reflux , because it happened and I took acid reflux medicine and vaped the same juice and I was fjne.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So what , is this happening cause of an allergic reaction? This has happened to me once but I thought it was cause if my acid reflux , because it happened and I took acid reflux medicine and vaped the same juice and I was fjne.

Only a doc could fully answer that one for you. I do know of several that have gotten heartburn from pineapple vapes. They just stopped vaping pineapple, since every time, thereafter, that they tried.... heartburn.

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think there's not enough medical data to tell, yet the fact that cardiologists like Dr Farsalinos push for vaping instead of smoking seems encouraging though...

I'm a heart transplant and have been vaping about 5 years now. I have an annual check up at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in NYC. They do intravascular ultrasound to all my coronary arteries. So far thereis no buildup in my coronary arteries. Ultravascular ultrasound is a micro ultrasound probe they run into each individual coronary artery, they go ih through my wrist. so far so good!!!

Vaping_Orchard

Member For 2 Years
so you are trying to say that apple ejuice is giving you cardio and stress issues? if so go see an allergist

No I'm not saying that. As I said at the end of my comment... I'm not saying it was the crepe brand. I didn't know what it was. It could of just been a strange coincidence, as I vape Apple flavor all the time. I was just sharing my experience.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Since I started vaping I have had three major surgical procedures.

And each of these required a cardiac stress test complete with ultrasound before they would clear me for surgery and I passed them all with flying colors just as I do each year getting my routine physical.

I normally stick with a 50/50 mix with 6ng of nic and I vape a wide variety of flavors including a wide range of fruit flavors and I have never had a reaction to any of them.

Except when I try a new brand and discover that I had just purchased a bottle of juice that just plain sucks so bad I can't bring myself to vape it:gaah:

I'm a heart transplant and have been vaping about 5 years now. I have an annual check up at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in NYC. They do intravascular ultrasound to all my coronary arteries. So far thereis no buildup in my coronary arteries. Ultravascular ultrasound is a micro ultrasound probe they run into each individual coronary artery, they go ih through my wrist. so far so good!!!
Thank god for the wrist procedure now I used to hate when it was through the groin and blessings to your good health..as I'm a heart patient myself

Craig Mad Bricky

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been gone for quite a while and am also concerned about the nicotine component as a vasodilator. I had a massive PE event last September with several clots in the heart as well as 2 major vessels blocked that were stented in December. I know the cigars and pipe are history and must apply myself to vaping. I'm just not sure what nic level will keep me away from the ER and smoke alike. Crap is really real now!

VU Sponsors