Vaping around pets

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is it safe? My roommates have a cat that likes to chill in my room and I'm afraid to vape when he's in there. I'd hate to kick him out since he's super mellow and just hangs out. I don't want to vape with the cat in here and then have him get some sort of weird health complication.

...my roommates are really weird about their cats...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cats I heard also seem to be drawn to the smells as Tom mentioned and gave link, to the PG. Its (nic juice) poison to all pets, I keep it a safe distance away from all my pets.But I do vape in the same room as they are in and they have no adverse effects from it.

Last edited:

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow! Thanks for the info, had never given this any thought. Have a dog and a cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have a cat that used to try to play with my vapor until she got bored with it.

No adverse affects to my knowledge.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Normally my cat is totally unconcerned by the vapor. But recently she got surprised by a couple of smoke rings (vape rings?) I blew above her head while she was sleeping, and she reacted rather violently.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Normally my cat is totally unconcerned by the vapor. But recently she got surprised by a couple of smoke rings (vape rings?) I blew above her head while she was sleeping, and she reacted rather violently.
She was probably dreaming of Dragons when she woke up to vapor rings above her.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I vape around my small dog all the time but if it get foggy I throw her under a blanket lol she's like 1 pound so it's easy.

Byter

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right or wrong, I vape around my two dogs, my cat and three kids (oh yeah, and wife). None seem to suffer ill effects. Kids and wife are just glad I don't stink up the place and the car like I did with those analogs. Those were smoked outside but lingered as you probably know. What I do now is air freshener in comparison. I don't see how the vapor could harm any more than an air freshener, perfume or for that matter cooking food either. When they do notice, and I have to be close for them to notice, they try to guess the flavor. Some flavors have been banned by majority vote (tobaccos). But I'm no cloud chaser and don't fog the place up.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have 4 cats... at most times at least one of them is right next to me while I vape away at my desk. They've never displayed any symptoms.

I think as long as you are not blowing your vapor directly into their faces... there is no issue. Normally the cats will be below your vape, and since vapor rises they really are not getting much of it.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My pets are supremely uninterested in my vapor lol. If they're on the couch and I start vaping they either try and get my attention away from it or just give me a pissed off look and run off.

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I vaped around a stray dog I found once.. not just to see what it would do but it ran away quickly when the vapor accidentally he smelled...so it probably did not like it.
Depends if the pet is a vaping kind of pet... who knows you may be vaping with your pet in no time. I have zero cats.

VU Sponsors