Become a Patron!

Vaping at 100w safe?

Hello all,

New to vaping,getting off cigs after almost 30 years,been four days on vape so far so good,enjoying it.

I have a Kbox 200 and it has a 0.5 coil,I have it set at 50 watts and it's fine but I tried upping the watts to 100 and found the vape warmer and smoother,liked it.

I am new to these devices and have no idea if it's ok to do that and vape away? Or if it's unsafe,I don't have the correct coil etc? If not what should I have...

Thank you for any insight,appreciated.

Dave.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello all,

New to vaping,getting off cigs after almost 30 years,been four days on vape so far so good,enjoying it.

I have a Kbox 200 and it has a 0.5 coil,I have it set at 50 watts and it's fine but I tried upping the watts to 100 and found the vape warmer and smoother,liked it.

I am new to these devices and have no idea if it's ok to do that and vape away? Or if it's unsafe,I don't have the correct coil etc? If not what should I have...

Dave.
You good.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Hello all,

Dave.
Hi @dave123 and welcome to the forums!

You should be okay with using that coil at 100 watts. As a general rule (although there are always exceptions), with a regulated mod there are enough protections that it won't let you really hurt yourself with standard coils. Play around with your mod, the different settings, maybe even different coils until you find the combination that works best for you. Just be aware of what is happening with the mod at all times, if anything seems off (like it's getting really hot in your hand), then stop vaping and try something different.

Good luck and HTH!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
One thing i can say, if your power is to high, you wont have to ask. LOL. That first hit of burnt cotton will be all the answer you will ever need.
Seriously though, it is not about the power, it is about finding the vape you like. I am vaping now at 120w. Basically the weight of the coil determines the wattage required to vape it. Heavier coils, take more power to heat (allowing the same metal is used in the coil). By the way, remember, it isn't a contest to see how much power you CAN use, it is how much power you NEED to use to get the vape you like. I COULD vape at 200W on this coil, but it would be way to hot and heat the wick far to fast, faster than I can actually draw in the vape, which would cause to much heat and a burnt wick.

Thanks for your reply,

Definitely not in any contest, I mentioned in my post it seems at this wattage the vape is warmer and smoother, which I've preferred and is this coil ok for that... If not, what should I be using...

A couple said I'm fine and you've said I'm not "LOL" yet didn't bother to mention a solution or why the other two are incorrect. Maybe you can clear up what I'm doing incorrect, thanks. Not any contest, just quitting smoking with this method I've had success with thus far but know nothing about, hence my question.

VU Sponsors