Become a Patron!

vaping at higher temperature + best dripper for flavor

Hi, I've been vaping casually for seven months and I have a Tesla 120w box mod that holds two 18650's using 37A 2500mah lg batteries and a Plum Vail v2 dripper with a .6 ohm single twisted coil... I recently tried vaping at higher temperatures and the difference in flavor is amazing however i have been doing some research and have found some articles that it is harmful to vape at higher temperatures but the main consensuses that as long as it still taste good then its fine. So i want to know what are your thoughts on this? Also, I'm only vaping for flavor not clouds so i wanted to know what the best dripper is to date? What build would you recommend to get higher watts...My mod with a .6 build max's out at 7.1v at 83w...Any suggestion is wanted good or bad...thanks,

Josh

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well Josh, Welcome to VU :)

The Plume Vale is a pretty good flavor atty I reckon. If you're vaping for flavor you could push your watts higher but most really good flavor attys have really small or reduced chambers that get super hot super fast with either a lower ohm build or a device that could push the watts even higher. Also, yes as you increase the wattage the flavors of some eliquids can change flavors but once you get over a hundred and some odd watts some juices you just fry and loose all flavor in flavor of cloud chasing.

Two of my favorite, easy to build flavor attys are the Magma and the Manta V2...both have been cloned and can be obtained fairly cheap if you search for them online. If you go the route of the Magma than you'll want the clone made by Infinite, it's the closest to the original of all of them that I"ve tried and I've owned two of them. The Manta V2 I had three authentic ones and sold one of them and still have the others.

you don't neccissarily need higher wattage to have good flavor...the twisted build you have is a good start...another simple high flavor build would be something like a parallel single coil build, I have pictures of them in other threads or I can paste it again into this one. It's true I build down into the .24ish range but I am going for a combination of flavor and clouds and those low builds are in cloud chasing atty's like the Mutation X....most true flavor chasing gear doesn't have the same airflow as a cloud atty and a .24 build in a magma would be a super hot vape and my Manta can't handle a build below .4 ...I've got a .36 coil in it right now and it makes me let it cool down after a few vapes and isn't happy when I chain vape on it even though the flavor is awesome.

If you have the LG batteries I think you have they are 20 amp continuous drain limit with a pulse limit of like 35 amps.....which you should be fine building down into the .25ish range if you choose...but I honestly believe if you are purely going for flavor that a slightly higher build like .3-.6 will keep you more than happy. Also, if you don't mind a hard challenge to build on...the Storm V2 is another great flavor atty. You can get it from VaporDNA for under 30 bucks and is simluar to a veritas atty except it can only be build as a single coil....it's main draw back is it's design doesn't like wire lower than a 27 gauge...anything thicker and it's a bitch to get the wire's to trap in the positive lead....also, it's a vertical coil atty so it's tricky to build and wick but with practice it can be done as easily as anything and gives off incredible flavor and has huge airflow allowing for hotter builds even with the thinner wire.

I hope some of this helps...best of luck...my best advice is going to a brick and mortar store, even if you don't buy anything from them and looking at as many attys in your hand as you can....no amount of photography can replace seeing something in person.

Happy hunting :)

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In order to heat more metal to the same temp you need more power. So if you want to be able to crank the mod higher you could install a build that has more metal. Installing a second coil identical to the one you're using should require more power. The total resistance would be half of what it is now and would require less voltage to get to a higher power level which should keep you from bumping up against your mods voltage limit. As for atty's, it probably wouldn't handle super high power watt settings, but I'm absolutely in love with my Derringer. I have a simple 24g dual coil build in it and am running it on a SMPL mech mod and the combination of flavor and vapor production is pretty darn perfect for me. With a big power, vw mod that didn't force me to worry so much about hitting a certain resistance measurement to get the performance I want I'm sure I could get an even better vape from it. Good luck.

VU Sponsors