Vaping Bans, News, and Commentary

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by Vape Fan, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Ive seen a few threads on the subject. Though we might all want to get together.

US lawmakers urge FDA to pull pod, cartridge-based e-cigarettes from market

FDA Launches Criminal Investigation Into Vaping Crisis
    From a separate article related to the investigation: “We are in desperate need of facts," Zeller said. director of the FDA's Center for Tobacco Products, said. “The focus of their work is to identify what is making people sick, as well as a focus on the supply chain.”
    We need the FDA to say these illnesses/deaths were cause by something other than the nicotine ejuice most all of us use.

The hearing on lung illnesses with the House Oversight’s Subcommittee on Economic and Consumer Policy is slated to take place on Tuesday Sept. 24 @ 10:00am(ET I presume) and be livestreamed on the committee’s YT channel
    youtube.com/channel/UCXSlyao4qkUFiPqghptHtZA
    “The hearing will examine the outbreak of lung illness associated with using e-cigarette products; the causes of the outbreak; the CDC and state health officials warning against the use of e-cigarettes; and CDC reports that youth use of e-cigarettes has risen again.”
    So, the House Subcommittee wants to meet about the illness before the FDA finishes there investigation as to the cause....Feeling railroaded...

Lots of discussion on Twitter and the place to be (besides VU) on this issue. Matt from SMM explains it very well.
    youtube.com/watch?v=e4-4dlj5vFw

I’m not a conspiracy theorist and I’d like to think there’s no MSA bearing on state decisions on vaping, and it’s just coincidence. Nonetheless, for them at least another mental tick in the ban column, imo. Interesting similarities from a 4+ yr old video (2015), and now.

Why haven't I heard about any vaping illnesses or deaths caused by vaping ejuice in some other countries besides U.S.? Even a quick search didn't provide anything. I think we all know why.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  2. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for this. Might be interesting to watch......

bikerboogieman and Vape Fan like this.
  3. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
  4. PoppaVic

PoppaVic Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
  5. PoppaVic

Blog Posts:
    "People are dying" - Where the hell have these people been since Adam & Eve? We been dying for a few billion years: did you miss the memo?

6. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    And its US only deaths, in a few states, for people with a median age of 19, that vape oil, and we don't know why it's happening :facepalm: except its because of the cherry flavoring in my Coca Cola, or the vanilla in my pudding.

DonBaldy likes this.
  7. PoppaVic

Blog Posts:
    My point remains: People have been dying forever - and it won't stop. They don't even have decent VOLUMES to scream about. More people vape well than die stupid, and more people die in space than have died vaping.. The number of "illnesses" they can claim don't even account for those that could afford, and have gotten sick, climbing Mt. Everest.

Certainly not the numbers injured skiing, skydiving, hang-gliding, gliding, skateboarding, cycling, or running or walking thru SF, Chitown, Detroit, Philly, etc.

I think Vic might be right: it's definitely all about the benjamins.

DonBaldy and bikerboogieman like this.
  8. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
  9. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    The effect vaping ban would have on MSA is like putting the rabbit back in the hat.

10. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    Rhianne likes this.
  11. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    https://time.com/5680988/juul-vaping-health-crisis/

Even though it's a very bad idea, banning juice flavors is the focus right now. To appease the current vape gods, is there anything we can do to appease them? If there is, it's going to have to be something that helps save kids - period.

I've always been one to think that if you don't smoke, or are not trying to quit smoking there's no reason to start vaping (and are reasons to not vape).
    Considering what's going on right now, and the fact that something is going to happen soon to at least some part of the vape industry in the US,
    It wouldn't bother me one bit that if instead of any other ban, JUUL and other manufactured as nonrefillable devices were banned.
    The refillable doesn't come with juice.

Instead of banning flavored juice, what if...

Regulate by licensing mass juice manufacturers that supply to the public or vendors: To use the ingredients already used to quit smoking and for harm reduction.PG/PG/Flavoring/Nic. Max nic content. Clean rooms/sanitation.Warning like tobacco on labels who's names and designs aren't appealing to kids, even a plain jane label. There could be a standardized seal of approval that manufacturers could use in store signage/website/ and on the labels, that indicates Yes we're licensed and the contents of this product contains PG/VG/Flavorings/Nic, or its been manufactured in compliance for vaping.

So how do we help keep kids (because that part isn't going away) from going online or in a shop or otherwise obtain vape? If its illegal we never will.
    Make vape possession of a minor a state law and if it already exists, make it stricter. Minors at school/in public = mandatory police involvement with 'failure to report' offense.
    Dedicated vape shops only, or no place where picture ID is not required to enter. Same online verification we already have.

If that's not enough regulation then a harsher possession of minor penalty for having device/juice/ or both. Not just a fine. Mandatory appear in court.

I think banning the [pesky] JUUL pod / others like it would lesson the current ban effect more that the effective loss of those products and maybe even appease the vape gods long enough for them to see the correct path vaping needs.

12. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
  13. ajvapes

ajvapes Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    The vapocalypse is upon us....

14. Rhianne

Rhianne Platinum Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I’m not sure it’s possible to appease them. Because they’re ignoring the truth about what killed those people so they could push an “e cigarette” ban. Kids don’t call vape gear “e cigs”. How many people here even use that word?
    I hope we can get them on the right path. But we should be prepared for the worst outcome. And band together here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    House Committee on Oversight and Reform
    At Raucous Hearing, No Unity On Vaping Issues

Witnesses included experts from the CDC, the American Lung Association and Illinois Department of Public Health.
    Where in the hell are the pro vaping experts?…..oh yeah, they weren’t invited…

Vaping advocate Porter gets shut down and not allowed to respond to vaping negativity.

Rep. Ro Khanna (Calif.) “Washington is a very political place, and now you have the president’s advisers telling him that this is going to hurt his reelection in battleground states because there are hundreds of thousands of people in battleground states who vape.”

“Rep. James Comer (Ky) brought out two bottles of CBD products”, and said “this was an example of an area that needed some regulation to avoid bad actors”.

Rep. Ohio) “Grothman asked witnesses on both panels if it was possible that all injuries were related to THC, and people were simply reluctant to admit they had been using an illegal substance.”

Video (@ 4:30) :giggle: Things get weird when Rashida Tlaib asks vaping advocate if she's a conspiracy theorist
    Notice how they don't want Porter to respond to this either? Yet Tlaib can keep going with her negative opinions? Glad Porter got the last word at least.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    Rhianne likes this.
  16. Theboss

Theboss Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    As an outsider watching all of this unfolding down there in the U.S I feel for you. I also wonder how much of this ban lunacy is driven by big tobacco or simply misinformed politicians, maybe it's a bit of both?

Rhianne likes this.
  17. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    reglaution
    if not that some form of corruption

The Cromwell, Theboss and Rhianne like this.
  18. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    ajvapes likes this.
  19. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
  20. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    bikerboogieman and Rhianne like this.
  21. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    Right. That ^ House Committee Hearing was a total sham. I think the only Vaping advocates were a couple Reps and a citizen advocate that played a part in one of the Reps work they've done on a pro vaping stance. Yet the committee brings those they call experts like CDC, American Lung Association, A state Health Dept. what the FDA says... that are against vaping..... and no one that was imo considered a proponent expert on vaping [even if they are from another country], like The Dr's we've seen in the news, Professors, WHO, The AVA....and the scientific studies/facts that show the harm reduction and how much safer than cigs it is. It's like some politicians want a new world order, unless it doesn't fit their agenda.
    US=
    34,000,000 smokers - 480,000 deaths pr yr
    10,000.000= vapers - 9 deaths by juice they say, but I don't believe mainstream juice killed them. We don't all of a sudden start dying because we vaped juice like we always have for a decade or more. They say about 80% iirr was some sort of cannibus/cbd extract/oil, then imo they have those that didn't say it was because they didn't want to fess up to family or whoever that they were vaping something illegal. So we got this blanket "vaping" negativity.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  22. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    But England who has socialized medicine and in whose best interest it is to keep people healthy are advocating vaping. This kinda is proof of a sort that vaping is less harmful than smoking.

ajvapes likes this.
  23. ajvapes

Blog Posts:
    Looks like a duck....

24. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    Rhianne likes this.
  25. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
  26. PoppaVic

Blog Posts:
    bikerboogieman and Vape Fan like this.
  27. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Vape Fan likes this.
  28. gsmit1

gsmit1 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I just now saw this thread after posting a bunch of videos last night in a different one.

Rhianne likes this.
  29. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    It might be good to have them in a few threads, in case someone misses them.

30. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    Just trying to keep up here

Michigan
    New York
    San Fran
    Massachusetts

What other states/cities have issued a vape related ban?

31. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Rhode Island?
    Parts of Los Angeles.

Theboss likes this.
  32. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    You're right.

NJ and Delaware are considering some form of ban as well from what I've read :crazy:

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  33. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    That would be almost the whole tri-state area. :cry:

Theboss likes this.
  34. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, but at least these shortsighted bans are being challenged now. Can't wait to see the outcome

Rhianne likes this.
  35. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    Massachusetts
    On Sept. 24, Gov. Charlie Baker declared a public health emergency in the face of more than 500 vaping-related lung illnesses and at least seven deaths reported to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), including five illnesses in Massachusetts. Baker also announced the country’s strictest vaping prohibition yet: a four-month, statewide ban on online and retail sales of all ********** and tobacco vaping products, flavored or otherwise. A release from Baker’s office suggests that Massachusetts lawmakers chose to ban both marijuana and nicotine products due to continuing uncertainty over what is causing the lung illnesses reported across the country. The CDC has said that many of the people who have reported vaping-related illnesses used products containing ***, a compound in marijuana, but some reported using only nicotine.

Massachusetts’ policy went into effect immediately, and lasts through January 25, 2020.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    Rhianne likes this.
  36. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    Great info, be careful though....I just had a thread deleted yesterday because it had the letters T H C in it.

Rhianne and Vape Fan like this.
  37. Grandpa

Grandpa Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Grand Island NE, vaping in public ban. Kearney NE considering same.

38. gsmit1

Blog Posts:

Hat WAAAAAY off to this fella.

Vape Fan and Rhianne like this.
  39. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
  40. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Virginia, too. South Carolina. Parts of Florida. Vermont. New Hampshire......the list is endless.......

Rhianne and Theboss like this.
  41. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Maine.....Washington......

Rhianne likes this.
  42. bikerboogieman

bikerboogieman Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Gotta love the hypocrisy. All these locations jumping on the banwagon still sell cigarettes. This country needs another revolution.

kross8, Grandpa, Jinx'd and 3 others like this.
  43. ajvapes

Blog Posts:
    I don't trust him

44. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Either do I. But I was very surprised at his attitude.

45. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    Washington

Rhianne likes this.
  46. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    marter and Rhianne like this.
  47. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    No idea how he keeps a straight face

Rhianne and Vape Fan like this.
  48. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    He’s thinking about the BT kickbacks and other money he’ll be getting!

Theboss likes this.
  49. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    Rhianne likes this.
  50. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    gsmit1, Rhianne and ajvapes like this.