Vaping Bans: News and Commentary

Discussion in '#BANTHIS' started by Vape Fan, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
  2. Rhianne

Rhianne Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    It’s prolly a good idea that we have some level of moderation, but not enough to feel censored.

These are strange times now, and people are upset. This is the best forum for vaping. Let’s not get upset over perceived slights, since it can be worked out, I’m sure. Jmho. Ymmv.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  3. gsmit1

gsmit1 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    VapeJunkie and Rhianne like this.
  4. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    I don't know how it could possibly be more obvious.

5. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    yes but only sued when shortened :)
    No complaints when lengthened.
    Well except from anti vaping groups which won a lawsuit over the non enforcement of the Deeming regs and forced the newer date than previously announced.

I personally prefer it never be enforced as is but revised into something more like what the EU has and then enforced.
    We obviously do need some regulations around vaping.

What I would support.
    Age sales restrictions of course.
    Fines and confiscation for underage possession.
    Max nic levels.
    Some form of what ingredients are allowed to be used in ejuice.
    A clear and legal line between vaping controlled substances and regular nic juice.

that is pretty much it.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Rhianne, VapeJunkie and Vape Fan like this.
  6. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Rhianne, VapeJunkie and Vape Fan like this.
  7. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Rhianne, VapeJunkie and gsmit1 like this.
  8. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Yeah pretty much legal tax money getting vape easys.

9. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    I agree.

I would prefer that it be regulated exactly the same as other "vices," like tobacco and alcohol. Among even feasible choices in the present environment of weaponized and monetized regulation that is.

The fact it's been framed as the mortal enemy of big tobacco and big pharma means that traversing the event horizon of Sagittarius A will probably happen first.

Rhianne likes this.
  10. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Been there done that.
    think I have a T shirt somewhere...

Rhianne and gsmit1 like this.
  11. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    freeeef.jpg

Rhianne likes this.
  12. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Can't post holopics here.
    Plus don't want to provide any proof....

gsmit1 and Rhianne like this.
  13. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    It’s kinda seems counter intuitive to set the industry up like that. Like I wish some DIY celebs would tone down their attitude now. It would prolly be more helpful if they’d be low key, imho.

gsmit1 likes this.
  14. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    All the vape youtubers seem to be getting all pissed off and militant lately.
    Can't understand why:rolleyes:

Rhianne and gsmit1 like this.
  15. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    Trump Is Giving In To The Vaping Industry On A Flavor Ban, Lawmakers Say

On Wednesday, the House Oversight subcommittee chaired by Krishnamoorthi will hold a hearing to hear from a senior FDA official on the status of the proposed ban. Krishnamoorthi said he expected that the FDA would be receiving “a lot of pointed questions over why the flavor ban has not been passed” at the hearing.

16. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    Rhianne likes this.
  17. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:

Rhianne likes this.
  18. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Un freaking believable. Maybe her lungs were a nice shade of blue? This gets curiouser and curiouser. I’m almost surprised that non vaping people aren’t seeing through this.

Thanks, I’d heard about this and promptly forgot it. Thanks for reminding me!

Vape Fan likes this.
  19. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
  20. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Yah. Cutting costs was a big factor in my switching to vaping.
    But then I am a tight assed bassid ")

21. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    For me it was health 1st, then save on the $300 a month I was spending, then the rest.

"Taxing e-cigarettes at the same rate as cigarettes would increase e-cigarette prices by about 62%"
    Really??? How can it be the same when cigs don't go up 62%

22. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I was 'only' spending around $140 per month on cigs. Cheap cig state.
    Currently I spend under $20/mo on consumables. And my cig costs would be at least $200/mo now as taxes have gone up on cigs.
    At no time during my vape journey did I spend over 1/2 of what it cost me to smoke. Most months it was Like 1/4. And during that time I collected enough vape hardware to last me the rest of my life.
    Last year I spent under $200 total on vaping stuff. I did pick up 3 more mods and a few attys, Drip tips and such.

23. 5150sick

5150sick Under Ground Hustler Staff Member VU Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Mod Team Leader Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    New York. Victory!

from the VTA:

upload_2020-1-10_23-5-20.png

24. 5150sick

5150sick Under Ground Hustler Staff Member VU Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Mod Team Leader Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
  25. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
  26. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I wonder if they’ll push it off for another two years now. We could end up going through this multiple times!

27. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    If they push it out many states will already have vaping screwed anyway.
    And many of them will have worse laws than the deeming regs.
    And we still are not sure if the senate or house nic tax bills will pass.

Rhianne likes this.
  28. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    In NY, Cuomo wants to get into legal cannabis. Yet he was for a flavor ban. That’s what I expected would happen in a lot of other states. They’ll legalize one to avoid a black market, and who cares if vape bans cause a black market. We should all be smoking, one way or another!

BigDisplay likes this.
  29. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    Rhianne and 5150sick like this.
  30. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    FDA had it as 2022 i believe. Then anti vaping establishments and health organizations took it to court and argued that due to uptick in teen vaping, and that the deadline had been delayed b4. So court came up with 5/20.

Rhianne likes this.
  31. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Yes but the date was agreed on by the FDA and the court.

32. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    ...and those that brought the case

33. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    yes with the court mediating.

34. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    yes lol

35. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I am certainly no lawyer. However it seems to me that a suit on the Deeming reg delays would have to be an appeal of this decision and would not be overturned by a separate court of the same level or lower jurisdiction.

36. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    Nothing new HERE , but it gets credit for existing.

The Cromwell and Vape Fan like this.
  37. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    yep read that over on ECR

gsmit1 likes this.
  38. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    NJ is looking like it will ban all flavors except tobacco and limit nic to 20 mg/ml.

From reading this flavors that get PMTA approval will be ok as long as no more than 2% nic.

3. Section 1 of P.L.2015, c.294 (C.2A:170-51.9) is amended to read as follows:

1. a. No [person] retailer, either directly or indirectly by an agent or employee, or by a vending machine owned by the [person] retailer or located in the [person's] retailer's establishment, shall sell, offer for sale, give, furnish, or distribute for commercial purpose at no cost or minimal cost or with coupons or rebate offers, to any other person [, liquid nicotine in a liquid nicotine container, which is intended for use in a vapor product,] :
    (1) any vapor product, unless:

(a) the manufacturer of the product is registered, or has an application for registration currently pending, with the federal Food and Drug Administration;

(b) the manufacturer has listed the vapor product with the federal Food and Drug Administration; and

(c) the product includes the tracking feature as required by, and is included in the database developed and maintained pursuant to, the provisions of section 19 of P.L. , c. (C. ) (pending before the Legislature as Assembly Bill No.5923);

(2) any vaping liquid with a nicotine content of more than two percent;

(3) non-cartridge vaping liquid unless the [liquid nicotine] non-cartridge vaping liquid is sold, offered for sale, given, furnished, or distributed for commercial purpose in a child-resistant container; or

(4) any vaping liquid that has been mixed with any other substance by any entity other than the manufacturer of the vaping liquid.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/2020/01/13/nj-flavored-vape-ban-e-cigarettes/4454481002/

Not sure if the "any Vapor product" includes hardware.... Kinda sounds like it.

Rhianne likes this.