Become a Patron!

Vaping Canker Sores

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello Everyone,

I started vaping early/mid February to try and get off of cigarettes.
I've been smoking for 20+ years and I'm happy to say that I haven't had a cigarette in over a month.
There are still times that I'd like to grab a smoke, but so far vaping has stopped me from actually doing it.;)

The problem I am now having is canker sores on the far back of my tongue and throat irritation.
I've read that VG or PG intolerance can do this, so I switched from a 70VG/30PG mix to and 80/20, then on to a Max VG mix. That didn't help anything. I'm got on a prescription mouth rinse, and also gargle with salt water, regular Listerine, and on occasion hydrogen peroxide. Nothing is getting rid of the Cankers or throat irritation. the only thing that seems to calm everything down, is NOT vaping.
I'd hate to go back to smoking, but if vaping is going to cause me problems like these, I may not have a choice.
I'd appreciate any ideas that you all might have.

One Last Thing:
The throat irritation and canker sores didn't happen right away.
They started 2 weeks after I started vaping.
That makes me think that it's not an allergic reaction (that would have happened right away I would think)
but it has to be related somehow to vaping as I have NEVER had either of these issues in my life.

**Just For Reference**
I'm using Nautilus Mini Tanks (1.8ohm coils) on iStick 20w and 50w Batteries.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Could be a sensitivity. Have you tried 100% vg. Max vg still has some pg from the flavorings. If I use too much pg, my throat gets irratated and a little sore.

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
mostly what I've seen is a sensitivity to PG but if your already on max vg then it must be the flavoring in the juice your using, the coils themselves or the heat your vaping at that is causing your issues. I know a lot of people who wont vape the Atlantis coils at high wattages because of the components of the stock coils and much prefer to rebuild them before using them at their normal temperature. I suppose it could be a silica sensitivity though I've never seen that before. Have you tried a different flavor and different tank. and what wattage/voltage are you vaping at?

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 6-7 different flavors here. All are purchased from a local Vape Shop except for a freebee that an online Vendor had sent. All of them cause the irritation. Some more than others I think, but not much more than the others. Since I'm using the Nautilus Mini BVC's that are only rated from 3-6v, that's as far as I go. On my set-up that equals 5w-18w. So nothing too powerful at all. In fact, vaping at higher power seems to affect me less...but I think that's just because when I vape at higher power, I just don't hit it as much. When I vape at lower power, it seems like I'm ripping on the thing twice as much.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Amanda.
Thanks for the link. I had read that too and thought it was a possibility....but I quit smoking for 7-8 months before (without vaping) and the Cankers and Throat irritation never happened. Plus, when I back off from vaping....everything calms down dramatically and doesn't bother me. Pick up the Vape, and after just 4-5 rips everything feels "inflamed" and exaggerated once again.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cankers can be a symptom of a depressed immune system and a vitamin C deficiency: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scurvy Sailors in the 17th and 18th century used to have problems with their teeth and gums (cankers) due to low vitamin C in their diet (Scurvy). After you quit smoking, your body slowly begins to adjust and build the immune system back up. If these cankers are more prevalent when vaping, try non flavored juice for a week and see what happens. I got cankers when I quit and was vaping cinnamon flavors. That was a trigger that I found out by trial and error. When I went to non flavored juice, they cleared up.

Eat some oranges, couldn't hurt.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@BLACKTOOTHGRIN what's up man? I know we have talked about this before, but are you sure your tank is not flooding? I know when mine are, and I get raw juice in my mouth, it irritates the hell outta my tounge and throat?

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Dubya. What's Up.:cool:

Naw...not really flooding per say.
I have had one flood once a while back, but what mine seem to do consistently is POP.
Yeah, I think that's kinda a small form of flooding...but not really right?
But I know what you mean about getting that juice on your tongue, and that DOES cause ADDED irritation.
To correct that problem (as far as getting the juice in my mouth) I'll fire it away from my mouth so IF it pops, I don't get that garbage in there...OR sometimes I'll use a KnuckleHead DripTip that will catch the pop in the joint before it gets to me.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That one's a mystery to me. Mine will pop some times as well, got no idea what to do to stop that

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What nic level are you using? As i upgraded mods I had to late my nic level. Been vaping just over a year now. Stayed at 24 mg then 18, 12, 6 and now at 3 mg. Dropping the nic levels made a big difference. Just my two cents.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As far as the Popping is concerned....
I'd sure like to know what's causing it and how to stop it.
If it's a rebuildable, add a bit more wick to make it a tad tighter, if its a stock coil, no ideas.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just saying... If all the juices you use have been from the same vape shop (except the one), have you tried juice from another location exclusively for a while?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just saying... If all the juices you use have been from the same vape shop (except the one), have you tried juice from another location exclusively for a while?
good idea...

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you all for the advise.
Obviously I haven't found a remedy yet.
I'm hoping something will change soon because this really ruins the vaping experience.
The first 2 weeks of vaping before any of this started was awesome!
Now I'll try to answer your questions the best that I can:

Cankers can be a symptom of a depressed immune system and a vitamin C deficiency: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scurvy Sailors in the 17th and 18th century used to have problems with their teeth and gums (cankers) due to low vitamin C in their diet (Scurvy). After you quit smoking, your body slowly begins to adjust and build the immune system back up. If these cankers are more prevalent when vaping, try non flavored juice for a week and see what happens. I got cankers when I quit and was vaping cinnamon flavors. That was a trigger that I found out by trial and error. When I went to non flavored juice, they cleared up.

Eat some oranges, couldn't hurt.

Huh. I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. Flavorless Juice?? I didn't even know they sold it that way. I'll keep that in mind. I have some vitamin b and c tablets here that I never used. I'll start taking them and see if it helps any. Ain't gonna hurt nothing. Anything my body doesn't use I'll just piss out.:D

If it's a rebuildable, add a bit more wick to make it a tad tighter, if its a stock coil, no ideas.

Unfortunately it's a stock Aspire Nautilus Coil.
Good tip for when I get a rebuildable though.
I'd like to in the next couple months. Just a tank for now, not an entire mechanical mod.
I just don't know which would be the best to get.
I've looked at the Kanger Sub-Mini, Delta 2, Aspire Atlantis, and Maganus.
I have no idea which way to go.
If anyone has suggestions and opinions of all of em, feel free to chime in.:)

What I've noticed is that the popping seems to start when I can't keep the mod vertical.
Like if I lay it sideways on my seat or something. After that is when it pops to the point of occasional juice spit,
and then continues pretty much every time I fire it until I refill my tank.
I made a padded cup holder to keep my 20w vertical while driving but my 50w wont fit,
so I end up laying it on my passenger seat. Guess I could make a separate one in my other cup holder for the 50w, but then I won't have anywhere for my drink because the other cup holder is smaller and my cup doesn't fit.
I'm VERY particular about the kind of cup that I use, and HAVE to have a drink while vaping.:cool:
If I don't that's when the cankers REALLY flare up!:mad:
I know Jwraps makes custom molded cup holders for the 50w that I could swap out, but there's nothing saying it would fit the cup holder I need to use, and $20-$25 for a piece of foam is kind of a rip off to me.
BTG-APV-CUPHOLDER.jpg

What nic level are you using? As i upgraded mods I had to late my nic level. Been vaping just over a year now. Stayed at 24 mg then 18, 12, 6 and now at 3 mg. Dropping the nic levels made a big difference. Just my two cents.

I started at a 12. Then went to an 18 because the 12 wasn't cutting it for me. For some stupid reason that seemed too much at the time. (most likely because I had just started vaping a couple days before) So I'm now on a special blend of 15 from my local shop. They try to make everything as custom for you as possible. Real good guys. However...I tried the 18 that I had at a later time, and it was fine. So I'll probably go back to the 18 once all my 15's run out.

No not yet. May be worth a try though.
Problem here is that I live in a small town with only 1 Vape Shop.
Therefore to try others, I'd have to go online.
I don't know if they would be willing to customize things, which online dealers are good or garbage, which juices are good or garbage since I can't try them out, and doing things that way without knowing could get pretty expensive with shipping, ya know?
I wish I had more than one shop here because that's definitely a good suggestion.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Sub-tank mini or Delta II are both great tanks. The sub-tank is easier to fill, but the Delta II has a tad better airflow. The sub-tank's deck is easier to build on when you get to that point in your vaping voyage. As far as vitamin c goes, try 500mg per day.

The nautilus pops because laying it on its side for a time decreases the vacuum in the tank (it works on the vacuum principle), so more juice hits the coil than can be vaporized at the watts you are running. When it pops and spits juice, add a few watts and see what happens, or open up the air flow if it ain't open all the way, or both.

Last edited:

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah...I have the Nautilus wide open all the time for airflow.
Next time it starts popping I'll try increasing the power to see if it gets rid of it.
I've noticed anything much past 16w I start getting a burnt taste though. 18w is definitely burnt tasting with the juice I'm running right now. Lately my sweet spot has been around 13w for my current set up. The Nautilus coils are only rated 3v-6v and I'm finding that to be fairly accurate with my set up.

Last edited:

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have used Kanger tanks and my wife uses them, so they are different, but what you describe is flooding the coils which will spit small amounts of juice into your mouth.

When this happens,cover the air holes with your fingers and blow into the drip tip to build the pressure back up in the tank. Then fire the coil for a few seconds without putting in your mouth. This helps clear the coil.

Also, each time you refill the tank, twist up a piece of paper towel or use a Q-Tip and pull it through the chimney in the tank as well as the drip tip. This will clear any juice that has accumulated in either.

You should consider using a commercial brand of juice also. The shop may be using a brand of VG, PG, Nic, or flavorings that are irritating you. If you need a custom blend to get the nic level you need, get 2 bottles of different nic levels and mix them, but I doubt that the nic level is the problem. Hopefully your shop is a good one, and has a testing bar so you can try out each of the brands and flavors that they sell so you don't have to buy something blind.

If they don't let us know what flavors you like and someone here should be able to give you some recommendations.

If you consider a different tank if the above does not help, consider the Subtank Mini for it's organic cotton coils so that you can see if it is a silica sensitivity. Using the Kanger OCC coils you don't need to rebuild to try cotton. You probably will want to buy this on-line though because it will most likely be cheaper even with shipping... (note that I'm not familiar with the Delta II so I don't know what kind of coils it uses, I've heard of it but I use Kayfun's exclusively now).

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When it pops and spits juice, add a few watts and see what happens, or open up the air flow if it ain't open all the way, or both.

I tried adding power after the ride home last night to get rid of the spitting.
It seemed to help quite a bit man, thank you.
Now I just need to make something to carry the 50w upright in my Rig like I did for the 20w.;)

As far as vitamin c goes, try 500mg per day.

UPDATE:
I woke up today feeling surprisingly well. (Tongue & Throat)
Actually, considerably better than I have in the past couple of weeks.
Normally I had been waking up feeling some relief just because of what I try and do for remedies before bed, and I'm obviously not vaping in my sleep... but today was a bit better.
I thought to myself, "well as soon as I start vaping that's gonna go right out the window".:rolleyes:
It didn't!
So far today...Vaping has caused me Very Minimal discomfort in comparison to the last couple of weeks.
THANK GOD!

Now....what did I do different? That's the tricky part:
Yesterday I ended up taking 600mg of Vitamin C (300mg twice)
I also started gargling Hydrogen Peroxide 3 times a day rather than just on occasion like I had been doing.
Keep in mind I'm still gargling Salt Water, Listerine, and that Prescription Rinse as well, but so far they haven't helped. So the only real change was the Peroxide and Vitamin C.
Other than that, I switched e-juice today.
Yesterday was a 80/20 blend and today is Max VG.
**EDIT** I just remembered that I also gargled and swallowed some straight Apple Cider Vinegar as well.

I really don't know what had worked.
There are just too many variables.
I had problems even with the Max VG before.
Earlier this week I was Vaping Max VG ET TREATS (tastes like Reese's Pieces)
and was having all kinds of trouble with my tongue and throat.
Switched to a Vanilla 80/20 then to a Orange Cream Sickle 80/20, same thing.
Today is Peanut Butter Max VG and it's going pretty well so far.
Could it be intolerance to the flavoring?
Well I'm sure there is Peanut Butter flavoring in the ET TREATS, so that doesn't make alot of sense.
Then there's the VG/PG variable...
when I started vaping for the first couple of weeks I was fine.
And that was on a 70/30 mix.
So that doesn't make sense either to me.
And I can't see how the Vitamin C and Peroxide increase could work over night either.
**EDIT** Or even the Apple Cider Vinegar.
I'm baffled.o_O
Let's see how long it lasts...I guess.

Last edited:

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have used Kanger tanks and my wife uses them, so they are different, but what you describe is flooding the coils which will spit small amounts of juice into your mouth.

When this happens,cover the air holes with your fingers and blow into the drip tip to build the pressure back up in the tank. Then fire the coil for a few seconds without putting in your mouth. This helps clear the coil.

Also, each time you refill the tank, twist up a piece of paper towel or use a Q-Tip and pull it through the chimney in the tank as well as the drip tip. This will clear any juice that has accumulated in either.

You should consider using a commercial brand of juice also. The shop may be using a brand of VG, PG, Nic, or flavorings that are irritating you. If you need a custom blend to get the nic level you need, get 2 bottles of different nic levels and mix them, but I doubt that the nic level is the problem. Hopefully your shop is a good one, and has a testing bar so you can try out each of the brands and flavors that they sell so you don't have to buy something blind.

If they don't let us know what flavors you like and someone here should be able to give you some recommendations.

If you consider a different tank if the above does not help, consider the Subtank Mini for it's organic cotton coils so that you can see if it is a silica sensitivity. Using the Kanger OCC coils you don't need to rebuild to try cotton. You probably will want to buy this on-line though because it will most likely be cheaper even with shipping... (note that I'm not familiar with the Delta II so I don't know what kind of coils it uses, I've heard of it but I use Kayfun's exclusively now).

Thanks for the very detailed response InMyImage!
Those added tips about the juice spitting along with Zamazam's advise of turning up the power temporarily might solve the whole issue. I'll try the combination next time it starts spitting and hopefully it works.

Where do I find a good "Commercial Brand" of juice?
The net is flooded with all kinds of vendors, and at this point I don't know one from the next, or who to trust when it comes to the juice side of things. That's why I've been sticking with my local shop so far. They do have a juice bar and they bend over backwards to make you happy about your purchase....so far, I'm new.

I believe both the Delta II and Subtank Mini Both have Organic Cotton "Stock Coils".
Which one I'll get is still up in the air.
I still don't know which would suit me better.
I like having metal over the glass for protection, but the Delta looks like a pain in the ass to fill, and hard to tell where your juice level is. And I've read it has an annoying ass whistle while drawing on it.
The Subtank looks easier to build, and fill, but I may break that exposed glass.
I don't mind having to work a bit harder at building the coils (once I get into that sort of thing)
if the end experience is considerably better. But if it isn't...then why go through the extra hassle.
(I'm referring to Zamazam's statement on the RBA Deck differences between the two)
I have to do more research on all of that.

I do want to get into all of that, but I'm not in a mad rush to do it either.
I think my Mini Nautilus Tanks will still end up being my daily drivers.
Hell...I invested in 3 of the damn things!
I'd BETTER get some use out of them.
I'd probably just end up using Sub-Ohm Tanks on the weekend, or a few times at night.
Just for better flavor, fun, and big vapor.
I don't think I could vape like that exclusively though.
You'd go through so much juice it would end up being just as expensive as smoking cigs...if not more! ya know?

In the meantime....
what exactly IS silica sensitivity?
Is it common?
And how exactly can you tell if you have it?

Last edited:

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried adding power after the ride home last night to get rid of the spitting.
It seemed to help quite a bit man, thank you.
Then there's the VG/PG variable...
when I started vaping for the first couple of weeks I was fine.
And that was on a 70/30 mix.
So that doesn't make sense either to me.
Sounds like the spitting could be part of the issue, and part of it might actually be a sensitivity/allergy to VG. It seems to be rare but does happen according to some threads that I've read.

Where do I find a good "Commercial Brand" of juice?
The net is flooded with all kinds of vendors, and at this point I don't know one from the next, or who to trust when it comes to the juice side of things. That's why I've been sticking with my local shop so far. They do have a juice bar and they bend over backwards to make you happy about your purchase....so far, I'm new.
What kinds of flavors do you like? I know that when I first started using tanks, it seems like NicQuid and Namber Juice were the brands I liked best.
Now, if I am getting juice (versus DIY which is most of what I vape) I have found that vapingwatch.com carries really good brands and flavors. Plus @VaporWatch has a forum here run by @VapeOn86. They do a lot of giveaways and contests if you participate in their main thread which is kind of like a social thread versus a product thread: http://vapingunderground.com/thread...om-giveaway-thread.13618/page-119#post-390343

In the meantime....
what exactly IS silica sensitivity?
Is it common?
And how exactly can you tell if you have it?
I don't know what the symptoms are, I have just heard that it is possible to have. My impression is that is pretty rare.

As mentioned above, I think that the spitting and PG ratio is most likely the culprit. Sounds like you need to use a juice with more PG. The ones that are not high VG are most frequently a 60/40 or 50/50 blend.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It looks like the spitting is now under control thanks to your good suggestions. So that part seems to be solved. I really wish these dang tank wouldnt flood in the first place though. Do all tanks do that to a certain degree?

The throat and tongue issue seems to be clearing up now as well. It started to bother me a bit again Thursday after noon. Did some gargling of peroxide and apple cider vinegar and it cleared up quickly. I didnt really have any iddues over the weekend.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Issues I meant.

I too started to think about a VG sensitivity.
I do have certain fruit and veggie sensitivities with foods so maybe that could happen with the VG I suppose. Im not going to go for a higher PG base though. I KNOW the PG was really messing with my throat, and even though I like a bit of a throat hit, the overall vaping experience has been better for me with a higher VG base. I just dont like the high juice consuption that seems to come along with it. Is there any way to tweak the high VG juice at home so it lasts longer??

The canker sores have cleared up for the most part as well.
So I guess I'll just keep up with the various rinsing with peroxide, vinegar, listerine , salt water, and prescription until that runs out....and keep taking the vitiman c of course. Hopefully that will keep everything at bay and with any luck, go away alltogether.

Thank you all for the great suggestions and I'll keep you updated on the progress and any changes.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
would be funny if it was scurvy. shiver me timbers

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you can buy vg from wal mart. its in the medicine section. if you suspect a vg sensitivity you can smoke some strait vg no nic no flavor and if it bothers you its vg.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can replace some of the PG/VG using distilled water or I think some of the DIY crowd dilutes with Vodka, but I'm not sure.

Post up a message in the general DIY section to ask about percentages that people have used successfully.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When I had this problem I took Multi-Vitimans and they never came back.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well...
I THINK I might have finally found the culprit to it all.
And it's now looking like it's the PG that was causing the bulk of the problem.
Yes, even at that low PG ratio.

After that brief spurt of things clearing up, everything came back in full force and was worse than ever.
I went back to the Dr. and he said the Cankers and throat irritation were obviously from the vaping...duh:rolleyes:
He said he was surprised that the medicated mouth rinse didn't work, but also told me that there is no way that the peroxide, apple cider vinegar, vitamin supplements, and salt water were going to help this problem.
So... he prescribed an antibiotic called Diflucan.
It's actually for fungal and yeast infections.
Bah-Bam! All cankers and throat irritation gone within 3 days and hasn't come back yet.
:cool:(crossing fingers):cool:

With that said....
for the last 5 days I've also stopped using my ejuices that contain PG.
Last night I got a craving for an Orange Dreamsicle flavor that is 80VG/20PG.
Within just a few minutes of vaping my throat was irritated and my tongue actually started itching.
I could also feel the spots where the cankers had been on my tongue starting to become inflamed.
(that tells me the cankers aren't completely healed yet, just to a point where they aren't noticeable under "normal' conditions)
I obviously don't want those painful things to come back so I regretfully switched to another juice.
The problem stopped.

So I can only come to the conclusion that it must be the PG that was causing me the bulk of the problem, if not all of the problem, as I seem to now be fine with using my Max VG juices.
I think the reason that I couldn't narrow that down before is because I never really got full relief from the problem until now.
Let's hope it lasts.
I will definitely post if it comes back.

Now my trouble is that I have about a half a dozen flavors with an 80VG/20PG ratio that I can't use.:mad:
Is there anyway that you all might know of to make them usable?
Adding extra VG or whatnot?
I presume doing such a thing would also screw up the Nic levels and flavor, but I have to ask.
I'm going to ask in the DYI Juices section to see if anyone there might know as well.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well...

After that brief spurt of things clearing up, everything came back in full force and was worse than ever.
I went back to the Dr. and he said the Cankers and throat irritation were obviously from the vaping...duh:rolleyes:
He said he was surprised that the medicated mouth rinse didn't work, but also told me that there is no way that the peroxide, apple cider vinegar, vitamin supplements, and salt water were going to help this problem.
Bah-Bam! All cankers and throat irritation gone within 3 days and hasn't come back yet.

With that said....
Within just a few minutes of vaping my throat was irritated and my tongue actually started itching.
I could also feel the spots where the cankers had been on my tongue starting to become inflamed.
(that tells me the cankers aren't completely healed yet, just to a point where they aren't noticeable under "normal' conditions)
I obviously don't want those painful things to come back so I regretfully switched to another juice.
The problem stopped.

So I can only come to the conclusion that it must be the PG that was causing me the bulk of the problem, if not all of the problem, as I seem to now be fine with using my Max VG juices.
I think the reason that I couldn't narrow that down before is because I never really got full relief from the problem until now.
Let's hope it lasts.

Now my trouble is that I have about a half a dozen flavors with an 80VG/20PG ratio that I can't use.:mad:
I presume doing such a thing would also screw up the Nic levels and flavor, but I have to ask.
I'm going to ask in the DYI Juices section to see if anyone there might know as well.
Hah, its always the pg. You can add more vg, but the pg will be still there. If you mix 1 to 1, you will have half the pg, nic and flavorings. Its worth a shot, but if you have a true allergy, you problems will persist.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This morning I tried a Vanilla flavor I have that is 80vg20pg with some hesitation. My tongue started to itch a bit, but nothing like it was doing with the Orange Dreamsicle. I swished some of my beverage around and pushed forward. For the most part it went away. I noticed Im having to drink more of course because of the PG but not a big reaction so far. Its starting to really baffle me. Almost makes me wonder if Im having certain reactions to certain flavors as well as the PG. Im not allergic to oranges though.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This morning I tried a Vanilla flavor I have that is 80vg20pg with some hesitation. My tongue started to itch a bit, but nothing like it was doing with the Orange Dreamsicle. I swished some of my beverage around and pushed forward. For the most part it went away. I noticed Im having to drink more of course because of the PG but not a big reaction so far. Its starting to really baffle me. Almost makes me wonder if Im having certain reactions to certain flavors as well as the PG. Im not allergic to oranges though.
thats easily explained. most orange vaping juices dont use much real orange because if the oils in a orange .oils dont vape well so orange flavor is artificial mostly even if its advertised as real orange. thees a reason every bottle of minute made taste the same.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you should get some alcohol based flavorings or VG based flavorings and use distilled water and DIY. DIY would be so easy using all VG. And don't worry about the amount of juice you go through as it costs about $1 per 30ml.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Youre friggin kidding me!?
Then how the hell are these vape shops getting away with selling it for $18?
Ridiculous!

If thats the case Id do it just for the cost benefit!
Problem is.....I wouldnt know where to start.
Where to get quality ingredients and whatnot.
Or measurements.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Youre friggin kidding me!?
Then how the hell are these vape shops getting away with selling it for $18?
Ridiculous!

If thats the case Id do it just for the cost benefit!
Problem is.....I wouldnt know where to start.
Where to get quality ingredients and whatnot.
Or measurements.

C'mon over to the DIY area - lots of helpful people here to help if you decide to go that route. :)
http://vapingunderground.com/#diy-e-liquid-do-it-yourself.137

(Oh - I see you're already there - never mind!)

Just researched this canker sore thing. For me it was the pg. Wanted to share the most frequently mentioned ways to ease the discomfort and speed healing:
#1 Alum powder was mentioned the most. It can be found in the spice aisle of the market. You put it on the sore for 60 seconds then spit it out. Repeat in several days if needed
#2 1 part liquid Benadryl, 1 part Milk of Magnesia, 1 part water- swish in your mouth 3-4×/day
#3 Lysine 1000th tabs - if you're prone to canker sores, 1 tab/day take 3/day during a breakout
Also rinsing with salt and warm water helps
I had no idea how many folks suffer with this from vaping!
Cheers all- vape on

ggvaper

Member For 4 Years
. he prescribed an antibiotic called Diflucan.

Well...

With that said
The problem stopped.

Let's hope it lasts.

ggvaper

Member For 4 Years
"there is no way that the peroxide, apple cider vinegar, vitamin supplements, and salt water were going to help this problem.
So... he prescribed an antibiotic called Diflucan."

I personally dislike physicians that dismiss anything other than anti inflammatory, antibiotic, anti fungal, anti everything. I like the open minded ones who are being more cautious about handing these out for everything that take away your immunity and ability to fight these discomforts. Unless they can be life threatening, they should be open to trying some otc and natural remedies as these medications are overused and are causing resistant strains that all the anti's cannot cure any longer.. In other words its easy to just pop a pill and watch it all get better in 3 days but taken again and again over a life time by nearly everyone produces bacteria and germs and fungus that cause serious infections that these things are now immune to; and can never work for us again. Pts pay for drs and want to see immediate results so u cant really blame the drs, although they know wat is happening; and good drs will not overprescribe any longer. that's just mho

Last edited:

VU Sponsors