Become a Patron!

Vaping coils cheat sheet

henry.alameda

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, I'm at a novice level of vaping now, but I want to help that noob out in that noob stage! Why doesn't everyone post simple builds, in writing..for example, For a good cloud chasing build, duel 7 wrap parallel with 24 gage kanthal on a 3 mm bit and ohms at 0.16.. For everyone's input I would like to put it in my notes on my phone and it can even get more informative then that! Thank you to everyone that wants to help that new vaper out there!

aeb74bc590ec5915d32e916c498707f6.jpg

Last edited:

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like this. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but i did 9 wraps 22g kanthal on 3mm (i think) bit, same size as my last 6 wrap build and its still reading at .11. But I don't think its chasing many clouds. It's pretty good but it's not the massive plumes that i expected to get from a compvape RDA.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
A) Novice vapers shouldn't be building .16Ω coils
B) What one person might find totally enjoyable another might find crappy
C) Regulated, unregulated, single battery, dual, triple, parallel or series? Each would require a different build to dial in the vape you're after

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I like this. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but i did 9 wraps 22g kanthal on 3mm (i think) bit, same size as my last 6 wrap build and its still reading at .11. But I don't think its chasing many clouds. It's pretty good but it's not the massive plumes that i expected to get from a compvape RDA.

.11 for that wire would be 1.5 wraps
9 wraps should be about .6ohm
6 wraps should be about .4ohm

What mod are you using?

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
make sure your connectors are clean and your coil screws are tight. If it's not that, it could be the box
It's a new rda. I triple checked my screws just to make sure it wasn't that. But I think you're right. It may be the box because that read is all wrong

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It's a new rda. I triple checked my screws just to make sure it wasn't that. But I think you're right. It may be the box because that read is all wrong

Do u have an ohm meter or other mod to test it on?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

henry.alameda

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
C) Regulated, unregulated, single battery, dual, triple, parallel or series? Each would require a different build to dial in the vape you're after

Well I'm novice and I build.. I got help from 3 buddy's if I have questions or need help. and I do have knowledge about battery saftey and ohms law.

henry.alameda

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
0.16 is a safe enough build.. .1 ohms is to low for me, I won't go under a 0.12 I've been vaping since mid June

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, with the wraps, it shouldn't be .11. I wouldn't say 2 years vaping isn't novice. Every coil builder had to start somewhere, did they not?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Oh, wait, i do have another mod. I can use my husband's

test it on his mod and see what you get then.
also if you do plan on building coils a lot, it would be a wise investment to get a good ohm meter

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Coil masters are too wimpy to properly pulse a new dual coil setup.
A DNA 200 mod is a better choice. You can vape on it too.
I've fired builds as low as .11 with dual fused clapton coils with no problem. your assessment is incorrect. It's fired every build I make easily. Maybe the battery you are using in it is too weak or isn't good enough?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've fired builds as low as .11 with dual fused clapton coils with no problem. your assessment is incorrect. It's fired every build I make easily. Maybe the battery you are using in it is too weak or isn't good enough?
Perhaps.

fired up a series mech build on it?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Perhaps.

fired up a series mech build on it?
Op isn't using a mech, I don't' use a mech anymore. If you use series batteries on a mech you are putting out 8.4v on full charge, since the TAB only takes 1 4.2v battery and doesn't have a boost circuit, it isn't designed for that. It still works perfectly as intended, not to mention it'll still heat up any build most likely it'll just take longer, which is fine because you aren't vaping on it, you are just getting the hot spots outs.

Also since you recommended a DNA mod, which is regulated, again a mech wouldn't be the case so why bring it up? The device works perfect for it's intended use, If you needed something that put out 8.4 volts instead, that would be a different story

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Op isn't using a mech, I don't' use a mech anymore. If you use series batteries on a mech you are putting out 8.4v on full charge, since the TAB only takes 1 4.2v battery and doesn't have a boost circuit, it isn't designed for that. It still works perfectly as intended, not to mention it'll still heat up any build most likely it'll just take longer, which is fine because you aren't vaping on it, you are just getting the hot spots outs.

Also since you recommended a DNA mod, which is regulated, again a mech wouldn't be the case so why bring it up? The device works perfect for it's intended use, If you needed something that put out 8.4 volts instead, that would be a different story
Yep works as intended for when it was built.
they need a new version with boost and or 2 batteries.

VU Sponsors